What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The punishment has to fit the crime so it sort of does matter how much we cheated.

No body knows the full extent of the crimes because the NRL won't tell anyone.
And according to the news ltd press it's the worst salary cap cheating in the history of salary cap cheating.

Stagger eel

Staff member
But as eels fan indicates, they may still decide to end our season in June affectively putting a line straight through our 12/15 target?

I would like to see the full findings of the NRL and if they don't want to show them then the club should go through the courts and make them disclose them.

I really can see a very messy court case here and it could even delay the start of the finals.
But if the NRL findings aren't correct and Schubert's looked at ours and say there is a major discrepancy then the NRL would be very stupid if they didn't talk to the club and reduce the points deduction to 4 and have Watmough retire frees the cap for the reminder of the year and we play for points.
If they are wrong and it gets to court the NRL will look very very foolish.
We should cop the 4pts as it was suspended from the governance reviews, maybe a small fine and a couple of staff depart. Do it behind closed doors then tell the public that the prelimary findings were just that and the club has proved evidence to show some of the TPA's were legal and we have reduced the fine and points penalty.

Kornstar

Coach
I honestly don't care anymore, I just want to cheer the team on and will enjoy any win and be pissed at any loss as per usual.

I don't care if we're playing for points or not. I am used to losing and having terrible seasons without finals footy so what's another one?

Delboy

First Grade
What is it about our quiet little club that has people frothing at the mouth and demanding all sorts of absurd penalties? We've not won anything for ages and we only cheated a little bit, and not very well either.

There's the clown and fatman at one club, a shock jock and another tv show headed by a disgruntled ex player , there's the connection to the current NRL CEO from a rival club, need we go on

The whole thing is taking on a profile of a lynch mob, an emperor with no clothes, willing to do anything to prove a point ,with an insatiable appetite of pure hatred

The biased coverage has set the scene for even people who sign 2 contracts to comment on our position, no one called into line by the head of the game, very very strange

They can't take the points away 'all for taking the matter to court'. That is my point. They can decide on a penalty based on the extent of our cap breaches.

Which they've already done. It's safe to assume that we won't be slugged any more than the 12 points, assuming we are under the cap by the next game?

There's the clown and fatman at one club, a shock jock and another tv show headed by a disgruntled ex player , there's the connection to the current NRL CEO from a rival club, need we go on

The whole thing is taking on a profile of a lynch mob, an emperor with no clothes, willing to do anything to prove a point ,with an insatiable appetite of pure hatred

The biased coverage has set the scene for even people who sign 2 contracts to comment on our position, no one called into line by the head of the game, very very strange

I was being a little facetious. But yeah, it's bizarre the way some are carrying on.

murraymob

Coach
It will not happen can't see any more points going to much at stake. Tv. Ratings. Crowds. .To many with a lot to gain

Noise

Coach
They can't take the points away 'all for taking the matter to court'. That is my point. They can decide on a penalty based on the extent of our cap breaches.

For sure. But I was responding to him asking the question can they still take our points away that we earn from now on. And it appears they certainly can.

Gronk

Staff member
But as eels fan indicates, they may still decide to end our season in June affectively putting a line straight through our 12/15 target?

That's always been the case. The media have now adopted the worst case scenario. Toddy said otherwise on Tuesday.

Yes it's always been that case that it the NRL uncover more ahit then they could hit us for more.

IFR33K

Coach
I would like to see the full findings of the NRL and if they don't want to show them then the club should go through the courts and make them disclose them.

I really can see a very messy court case here and it could even delay the start of the finals.
But if the NRL findings aren't correct and Schubert's looked at ours and say there is a major discrepancy then the NRL would be very stupid if they didn't talk to the club and reduce the points deduction to 4 and have Watmough retire frees the cap for the reminder of the year and we play for points.
If they are wrong and it gets to court the NRL will look very very foolish.
We should cop the 4pts as it was suspended from the governance reviews, maybe a small fine and a couple of staff depart. Do it behind closed doors then tell the public that the prelimary findings were just that and the club has proved evidence to show some of the TPA's were legal and we have reduced the fine and points penalty.

This.

And why is everyone saying we are the third biggest cheats? There's still a long way to go in this matter. Nothing is set in stone yet. Smmfingh

akers

Juniors
Yep... Can see us winning the next 3 going into the bye, sitting pretty on 20 points, hashtags of #9from12 and the NRL will turn around and say, well actually, we're gonna take all 20 (yep, we're taking your bye points as well, just because we can.)

If this is the case that even gives me more reason to believe the NRL expected us to roll over and except the entire breach notice.

I guess it's technically possible, but very very unlikely.

The thing that's bugging me about this is that they seem to be saying that the scale of the breach is irrelevant. And that even if we were only over the cap by a few dollars, we still couldn't earn points. Is there any recourse for us in that case, aside from the court of public opinion?

Noise

Coach
This.

And why is everyone saying we are the third biggest cheats? There's still a long way to go in this matter. Nothing is set in stone yet. Smmfingh

We would have to get the penalty back down to 4 to change that (even then we would be equal 3rd). I don't think that is likely.

mull

Juniors
The biggest cheats ever, with sides that couldnt win more then 6 games in a season. Very hard to beleive

Gronk

Staff member
Joel Caine ‏@JoelCaine 3h3 hours ago
26 pts WILL qualify you for this years @NRL finals.

Ie. @TheParraEels need 11 from 16

If they can't do that, wouldn't be contenders anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.