What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

whall15

Coach
If it was the plan all along for Peats to go next year I don't mind, if not then I'm not a fan of sacrificing future seasons for a seemingly quixotic finals tilt.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
room for thought - IDG and Peats are virtually the same style of players.

We also have pritchard and king as back-ups.

If we let go of Peats - Segeyaro is off contract and hasn't re-signed with the Panthers and he also lives with Corey Norman.

Possibly we could have a shot at getting Sege for next year?

84 Baby

Referee
Yes, but situations you cite are cases of the Eels continuing to pay players who are playing at other NRL clubs. Watmough is leaving the system entirely. They're not exactly the same situation.
True but then why isn't his entire salary exempt? Yes you get advantage by having portion exempt, but essentially it requires you to have a top 26 for the year. Again NRL have zilch available on it

84 Baby

Referee
If it was the plan all along for Peats to go next year I don't mind, if not then I'm not a fan of sacrificing future seasons for a seemingly quixotic finals tilt.
Unless it's basically a loan deal for this year alone. Re-sign him for next year, send him to club whom will take him full freight for this year, he'll have better chance of playing finals, as will technically we. Win-win

Djay

Juniors
If true, going to be interest to see how the playing group react.

I get the feeling his a very likeable member of our squad.

Awful news if true.

Special K

Coach
Not trolling just curious. Why are you keeping Jennings? He doesn't seem to fill a need and could be replaced . You've got him inside Semi who is seeing less ball. Peats seems to be a good fit and locker room guy for the Eels - seems odd.

strider

Post Whore
True but then why isn't his entire salary exempt? Yes you get advantage by having portion exempt, but essentially it requires you to have a top 26 for the year. Again NRL have zilch available on it

Yeah surely if we only get half of watmoughs money off the cap then that is still a top 25 $ amount ... so we shouldnt need to slide another player in

IFR33K

Coach
f**k not peats. He's an unsung hero of our defence. Gotta feel for the kid if true. Bald and stupid move IMO if true.

Sphagnum

Coach
If he leaves. He'll probably go to Brisbane. McCullough is injured and they'd have heaps of room under their cap ��

yy_cheng

Coach
Not trolling just curious. Why are you keeping Jennings? He doesn't seem to fill a need and could be replaced . You've got him inside Semi who is seeing less ball. Peats seems to be a good fit and locker room guy for the Eels - seems odd.

I've always said that Jennings is going to cause us future Cap headaches.

But he is here for 4 years, because he didnt want a short contract.

Who will want to sign him up long term?

But I would convert Semi to a centre.

Gronk

Staff member
Nine News SydneyVerified account ‏@9NewsSyd 2m2 minutes ago
#BREAKING: Nathan Peats told by @TheParraEels to find a new club, offered to @GCTitans.

84 Baby

Referee
Who else would play centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts