What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Planning for 2017?

ozenzud

Juniors
In the back of my mind, I thought this Storm game was a bit of a test. If we could win it, I thought we would be in about 7-8th and have a platform for the rest of the season.

Now though, the Warriors sit at 13th and it is now a long, long way back to the 8, let along the top rungs on the leaderboard which are now out of reach I reckon.

With RTS gone, a lot of the teams X-factor disappears.

Are the warriors now planning for 2017?

Cappy didn't miss all those tackles last night. Cappy didn't make all those poor reads in defence. I'd like to know how much of it was system failure and how much was a lack of personal commitment.

If you arn't at the ground, you don't know, but have to rely on the commentators (that Alexander t#at) and they said the line speed was poor.

I'm not in the sack the coach camp, but if we are in the 2017 planning now (and I think we are) does Cappy go now?

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Looking at top teams like the Cowboys, Broncos, Eels etc and our performances so far this year, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest we will be of any consequence in the premiership race this year. Indeed, at the present time we are an embarrassment and are scarcely worthy of our place in the competition. So yes, in my view we are looking toward 2017. It ain't happening this year.

Given our consistently abysmal performances of the last few seasons management must acknowledge that something is fundamentally wrong and move the club into a "rebuilding phase". As part of this rebuild, I propose that where possible new players are blooded. But as it doesn't make sense to bring new guys into a dysfunctional team I think we need to start fresh (again) with a new coach. Therefore, I conclude that the coach must go. I think our problems are far worse than just a shitty coach, but that's as good a place as any to start.

Leber

Bench
We are never going to win a comp. I think we need to face that. 20 years, numerous coaches and the team has always been inconsistent.

The best we can hope for is to plod our way into the 8 and go on a run.

ozbash

Referee
With RTS gone, a lot of the teams X-factor disappears.

Still waiting on that one, and Pomkins..

We don't know how to use these players and they are eventually dragged down to everyone else in the teams level.

vvvrulz

Coach
RTS had the feel of a class player desperately trapped trying to work with the crap around him
Big loss but our problems are much bigger than injuries

eventually every coach Bluey onwards lost the team for good, Cappy's turn now

I've written off 2016

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The best we can hope for is to plod our way into the 8 and go on a run.

That's what effectively every team aims for. If you're consistently making the eight, you give yourself a chance.

It's how Dallas won the NBA a few years back - they kept making the playoffs, and eventually went on the run they'd given themselves a chance for.

Our problem is we can't seem to even keep our shit together long enough to make the eight.

We kept making the eight under Ivan and eventually got on the right run to make the GF.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Back to the topic at hand though- they should absolutely NOT give up and start planning for 2017 now. They should pull their fingers out and start trying to win games, starting on Sunday. The season is a long way from over yet. In 2002 we lost 44-0 to the Roosters in the second half of the year and still made the GF. Sure, we lost that to the same team, but floggings happen, and its part of football life to recover and learn from them.

Blair

Coach
2017 can piss off.

We planned for this year and there's still 18 rounds to go. That's a mountain of football. Our draw is also very favourable, there's plenty of home games and the worst is pretty much over...Manly, Bulldogs, Storm, we took one from three.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I want to see them compete this year. I don't want a repeat of the back half of last year at any cost.

Blair

Coach
I want to see them compete this year. I don't want a repeat of the back half of last year at any cost.

I recall Elliott's side got a terrible hiding (62-6) at Penrith, then we went on a big winning run. Sure we missed the eight but if that happens again this year I'll sure as heck soak up those wins!