What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
How about them miscalculating the breach? That's a good start.

Only if they can show that the miscalculations put us completely under the cap at round 1.

Even then, I doubt it would reduce to zero, I think the NRL will want to take some points no matter what, unless we can completely debunk everything.

Chipmunk

Coach
Not really, it was just what was recommended not the final decision. They could just say,

"the eels have responded to the allegations and information they have provided shows only xx amount of TPA's were not compliant.......based on this information eels are only xx amount over the cap. The new information supports reducing the points penalty to ....... ."

I do. He kept saying that we cannot play for points until we are salary compliant. That was the crux for his reasoning. If Choc's retirement places us under combined with Schubert's findings what is he going to base it on? Pressure from Paul Kent and Ray Hadley? Greenberg has bitten off more than he can chew and relied upon amateurs to present his findings. I'd be going for the jugular if I was representing the Eels.

You don't believe that any backdown of the points penalty would be seen as grossly embarrassing to the NRL? You don't think that would lead to massive consequences for the three mentioned previously at NRL HQ??

Oscarman

Juniors
Only if they can show that the miscalculations put us completely under the cap at round 1.

Even then, I doubt it would reduce to zero, I think the NRL will want to take some points no matter what, unless we can completely debunk everything.
If Choc's insurance was lodged in February this should cover it, especially as the club believes (before TPAs were added to the cap) that we were $200k under the cap at the time. If TPAs weren't added we would be somewhere near $750k under the cap once Choc's contract is removed.

If this is the case then no more than 4 points could possibly be deducted.

EelDredd

Juniors
Danny Weidler ‏@Danny_Weidler 6m6 minutes ago
Eels salary cap consultant Ian Schubert says @TheParraEels will be cap compliant and playing for points this week @9NewsSyd

You don't believe that any backdown of the points penalty would be seen as grossly embarrassing to the NRL? You don't think that would lead to massive consequences for the three mentioned previously at NRL HQ??

it also opens a can of worms for any future salary cap disputes in court

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

If it was the final decision yes, but it's not.

I don't think it would be embarrassing. It's more the media they would need to manage but if there was a reduction. They will be like cannibals

emjaycee

Coach
Just to be clear, it is not Choc's insurance that needs approval - it is his retirement and effective date.
If insurance doesn't pay, then the club can and it won't be in the cap.

Approval of retirement by NRL and approval of insurance payout are 2 different things.

Chipmunk

Coach
If it was the final decision yes, but it's not.

I don't think it would be embarrassing. It's more the media they would need to manage but if there was a reduction. They will be like cannibals

That's what I mean, the media would be baying for blood.

eel01s

Bench
Danny Weidler ‏@Danny_Weidler 6m6 minutes ago
Eels salary cap consultant Ian Schubert says @TheParraEels will be cap compliant and playing for points this week @9NewsSyd

Hopefully it is officially announced today. We need some good news.

Avenger

Immortal
That's why I don't think it will happen. The NRL will want to save face at all costs...

The NRL can't have it both ways. They can't keep telling everyone that we are over by $570k and have it as the base of their argument but later keep the same penalty if we are compliant. Either way they will be criticized. May aswell appear fair seeing that offered to help us and all that shit.

Delboy

First Grade
The cynic in me thinks the $100k Kate McClymont mentions in her articles may have been needed to get a boat towed to and housed in Sydney :):)

Geez Jake has been quiet since the NRL started backing down. He hates good news for our club, the f**king germ.

So sorry champ, was away for the weekend and now catching up on what has been written. I'll start off by saying You are a f**king grub. Who the hell are you to say that I hate good news for the club? Just because I was right about your plumbing mate and you hate it .... It must be killing you that I was right
This board has been a disaster but you and your mates blame the media, you can call it smear, cover up blah blah blah and you can call it whatever the f**k you like to make you feel good about yourself champ. You can point the finger at other clubs.

But all your excuses doesn't change the fact that we will be penalised and when we do get penalised whatever points that maybe whether it's 4 ,12 or 20 the 5 people responsible have to stand down for the good of the club.

Not that I have to justify myself to you, you genius, but I would love to get a lighter penalty. I would love for the NRL to be dead wrong and we get off.

ash411

Bench
So sorry champ, was away for the weekend and now catching up on what has been written. I'll start off by saying You are a f**king grub. Who the hell are you to say that I hate good news for the club? Just because I was right about your plumbing mate and you hate it .... It must be killing you that I was right
This board has been a disaster but you and your mates blame the media, you can call it smear, cover up blah blah blah and you can call it whatever the f**k you like to make you feel good about yourself champ. You can point the finger at other clubs.

But all your excuses doesn't change the fact that we will be penalised and when we do get penalised whatever points that maybe whether it's 4 ,12 or 20 the 5 people responsible have to stand down for the good of the club.

Not that I have to justify myself to you, you genius, but I would love to get a lighter penalty. I would love for the NRL to be dead wrong and we get off.

So Jake, for arguments sake (ha rhyme), let's say we take the NRL to court and the board are completely, 100% cleared of any wrong doing. Would you admit you were wrong about them? I bet you wouldn't.

But at the moment, with no clear proof of full guilt yet, you are quite happy to lynch them, and are almost demanding anyone to stood by them to admit they were wrong..

#Landscaper #hashtagsarestupid

Status
Not open for further replies.