What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

beave

Coach
they were talking up a sell out through the week. wonder what happened
I have honestly no idea what the real capacity is, and what the real record is because theres no effing way we got 22k to that venue.
so now that we aren't just picking the figures out of a hat....

I went to Sharkies Titans a few weeks ago. I think the crowd was roughly 11-12k from memory. I looked up the records for Shark park and the 22k you speak of, I looked around and thought 'f**k knows how you could fit another 10k in here'.

I think that record may have been a little inflated, I'm not stadium expert by any means, but IMO i reckon if you packed the joint out safely, I reckon 18k would be its limit.

carcharias

Immortal
I went to Sharkies Titans a few weeks ago. I think the crowd was roughly 11-12k from memory. I looked up the records for Shark park and the 22k you speak of, I looked around and thought 'f**k knows how you could fit another 10k in here'.

I think that record may have been a little inflated, I'm not stadium expert by any means, but IMO i reckon if you packed the joint out safely, I reckon 18k would be its limit.

I would've been at any ground record at shark park.
Those sell out crowds just squash in more on the hills etc.

one against the dogs in the 90's (if heads were really counted) would be the record IMO.
You couldn't move.
If it hailed people would've been trampled to death.
There was still plenty of room yesterday.

Simo

First Grade

I was at the ground record and it was definitely far more than yesterday (as in number not fudged). The old South end was another hill and you can pack far more onto a hill than in the new seating, we were squashed like sardines and could barely see a thing so it wasnt comfy but was definitely a monster crowd for the game.

If I recall it was 99 when sharks and dragons both going well so many dragons fans packed in to help.

Not sure what current capacity would be but everyone has to stand on the hill (on the north side) when the crowd gets up toward 18-20, not much room for blankets and sitting.

Ever since Ticketek took over the Sharks ticketing a couple of years ago the announced crowds are "correct". For years the announced figures were hyper inflated. The ground capacity is 18,000.

Burns

First Grade
Expected crowd tonight is in the high 20,000. Sell out unlikely unless strong walk up.

pHyR3

Juniors
Ever since Ticketek took over the Sharks ticketing a couple of years ago the announced crowds are "correct". For years the announced figures were hyper inflated. The ground capacity is 18,000.

yup same as campbo and leichardt

tigers old CEO heavily implied that in a fans meeting a couple years ago. grant mayer

beave

Coach
Correction, 2 weeks time.

Apologies but I don't have an edit button on my account anymore for some reason.

Saint69

Juniors
Expected crowd tonight is in the high 20,000. Sell out unlikely unless strong walk up.

That was 32K
Won't get that ....

Although it was a Sunday arvo.
Might have cracked 30K if this test was played on Sunday instead of tonight.

I was there and it set the new ground record,over 33,000, looking at tonight's game there's a few spare seats but should be close to 30k just depends on how many vacant seats in the upper Andrew Johns stand.