What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
The remaining board members should appeal and argue precedent to reduce to the amount of penalty imposed. Twelve points is too excessive if you are $570k over the cap, especially if you can comply by the retirement of Watmough and cutting several other players assuming there is a demand for them.

ash411

Bench
I'm heart broken champ! But you can give some leeway so I can name the people who smashed me for daring to tell the truth and speak against the angelic board we have. I'm heartbroken that these morons have wrecked our club.

Just leave it Jake, no one needs to hear it today.

Everyone is as heart broken as you are, how would you like it if some smart arse started crowing at you today?

We were giving them the benefit of the doubt, that doubt is now removed, enough said.

Nobody in the Parramatta fanbase should be happy about anything today, nor should we be pointing fingers about who stuck up for who and who was right about yadda yadda.

We need to come together as fans and stand by the team. BA and the boys are what's important right now. Supporting them and showing them that we will not abandon them is the most important thing. We don't need any more infighting.

We all know we were wrong Jake, you don't need to tell us.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd say that the NRL knows that it's highly likely that Watmough will be off the Parra salary cap in the very near future, which is why they have said that once the club sorts itself out it can play for points, as it appears that it's not going to be that hard to do.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I like how you guys have managed to convince yourselves the Eels are the victims in this

#ClickBait

I'm just waiting for the Roosters and Broncos investigations to finish

Skeleton-Free-Download-PNG.png

amitropo

Juniors
I never heard of the points and fine will be reduced if eels can provide proof for any of the breaches.

icewind

Juniors
Offloading fringe players is going to do f*** all in regards to the cap. You have to replace those players in your squad. Minimum wage for nrl top 25 man squad is 80'000. So moving on those 6 players you will still need to replace them with 6 players = $480'000.

You are only saving approx $120,000 moving on those players and replacing all of them with minimum wage players.

Say goodbye to some of your big guns, cos there ain't no other way about it.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The remaining board members should appeal and argue precedent to reduce to the amount of penalty imposed. Twelve points is too excessive if you are $570k over the cap, especially if you can comply by the retirement of Watmough and cutting several other players assuming there is a demand for them.

And also argue the TPA that have been included to put us over for 2016 are actually legal, thus we aren't over the cap.

KromyD

Juniors
Watmough gets his insurance payout (should be around 75% of his contract, based on time before injury), there is the cap cleared.

Isn't the fuss over Watmough wanting a payout that the Eels think he is in no right to claim 1/4 thru his deal. If they pay his wages and he overcomes the injury and plays next year than retires on his own terms, its a much safer (plus cheaper) path for the board.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We all know we were wrong Jake, you don't need to tell us.

Please. Maybe a few merkins who support administrations rather than teams might be wrong.

But 99% of people who don't give a shit about any of that aren't 'wrong' at all.

eel01s

Bench
FMD.

$3m since 2013??? Bye Bye Sharp and co.

What really sh*ts me is that both Greenburg and Weeks said that Parra was given the opportunity to come clean several times (even last year) but didn't. Why wouldn't you come clean? Of course the only answer is that you were up to your eyeballs in it and couldn't pull the "I am cleaning up the mess" card.

Our Board and senior officials kept lying. We deserve what we get - and it sickens me to say that. The Storm are my most hated team because they cheated and took a premiership away from us. How are we any different if we cheated by $3m???

My only hope in this is that some good comes out of it, namely: new, professional board and management, retain BA and the core of the side, and start again next season.

If we are $570k over this year, the pending Watmough retirement would help (Weeks said no documentation had been submitted to NRL) , but we have to assume that only half of his salary would count against the $570k. Not sure what the deal was with Morgan. We may have to release Paulo now.

Oh, first item for the new board will be to remove the leaker(s) from the clubs records permanently, and barr them from ever setting foot in the club or the ground again.

Gronk

Staff member

Weeks said in the presser that our breaches amount to about $3M over 3/4 years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm shattered I truly am, but after reading what these incompetent clowns have been doing how can we criticise the NRL or other clubs at all???

3m from 2013 isn't much different from the rubbish the Storm was guilty of, I hope Fitzy and his leaking mates are f**king happy. Arrogant old fossil, hope you and leaking mates get by about 20 cement trucks.if he can't run the club he's rather f**kiing destroy it.

And as for Sharp and his board and staff, f**k you and your good governance and stuff you f**king out of your depth clown. Even as late as last night the useless prick was lying to the fans. Shame you won't be around long enough to get your dodgy pay rise you wanker.

Mostly I feel sorry for the players and Ba and his coaching staff, this season you are a team to be proud of, hope we can keep the core of this side together and win a comp in the next year or 2.

f**k this I'm getting a litre bottle of rum and hitting the piss!!

stay strong brother..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts