What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just got out of the cinemas. Absolutely loved it.

Spidey totally stole the show even though Black Panther was awesome.

That airport scene was pure awesomeness.

bileduct

Coach
Visually, Civil War was impressive. It blows Michael Bay films out of the water.

Other than that it was pretty average. The whole UN takeover of the Avengers and all the unnecessary guilt being the cause of the split was just f**king ludicrous. It should have been about Bucky killing Stark's parents. That would have been plausible, rather than just having Stark just accept the proposal right away. Magneto's daughter was upset because she had to stay in on a Saturday night... FFS.

The airport scene would have to be the most overhyped scene in history. Like I said, visually impressive, but it just became a tedious chain of Superhero A gets punched by Superhero B who gets kicked by Superhero C who gets chokeslammed by Superhero D who gets DP'ed by Superhero E who then makes a wisecrack about Superhero F who then gets a building dropped on him by Superhero G who then.... all ending in a Star Wars rip off.

Grade C.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I don't remember any reviews I read saying it was the greates action scene in movie history, but most called it the greatest in any comic book movie, which I would agree with based on the sheer complexity and fluidity of it.

I think a better description would be the funnest action scene to watch

I don't remember any one stunt, or any one moment that made my jaw drop. The fight choreography wasn't anything special. I'd say daredevil has better choreographed fight scenes

But that doesn't make it shit, it's objective was just different.

I do wish someone big dies in the MCU, it's getting a little crowded now

Frederick

Staff member
Visually, Civil War was impressive. It blows Michael Bay films out of the water.

Other than that it was pretty average. The whole UN takeover of the Avengers and all the unnecessary guilt being the cause of the split was just f**king ludicrous. It should have been about Bucky killing Stark's parents. That would have been plausible, rather than just having Stark just accept the proposal right away. Magneto's daughter was upset because she had to stay in on a Saturday night... FFS.

The airport scene would have to be the most overhyped scene in history. Like I said, visually impressive, but it just became a tedious chain of Superhero A gets punched by Superhero B who gets kicked by Superhero C who gets chokeslammed by Superhero D who gets DP'ed by Superhero E who then makes a wisecrack about Superhero F who then gets a building dropped on him by Superhero G who then.... all ending in a Star Wars rip off.

Grade C.

:lol: terrible DC troll is terrible

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think the reason Stark signs the accords right away is that he wants to be controlled. He has been wanting out of the super hero game for a while now but he can't help himself. He goes through PTSD after the events of Avengers, which causes him to continually make new suits in iron man 3. He is obsessed. At the end of iron man 3 he seemingly turns a leaf and destroys all his suits. But he's back in the game come age of ultron. He can't help but get himself involved (as explained in civil war) to the point that it's ruined his relationship with pepper Potts. This obsession of wanting to help, and also redeem himself for years of arms production, but also retire (helped by the vision he recieved in the beginning of age of ultron) leads to him creating Ultron. He knows he can't control himself, and that his decisions can be catastrophic, so when he sees a human face to the ultron disaster he has no problems signing the accords and letting some one else help get himself back in control.

bileduct

Coach
I do wish someone big dies in the MCU, it's getting a little crowded now
Yeah, that was another thing I really disliked about this film. They didn't take a single risk with any of the characters. War Machine breaks his back but so f**king what. Dude wears a powered suit and he's almost back to walking by the end of the movie anyway.

Funny watching him get loaded into an MRI and then them having to wait a day or whatever for the results. Surely with all the tech Stark has, as well as Vision's abilities, they would have been able to figure it out for themselves.

Noa

First Grade
Some-one dieing would not have advanced the plot at all.

Even the MAGNIFICENT airport scene wasnt so much a fight as a super-hero version of British Bullrush. No one needed to die in that.

bileduct

Coach
Some-one dieing would not have advanced the plot at all.
What, any plot?

Pretty sure people die a lot in movies dude. Pretty sure it's to serve some kind of purpose too.

In fact, pretty sure the death of Stark's parents was used to advance the plot in this film.

Last edited:
Airport Scene was rad but it wasn't that great of an action scene really. Like someone else said the Daredevil action scenes are better choreographed. Don't get me wrong it was fun to watch, but yeah definitely being overhyped.

Parra Pride

Coach
I'm going to go out on a limb and say characters will be dying in Infinity War. Hell, Vision has a massive bulls eye on him already as Thanos will be coming for that infinity stone.

Noa

First Grade
What, any plot?

Pretty sure people die a lot in movies dude. Pretty sure it's to serve some kind of purpose too.

In fact, pretty sure the death of Stark's parents was used to advance the plot in this film.

The plot for Ferris Buellers Day off.

Seriously you know what plot for what movie we're talking about and you know when people talk about deaths in Marvel movies theyre referring to central characters.

bileduct

Coach
The plot for Ferris Buellers Day off.

Seriously you know what plot for what movie we're talking about and you know when people talk about deaths in Marvel movies theyre referring to central characters.
Well I wasn't. As far as I am concerned it could have been any of the non-core characters. They used War Machine breaking his back to drive the plot when Vision zorched him accidentally. By the end of the movie he's walking again.

They took the safe option and everything that went in came out at the end virtually unscathed.

Nobody died in the civil war.

Parra Pride

Coach
The big conflict was between people who were all ultimately friends, just caught in the wrong side of a fight. Apart from Black Panther for most of the film, and Stark at the end, none of them had any intention of killing each other. That's better than forcing a death like they did with Superman, and then f**king teased his resurrection at the end anyway.