What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse in League 1

langpark

First Grade
You've (conveniently) forgotten to mention one result. You know, their very unconvincing win against an amateur side.

Don't jump the gun. Let's see how they fare against some of the better sides like Keighley and Doncaster first.

That being said, even if they do romp this division, I still support RFL's decision here, they've done the right thing in putting Toulouse in League One and not fast-tracking them to a higher division.

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
There are 5-6 teams in the league that will have similar scorelines against the likes of Hemel and Coventry. Rochdale are currently 32-0 up away at Coventry at half time. Winning the comp will not be easy, there are some pretty good teams in League 1.

jim_57

Staff member
You've (conveniently) forgotten to mention one result. You know, their very unconvincing win against an amateur side.

Don't jump the gun. Let's see how they fare against some of the better sides like Keighley and Doncaster first.

That being said, even if they do romp this division, I still support RFL's decision here, they've done the right thing in putting Toulouse in League One and not fast-tracking them to a higher division.

Instead they've made them drop a standard a presumably slash their salary cap. Stubborn decision IMO, no reason why they couldn't done exactly what they did with Catalans and gave all other clubs warning they would start Toulouse in Championship. This is professional sport.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Instead they've made them drop a standard a presumably slash their salary cap.
I'm not sure that Toulouse have lost any players from their last Elite One squad, and it's debatable whether they have dropped a standard, we can only judge that when they've played some of their championship rivals rather than the cannon fodder they've faced thusfar.

jim_57

Staff member
I'm not sure that Toulouse have lost any players from their last Elite One squad, and it's debatable whether they have dropped a standard, we can only judge that when they've played some of their championship rivals rather than the cannon fodder they've faced thusfar.

I had noticed there weren't a lot of comings and goings, which makes you wonder how they managed to keep their players with the drop in salary cap. Top ups from Toulouse Broncos maybe?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
file.php

crimpo

Juniors
Toulouse were in the Championship but quit - then a few years later decided they wanted to be admitted again. Having them start in League One was essential to ensure their commitment to the competition

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Well at least they know now that if they keep winning, they will be in Super League, last time was more or less all parties running around like headless chickens not know what to do, this time all parties are happy and the club can do what it likes as the people running it see a clear pathway to full professionalism.

latingringo101

Juniors
Be interesting to see where Toulouse end up at the end of the season.

It's great seeing the geography spread of the teams in this division with teams from Wales, Southern/Midlands England and France.

adamkungl

Immortal
To see the Welsh fall from SL to a couple of middling third grade sides is pretty disheartening. We're all hoping to see a second French side but I think it's just as important to have strong Welsh and London sides pushing for top grading.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
To see the Welsh fall from SL to a couple of middling third grade sides is pretty disheartening. We're all hoping to see a second French side but I think it's just as important to have strong Welsh and London sides pushing for top grading.

Most important thing is they are in there and they can fight their way to the top now or continue being mediocre.

They should be third on the ladder too. Best attack and defence in the comp.

But they play Leigh in the CC next so they go from playing bottom league 1 sides to a top championship side. That will sort them out.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Toulouse and Rochdale finish on 28 a piece in a rowdy affair. TOXIII have met their match and will need to do better to make the Championship, let alone the ESL.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Not a terrible result as Rochdale are probably the best team in the league and had a couple of dual-registration Super League players from Warrington in their team today, including Tom Lineham who was pushing for an England spot last year.

Latest posts