What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

LESStar58

Referee
Saw the old thread was closed.

I haven't started the new season yet. How many episodes in to it are we and is it a 10 or 12 episode season?

saint.nick

Coach
Saw the old thread was closed.

I haven't started the new season yet. How many episodes in to it are we and is it a 10 or 12 episode season?

It's going to be a spoiler thread, so you should probably stay away until you've caught up

Parra Pride

Coach
Hey, Rickon is still a thing! Hope to see Ramsay get up to some sick shit involving the most irrelevant of the Starks.

LESStar58

Referee
It's going to be a spoiler thread, so you should probably stay away until you've caught up

Yeah I know. Was hoping my question would be answered within one post which had happened. Just trying to decide if i wait until its all over and binge watch of watch week by week.

Thanks though. ;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Still not sure why the Umbers would help the Boltons, otherwise a great episode.

Sir Athur Dayne what a badass.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Still not sure why the Umbers would help the Boltons, otherwise a great episode.

Sir Athur Dayne what a badass.

Is it possible the umbers are planning to betray the boltons (although risking Rickon and sacrificing shaggydog makes it seem far fetched). We don't know how the Greatjon died (red wedding?) And he didn't swear any oaths or kneel to Ramsay (a big thing for northerners, karstarks and boltons aside)

Game_Breaker

Coach
Lucky they didn't get Sean Bean to play a younger CGI version of Ned Stark, he probably would've found a way to die.
But cutting that tower of joy scene short is the definition of cruelty, you knew they would do it but still.
and Arthur Dayne what a badass, definitely lived up to the reputation.

and where does Jon go to now? In the trailer we see a blurred shot of him in battle, so he must come back to fight Ramsay

DiegoNT

First Grade
Lucky they didn't get Sean Bean to play a younger CGI version of Ned Stark, he probably would've found a way to die.
But cutting that tower of joy scene short is the definition of cruelty, you knew they would do it but still.
and Arthur Dayne what a badass, definitely lived up to the reputation.

and where does Jon go to now? In the trailer we see a blurred shot of him in battle, so he must come back to fight Ramsay

Leader of the wildlings?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is it possible the umbers are planning to betray the boltons (although risking Rickon and sacrificing shaggydog makes it seem far fetched). We don't know how the Greatjon died (red wedding?) And he didn't swear any oaths or kneel to Ramsay (a big thing for northerners, karstarks and boltons aside)
Was thinking that they may betray the Boltons but I'm not sure that's their style.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Was thinking that they may betray the Boltons but I'm not sure that's their style.

It wouldn't be.. hence getting around kneeling and saying the oath. There are small similarities to The Manderleys in the book

saint.nick

Coach
I still think we will see the Manderlys.

TOJ was awesome, they really made Arthur Dayne live up to the hype. I can understand some fan disappointments at how they slightly deviated from the book - the absence of his legendary Dayne sword Dawn and how Dayne was instead a dual-wielder; the absence of a 7th guy in Ned's clan; and the absence of the 3rd Kingsguard Oswell Whent. The latter two are pretty minor deviations. But as for the first one, my explanation is simply that the showrunners really wanted to emphasise how legendary Dayne was, and they believed that making him a dual-wielder instead of single-wielder would do better justice for him. I really wanted to see Dawn, but at the end of the day it's just a fancy looking sword.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

Yeah I think the Umbers are up to something. I don't think the Wolf's head looked big enough to be a Dire Wolf either......Grey Wind's was massive.

Smalljon was great, loved the interaction with Ramsay.....and the little dig at Karstark.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Think the episode was a step down from the first 2 of the season, but i also think they were doing a lot of of setting up as well. I think we saw the first seeds sown for Clegane Bowl for example. Tyrion is starting to get annoying though, he is wasted in meeren waiting for dany to return and the scene with him at the table with melisande and grey worm was on of the worst in the series

Danish

Referee
Anyone else kinda getting sick of how fractured this show is now? It gots for an hour and at best you get 5-8 mins dedicated to progressing any one storyline.

Jon Snow, Jaime & Cersei, Tyrion, Sansa, Bran, Ramsey, Daenerys, Arya, the Greyjoys, the Martells, and the Tyrells all with their own storylines this season thus far, with barely any intersecting between them save for minor characters switching between on occasion.

It's getting bloody tedious to try and give a shit what is happening with all these people, especially when a major character hasn't died in so long. If they could wipe out half these idiots this season and get back to the storylines focusing around their locations instead of their characters the show would improve a lot

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah the Essos and Kings Landing stuff is pretty dull at the moment. All the sh*t going down in the North is what they need more of.

Latest posts