What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain BF

Juniors
At the AGM i noticed a few odd things. 1) i watched a bloke instruct people what to vote on, 2) a group of people who voted against everything that was put up, including the resolution of the members voting on the sale of the Eels franchise.

As a supporter of Sharp, i was a bit disappointed with his sniping at Fitzgerald. I wasn't at all surprised by the behavior of Fitzgerald, Chris Jurd and Fenwick. It seems par for course.

Tanya Gidell (spelling?) Her claim of Fitzgerald being seen at the horse races with Tabakov recently was interesting. She's firey.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Numerous mainstream media websites are saying we are out of the finals in the last couple of hours. The punishment will match the crime ie. Worse than the warriors, or the NRL can expect a nice backlash from the club and the fans. Todd is in for a nice surprise if he thinks otherwise

Parra Future

Juniors
image.jpg

Just been sprung by a mate asking me via SMS. Is that you in the shadows. Are you back? Got to go ring him now. Later all. Take care.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Tanya went too far I thought.

I thought she exhibited a person who was fed up with all the crap. I took time out to shake her hand at the conclusion of the meeting. Sure her emotions got the better of her but she said what a lot were thinking. Love her passion.
Unfortunately they dont check for idiots at the door. The vote counting issues created by some proved you dont need a brain to be a member.
Poor old Sharpy has his heart in the right place but goodness he needs better support. It must be realised that many just cannot grasp the wording in the motions and better explanation is most definitely required.
The on stage lawyer? He may be a bright boy but he comes across as being weak and almost apologetic. Definitely needs to be replaced by a hard arsed lawyer given the current environment. If hes involved if the TPA matter goes to court I shudder to think.
Fitzy? Well what can I say. The usual, "I could do a better job than you" attitude. In all honesty he stumbled and bumbled many times tonight. Hes loosing it. Time to organise some care for the old fella I reckon.
In conclusion. Tania. Gaz loves ya. Go girl.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Good to see Guru Jnr jumping on Chris Walkers tweet saying we have to lose points to make it fair for everyone... What a d**k

Captain BF

Juniors
Tanya went too far I thought.

Yes i thought she probably did as well. I don't blame her but probably not the time nor place for it. But then again, maybe addressing the elephant in the room was the way to go.

What did everyone think of Tony Zappia?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yes i thought she probably did as well. I don't blame her but probably not the time nor place for it. But then again, maybe addressing the elephant in the room was the way to go.

What did everyone think of Tony Zappia?

Was he the bloke that forwarded 129 questions for the meeting? Lol.

Captain BF

Juniors
No. I heard the 129 question man after the meeting on the phone saying that he wanted answers to every one of his questions and willing be calling and emailing until they're all answered.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No. I heard the 129 question man after the meeting on the phone saying that he wanted answers to every one of his questions and willing be calling and emailing until they're all answered.
And when he finally gets all his answers what next? Looks like he will be busy till the next AGM.

emjaycee

Coach
Tony Zappia was the first of the members to the podium during question time.
I must admit, I don't think he set a good tone for those that followed him.

The guy that had sent in 129 questions really needs to get something else in his life.

ash411

Bench
Good to see Guru Jnr jumping on Chris Walkers tweet saying we have to lose points to make it fair for everyone... What a d**k

Classy guy.

He's going on about everyone finally seeing Sharps "True Colours" now.. I'm paraphrasing, here's the tweet.

Eric Grothe Junior ‏@EricGrotheJnr 26m26 minutes ago Sydney, New South Wales
@bradlz2912 @iam_chriswalker @TheParraEels I'm happy people now see what Sharp & co. are about. Tried to tell every1 but they sold it well.

https://twitter.com/EricGrotheJnr/status/727130869610123267

merkin. in fact no, he doesn't deserve to be called a merkin.

It boggles my mind how many guy we were proud to see in the blue & gold turn on our club. All because of petty jealousies.

It's really sad.

Gazzamatta

Coach

The guy that had sent in 129 questions really needs to get something else in his life.

Tony was the first guy eh? Yes his tone was duplicated by subsequent speakers no doubt. The guys that annoyed me most were Fitzys henchmen. If you looked closely you could see Fitzy pulling the strings attached to either side of their mouths. Do these people really support our Club in any way shape or form. Do they honestly realise how ridiculous they looked and sounded. Play them back the replay. They would die of embarassment. If children acted like that they would be sent to their rooms without dinner.

ash411

Bench
Tony was the first guy eh? Yes his tone was duplicated by subsequent speakers no doubt. The guys that annoyed me most were Fitzys henchmen. If you looked closely you could see Fitzy pulling the strings attached to either side of their mouths. Do these people really support our Club in any way shape or form. Do they honestly realise how ridiculous they looked and sounded. Play them back the replay. They would die of embarassment. If children acted like that they would be sent to their rooms without dinner.

Problem is they support Fitzy, who they believe supports the club, but he really doesn't, he also supports Fitzy.

phantom eel

First Grade
The guy who lost his job as Sharks football operations manager some years ago? How do people like that and Proshenks remain voting members of our club? :crazy:

phantom eel

First Grade
Classy guy.

He's going on about everyone finally seeing Sharps "True Colours" now.. I'm paraphrasing, here's the tweet.

merkin. in fact no, he doesn't deserve to be called a merkin.

It boggles my mind how many guy we were proud to see in the blue & gold turn on our club. All because of petty jealousies.

It's really sad.
Eric Grothe Jr appears to be a wanker of the highest order. Until his name was mentioned in the above post I'd forgotten he'd even had a rugby league career!

Left our club to play for the Roosters.... f**k off Eric Jr, you are unwanted :arrow:.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So the only motion that wasnt carried tonight was the motion relating to ex employees needing to have terminated more than 3 years prior to be elegible to stand for the board. This was a Governance recomendation supported by the NRL.
A huge win for Fitzy on this one. Lol.
So Fitzys example for the captive audience to vote against was that theoretically Jarryd Hayne could have stood for a board election if it was held immediately after being released by the club. Great example Fitzy. Told you he was loosing it. Im sure this suggested Governance review improvement approved by the NRL was proposed for such a reason. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.