What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
The points suspension related to implementing governance reforms...which we did...and that suspended penalty is gone...vamoose. If we cop a 4 point penalty is as likely to be b/c that is threshold above which we can use the NRL's own appeals process.

FYI - I cant be assed finding the NRL Media release again, but the original suspended 4 points was for governance reforms AND no further cap breaches.

I posted it sometime ago in this thread already.

Edit: here is it

There is a line towards the bottom:
The club must also ensure it does not breach the salary cap rules before 29 February 2016.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
well if they occurred in the past under previous Admin then it's not the current mobs fault the dopes at the NRL didn't pick it up then

the NRL should sack themselves for being incompetent

and if they come out saying it's unfair on other clubs if points are not deducted then that's a load of shit as the gumbies have no idea if they're under the cap either

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
Just going back to this article about a (suspended) member atempting to get 100 signatures for an EGM to sack the board... what a dog act.

During this whole saga we wondered when the true agenda of all of the damaging leaks and media camapign to destabilise the club and board would be revealed... and here it is. After trying to get the members so upset (albeit over past indescretions and mismanagement by previous administrations), hatch the plan to give the unsuccessful oused factions a hope at regaining their power at the club.

The frontman quoted in this article - along with Ben Smith - appear to have links with Spagnolo, judging from previous election campaigns. In my opinion their assertions about what the membership base is feeling cannot be believed on face value, and their self-serving statements should be closely scrutinised by discerning members before trusting their motives. The frontman (should he become active again on this forum) could even be considered the successor to sangreal86/sevens...?

Despicable that they would think to play their media card at this exact time in the club's circumstances, and a true indication of where their personal priorities really lie.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Just going back to this article about a (suspended) member atempting to get 100 signatures for an EGM to sack the board... what a dog act.

During this whole saga we wondered when the true agenda of all of the damaging leaks and media camapign to destabilise the club and board would be revealed... and here it is. After trying to get the members so upset (albeit over past indescretions and mismanagement by previous administrations), hatch the plan to give the unsuccessful oused factions a hope at regaining their power at the club.

The frontman quoted in this article - along with Ben Smith - appear to have links with Spagnolo, judging from previous election campaigns. In my opinion their assertions about what the membership base is feeling cannot be believed on face value, and their self-serving statements should be closely scrutinised by discerning members before trusting their motives. The frontman (should he become active again on this forum) could even be considered the successor to sangreal86/sevens...?

Despicable that they would think to play their media card at this exact time in the club's circumstances, and a true indication of where their personal priorities really lie.

have a look at the suspended members twitter account

he has a few followers with the same surname

ash411

Bench
https://twitter.com/proshenks/status/727096699852705793

I'll bet he messed his pants a little when he wrote this one...

i.e...

hqdefault.jpg

i suppose one good thing is that all these turncoats are showing their true colours now and those with clear minds can see their agendas at work

emjaycee

Coach
I left the AGM before the vote on the first motion... like Delboy I was sick of the childish, petty behaviour from certain members on the floor and not surprisingly it is the same people year after year.

I had taken my wife along to vote with me in ensuring that there was not going to be a spill/no confidence motion tonight and thankfully this didn't seem likely when we left.

To be honest, I was nearly equally disappointed with the performance of most of the officials on the stage.
Sharp needs lots and lots of practice in chairing an AGM. Tanya and Paul Garrard both thought they were in their respective public roles during question time. Andrew Cordell read the brief of the financials and I would give him a pass mark only. Serrao said nothing in the time I was present and Geoff Gerard spoke well in favour of the motion to make the PNRL a non-saleable asset. I did give a pass mark to Bevan Paul, however thought that he could have handled some of the rebuttals during question time better. Manoj from PWC was good in answering in a clear and concise manner questions put to him. But my favourite without a doubt was the esteemed lawyer - geez he left Sharp and the Board out to dry at times. I am not a lawyer but I reckon I understand the various constitutions and how to ensure motions are tabled correctly better than him.

phantom eel

First Grade
I left the AGM before the vote on the first motion... like Delboy I was sick of the childish, petty behaviour from certain members on the floor and not surprisingly it is the same people year after year.

I had taken my wife along to vote with me in ensuring that there was not going to be a spill/no confidence motion tonight and thankfully this didn't seem likely when we left.
Good job MJC :thumn.

We all now just have to defeat said motion if the merkin (suspended club member) running the campaign through the Telegraph :fist: somehow rustles up 100 signatures for an EGM, after some penalty is announced tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.