What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Weird thread...

Pretty much we will lose Watmough (who hasn't yet played), which means we can play for points THIS year, and come back angrier next year.

akers

Juniors
Please correct me if I'm wrong..so 37 out of a 64 page report handed down by the NRL in regards to breaches were given by an ex employee of the club that the current bad 5 sacked..

oldmancraigy

Coach
Maybe the NRL are smarter than we give them credit for?

They are playing Fitz and Hads for fools. Wait until the day after the AGM to call for suspensions (so nobody can do something stupid at the AGM), and then hand out a provisional sentence, which they then overturn in June, and let an extremely popular club surge to the finals.

Footy is rarely better than when a team is on a Cindarella run. You've got the Queensland teams pumping along, now get the big Sydney club to raise its head, and make up the top 4 with the Storm.

Meantime Fitz and Hads look like such morons nobody pays anymore attention to them.

Well played NRL.

Djay

Juniors
Please correct me if I'm wrong..so 37 out of a 64 page report handed down by the NRL in regards to breaches were given by an ex employee of the club that the current bad 5 sacked..

Sounds about right....

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Emjay, the definition of breach is not in question, the definition of cap is though. The penalty doesn't stipulate we need to "un"breach the cap to earn points. We need to unburden the cap.

The breach of the cap cannot be undone, unless everything thing is eventually unproven, not likely. The only thing we can correct is the cap, which we will have, retrospectively, but still validly.

It doesn't matter, 'cause if we have cheated in the manners described, the club is at fault and 12 points is probably worthy. But they have to fault those first.

In the case of your and my point of difference I feel the wording describes the cap, not the rules.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Coincidence only that the final motion at the AGM last Monday was in regards to restricting employees who have terminated in the past 3 years from standing for the Parramatta Board? Confirming also that it did not get up.
Is Seward attempting a coup with the assistance of the NRL? Far fetched I know but stranger things have happened.
I am a former HR Manager who dealt with strong unions and what I learned very quickly is that very little is as it appears. Back room deals and showmanship are generally on the menu to get a matter resolved. How much of all this has been staged and is just playing out as per the script.
My experience has me very suspicious.

Chipmunk

Coach

Well three of the five...the other two were his employees.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
I'm starting to believe the NRL just want our board removed. Then they may soften their penalty a little.

The penalty already is soft if you believe what the nrl is saying. $3m over 4 years. Cash payments, etc etc .... Its not trivial - why should they be letting us even have a chance?

I reckon they've got little and they know it.

I am not saying they've got nothing ... we have done some shit - probably similar shit to other clubs, but we got ratted out

Chipmunk

Coach
maybe the nrl are smarter than we give them credit for?<br><br>they are playing fitz and hads for fools. Wait until the day after the agm to call for suspensions (so nobody can do something stupid at the agm), and then hand out a provisional sentence, which they then overturn in june, and let an extremely popular club surge to the finals.<br><br>footy is rarely better than when a team is on a cindarella run. You've got the queensland teams pumping along, now get the big sydney club to raise its head, and make up the top 4 with the storm.<br><br>meantime fitz and hads look like such morons nobody pays anymore attention to them.<br><br>well played nrl.

I think that is a bit of wishful thinking

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Coincidence only that the final motion at the AGM last Monday was in regards to restricting employees who have terminated in the past 3 years from standing for the Parramatta Board? Confirming also that it did not get up.
Is Seward attempting a coup with the assistance of the NRL? Far fetched I know but stranger things have happened.
I am a former HR Manager who dealt with strong unions and what I learned very quickly is that very little is as it appears. Back room deals and showmanship are generally on the menu to get a matter resolved. How much of all this has been staged and is just playing out as per the script.
My experience has me very suspicious.

You would have to take into account also that the club constitution doesn't allow for directors to be parachuted in... I can't see the PLC membership voting Seward onto any board anytime under any circumstances.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
The NRL has attempted to claim there has been a "misunderstanding" about the status of the competition points.
But Mr Moses said NRL CEO Todd Greenberg had made public statements to the effect that the club could not accrue points while the injunction was ongoing.
"We received a letter late yesterday [that said] while the injunction is on foot we won't stop you from accruing points, while you are below the salary cap," he told the court.

That's a lie, Greenburg said both on nrl360 and the footy show that whilst those 5 remained at the club we would not accrue points. The question was asked as black and white as possible and he said we would not be earning points even if we were cap compliant whilst the 5 remained there and repeated this several times.

NRL a back peddling something severe and must realised they have stuffed up somewhere . If all this is found to not be true I'd love to see the reactions on the faces of idiots like Hadley, Fitzgerald and Paul Kent.

I think when Greenberg told sterlo and Cronin that he wanted to 'fix' our club, they thought he was using the word the way a handyman might. Turns out he was using it the way a veterinarian would.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think when Greenberg told sterlo and Cronin that he wanted to 'fix' our club, they thought he was using the word the way a handyman might. Turns out he was using it the way a veterinarian would.

There's got to be more to the purpose of calling these two also. I'm a bit lost with this bit. What's so special about Sterlo and Crow? Particularly Crow, someone who has been out of the club for so long.

Why didn't he contact Pricey, Bert, Guru, Zip, Muggleton and Peter Wynn and anyone else that won Premierships 30 years ago?

Fui Fighters

Juniors
There's got to be more to the purpose of calling these two also. I'm a bit lost with this bit. What's so special about Sterlo and Crow? Particularly Crow, someone who has been out of the club for so long.

Why didn't he contact Pricey, Bert, Guru, Zip, Muggleton and Peter Wynn and anyone else that won Premierships 30 years ago?

Because they have a brain

pedge

Juniors

Regardless of whether he did that or not, the whole 'calling club legends' bullshit was just a massive media ploy to make him look like a 'good guy'
Fkn turd

Status
Not open for further replies.