What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I have 9 rep players...waaaaaaa"

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Benny is still one of the best, he has his ways of keeping his players' attention and getting them up for the next game, whether we agree matters a tuppenny f**k . . . but it's nice to know his shit does stink

Bennett is human, news at 6. Perhaps he was of the opinion that the boys trained well and would've been up for this game, and he was half right, but only after he got them into the sheds and went about being Wayne Bennett again.

He didn't get in their faces like Bellamy or Madge, he just laid down the law and told them the truth: that they were asleep at the wheel and they needed to wake up. And they listened. Too bad about Parker's goalkicking, amirite? So we lost regardless. After going into the game with a reasonable level of confidence as coach, he was caught off guard and was disappointed.

I'm sure that'll be really on his mind come Round 26 when Brisbane finish top 4. Bennett intentionally threw away the minor premiership last year because he knew there was bigger fish to fry. You can have your opinions about how Bennett manages clubs but you will never, ever have grounds to question his ability to analyze the game, convey that to his players or his insight into the game at a political level.

He set the agenda with golden point and now it is quickly on its way out with very little argument from anyone else.

some11

Referee
I would say Green isn't a jerk and doesn't whinge about everything like Bennett.

Nice deflection though.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...s/news-story/0731b867ed684813dd2b3ddc58e29ff9

Cowboys coach Paul Green had similar sentiments on Saturday night.

Green said the Cowboys? second-half fade against Manly was the result of his Test players looking towards Friday?s international.

Green said their second half was disappointing and laid the blame at the feet of his Kangaroos and Kiwi players.

God what a whinger.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/77e1aef2ddc68d818709258718dfafb4

Cowboys? coach Paul Green has backed Bennett?s stance over Milford.

Green said the injury risk was too great to allow a player such as Milford to play a Pacific Test.

Cowboys centre Tautau Moga ruptured his ACL representing Samoa in last year?s Pacific Test and was ruled out for the season.

?I fully understand why Wayne made that decision,? Green said.

?I think everyone wants to encourage the international game but the clubs take on all the risk in respect to these games.

?We lost Tautau Moga through the same game last year.

?No one realises we have to keep paying his salary, rehab him and we are without that player who takes up a huge chunk of our salary cap.

?Once those Test are done and dusted no one really cares too much.?

Green hates international rugby league, what an asshole!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Its utter nonsense imo. Like for the cowboys it made them fade and the broncos it msde them start badly

grouch

First Grade
I agree the City Country is a waste of time but there is absolutely no logic behind allowing club coaches to withdraw players from Internationals. The wages argument doesn't wash because player's wages are actually paid by the NRL - it comes from the club's grant. And the NRL should be bound by the RLIF

betcats

Referee

Wayne has a big whinge after every loss now. Brisbane have the most advantages out of every club and he is complaining about a rep team selection that was days before his game.

It is a ridiculous whinge from Green as well but he doesn't have Waynes form or profile.

Is these coaches cant keep their players focused it their fault, Parramatta has been turning up all season and look what they have going on.

betcats

Referee
I agree the City Country is a waste of time but there is absolutely no logic behind allowing club coaches to withdraw players from Internationals. The wages argument doesn't wash because player's wages are actually paid by the NRL - it comes from the club's grant. And the NRL should be bound by the RLIF

Yeah its pretty bad for any club to not let their players represent their countries. Its a small inconvenience, most of the clubs players will be resting this weekend anyway.

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos weren't the only players affected. I thought Semi had his worst game all season and was making a bunch of rookie mistakes (particularly in the first half) against the Dogs. Dugan also struggled. Mal's policy didn't cost Brisbane the game by any means, but it had an effect on players.

As for coaches whinging, seriously? Outside of Hook who tends to keep his mouth shut, I can't think of any high profile coach that hasn't had a whinge. Bennett may have experience but he's been doing this longer than some of us have been alive (guilty). Give Green, Arthur, Flanno time and they'll catch him - they're already making nice progress as is.

This has nothing on Arthur blowing up about a clear as day sin bin.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope the Broncos have a training run at the weekend and Milford pulls a hammy or something. the attitude of the Queensland clubs coaches to International RL is disgusting and England should show him the door now.

Far Canal

Juniors
The Broncos weren't the only players affected. I thought Semi had his worst game all season and was making a bunch of rookie mistakes (particularly in the first half) against the Dogs. Dugan also struggled. Mal's policy didn't cost Brisbane the game by any means, but it had an effect on players.

As for coaches whinging, seriously? Outside of Hook who tends to keep his mouth shut, I can't think of any high profile coach that hasn't had a whinge. Bennett may have experience but he's been doing this longer than some of us have been alive (guilty). Give Green, Arthur, Flanno time and they'll catch him - they're already making nice progress as is.

This has nothing on Arthur blowing up about a clear as day sin bin.

Just curious, what were the 'bunch of rookie mistakes" Semi made? I could think of the glaring one, where he came in and missed Morris that lead to the try and maybe where he dropped a ball from Norman (albeit, a bit high) when Parra were attacking the Bulldog's line. There was him being pushed into the in goal but that was great defence from the Bulldogs.... so not really a mistake....

Big Pete

Referee
There were a couple of other instances as well, particularly in defence where it just led me to believe the pressure had gotten to him somewhat. The Morris miss in particular was brutal, he doesn't come up with those plays anymore.

Hauff

Juniors
I hope the Broncos have a training run at the weekend and Milford pulls a hammy or something. the attitude of the Queensland clubs coaches to International RL is disgusting and England should show him the door now.

Oh so you actually think it was Bennetts decision?:lol::lol:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

:lol: I love these wankers who throw around wishing injury on players just to get some on another club. Scum.

Noname36

First Grade
Oh Jesus what a sook. "Poor me - I have too many rep players"

He walked out on Newcastle and bagged the playing group on the way out because it wasn't a rep quality roster.

This is like the reverse of Stuarts "I don't have enough rep players" but somehow even more annoying.

Just cop that your side was outplayed by a better side FFS.

Latest posts