What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/dbfa60ac81234750cd4e8e93e3d38a88

PARRAMATTA’S champion halfback and captain Kieran Foran has been stood down from football indefinitely to deal with personal issues.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Eels superstar has been in hospital this week because of major concerns about his health and wellbeing.

It is understood he has been emotionally struggling to cope with a relationship breakdown from his long-time partner, who gave birth to their second child recently.

He has been missing from training all week.

NRL boss Todd Greenberg has been informed of Foran’s situation and has offered to provide any support the NRL can.

“The Parramatta Eels have granted Kieran Foran an indefinite leave of absence to seek the best possible medical treatment regarding a personal matter,” the Eels said in a statement on Thursday.

Stagger eel

Staff member
God bless him....his health is far more important than anything else at the moment so I'm sure we can sacrifice a few weeks without him until he gets right..

eels_fan

First Grade
All the best to Keiran. Health & family much more important than a footy game. Stood down doesn't seem to be the correct working though, makes it sound like he's done something wrong

strider

Post Whore
Can we change the title of this thread ... the telegraph are plain and simple massive merkins for going with that headline ... the club statement says he was granted leave, not stood down

T.S Quint

Coach
NRL boss Todd Greenberg has been informed of Foran’s situation and has offered to provide any support the NRL can

Any chance we can say that Keiran will get better if they forget about all that TPA nonsense?

murraymob

First Grade
Can we change the title of this thread ... the telegraph are plain and simple massive merkins for going with that headline ... the club statement says he was granted leave, not stood down

I agree the title suggests he has done something wrong. Some things are more important than footy this is one. Hope he gets the help he needs

hindy111

Post Whore
That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread f**kwit.

Nice language - I am just showing other teams have worse news today.

Foran might miss 2-3 games. While 2 stars of the game are out for the season.

ash411

Bench
I feel for the guy and if it's as bad as it sounds he should definitely get sorted out but fair dinkum..

We were looking so good this year, he was just starting to hit his stride too..

FMD, hope he gets himself sorted, for his sake most importantly, not just for footy.

Latest posts