What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
I'd say that the NRL has realised that procedural fairness is a legality in the real world and that is why the entire thing is a "Preliminary Finding".

We will have the right to respond to all allegations.

I'd argue again in a court of law that we've not been able to respond to the allegations before a penalty was determined though. Procedural fairness would dictate that we should have an opportunity to respond to the allegations before a penalty be determined.

I find you guily of murder - life sentence.

oh whats that? your lawyer hasn't said anything yet?

Glenn

First Grade
My understanding is that they are preliminary findings and a maximum penalty. It's up to the eels to prove otherwise and possibly reduce the penalty.
Is that right?
Maybe nrl said stuff it too many files to go through lets just go off the papers, issues fine and let them prove it saving us time and resources.

Yes , now Parramatta have 5 days to appeal also possible to get an extension on that time frame, which would likely be granted due to the complexity of the case.

Come on guys. If the reported stuff around how these TPA's have been arranged, payments made to players etc are true, it's a disgrace by the club admin / board. Who the f**k in their right mind even minutes this shit when you are doing the wrong thing.

I hate Greenberg and the NRL as much as the next nobody but seriously, cant shoot blanks at them for the stupidity of your board and admin.

Direct your rage where it should be, the wankers who let your players and you down doing this shit

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
is there still a press conference at 11:30? .... is there anything left to say? or does the nrl just go with leaks these days?

Glenn

First Grade
Come on guys. If the reported stuff around how these TPA's have been arranged, payments made to players etc are true, it's a disgrace by the club admin / board. Who the f**k in their right mind even minutes this shit when you are doing the wrong thing.

I hate Greenberg and the NRL as much as the next nobody but seriously, cant shoot blanks at them for the stupidity of your board and admin.

Direct your rage where it should be, the wankers who let your players and you down do this shit

Goes without saying those responsible should be booted out, however if Parramatta are the only club to do what they have been accused of, I will be very surprised.

hindy111

Post Whore
I still don't understand. We are 570k over the cap. Warriors were 500k over the cap. They copped a 4 point penalty. We are facing a 12 point penalty. I need hindy111 to do his percentages thingo....

The cap is 7 million now compared to mid 3s.....

So you could say we where half the amount they where over. But it 3 x times as hard. We where hit 5 times as HARD

IFR33K

Coach

Direct your rage where it should be, the wankers who let your players and you down doing this shit

No doubt the board fcked up. But this is different to both the storm and dogs case, bc there were multiple contracts signed by players, and players were getting paid by organisations outside of their club. There is no way the players had no idea.

Like I've stated before. I'd like to know what role managers have played in all this.

The penalty handed down has hit the players and fans. The people responsible may get off Scott free.

Joely01

Bench
What a joke!

Fitzy can piss right off from the club, why he is even still around is beyond a joke. Anyone who actually supports this bloke can you just f**k off and go support another club.
The guy is as low as you can get, doesn't care about the club, only himself!

The NRL and Greenberg, what's the point of the press conference, once again key information gets leaked before a big announcement. You've got leaks inside your own office, fix it up!

Incorrect

Coach
Because they are incompetent at telling whether or not a club is over the cap unless all the details are handed to them on a silver platter by someone involved with the club.

Bingo

Every salary cap drama that has resulted in loss of points/stripped premierships;

* Bulldogs - not uncovered by NRL Cap auditors. External investigation by Fairfax brought rorting to light
* Warriors - not uncovered by NRL cap auditors.. Self reported by Warriors
* Storm - not uncovered by NRL cap auditors. Whistleblower brought rorting to light
* Eels - not uncovered by NRL cap auditors. Info leaked by self-interested factionalism

Call me a cynic but why should I believe that any team that has won a premiership in the last 20 years been under the cap? Just because the NRL don't find something, doesn't mean it isn't there, that much is clear.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Ray Hadley: "All my fans are contacting me telling me it is a disgrace if the Eels make the 8"

LOL ok Ray,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts