What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

akers

Juniors
So is it fair to say we are guilty as sin regarding the original breaches!! If we reply to these breaches and find faults in the original findings,we have let go of a very very good hooker for what the off chance of playing finals!! If we only won one of our next 3 or 4 games then that chance is gone !! How will we all feel then once the final verdict is released??

Backrow.

KE, Scott, Mau, Moeroea, Gower

We could lose Mau probably

Somebody has to be willing and able to take them. You can't just release them (well, you can, but you have to pay them out, and that goes on the cap).

The player to go is determined by a) salary, b) other clubs willingness to pick up all or the vast majority of that salary at this point in the season and c) the player's willingness to go.

Kornstar

Coach
OK, so do you know if the club was going to re-sign anyway?
If the club wasn't going to re-sign him then it's the right move IMO.

I meant in general I'd rather play for no points. Just my opinion. Start fresh next year and move forward as a club from there.

yy_cheng

Coach
Somebody has to be willing and able to take them. You can't just release them (well, you can, but you have to pay them out, and that goes on the cap).

The player to go is determined by a) salary, b) other clubs willingness to pick up all or the vast majority of that salary at this point in the season and c) the player's willingness to go.

I understand that. i was replying to the post that said hooker was very well in supply

I also added backrow.

Hench the NRL saying they would help us get cap complaint, they'll take our hooker off our hands and take him to one of their clubs, e.g. Titans.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Anyone who thinks we can make the semis by winning 12/15 is a stupid stupid gullible fool. The nrl have baited us with a sniff of finals football, but it is overwhelmingly against us.

If the club can become cap compliant with only shedding Watmough, then fine. But if they need to shed player/s, then they are incredibly stupid to do so. They need to tell the nrl to go f**k themselves and play for no points. This will hurt the nrl more.

And to all the dimwits who want the club to become cap compliant at any cost should just shut the f**k up and stop putting pressure on the club as this is precisely what the nrl have hoped to achieve.

Parramatta is in negotiations to release hooker Nathan Peats as the club strives to be under the salary cap by Friday night's match against South Sydney.

The move follows advice that the medical retirement of Anthony Watmough will not be enough to bring the club under the cap, which it had exceeded by more than $570,000 this year.

It is understood the NRL will not backdate Watmough's retirement to the beginning of the season, which means it does not reduce the Eels' salaries by enough to bring the team under the cap.

Peats' manager Sam Ayoub has confirmed he received a call from the Eels regarding his client's future at the club.

The Gold Coast Titans are believed to be interested in signing Peats.

Ayoub said he would meet with his client later on Wednesday but for now said Peats remained a contracted Parramatta player.

The Eels have considerable depth at hooker with veteran Issac De Gois, Kaysa Pritchard and Cody Nelson available to step in at number nine.

De Gois and Pritchard could also be moved on to get the club under the cap, but both players' managers say they are yet to be contacted by the Eels.

Parramatta has already off-loaded Ryan Morgan who was picked up by the Melbourne Storm last week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-10/peats-in-line-to-be-shown-the-door-by-parramatta/7400882

Anyone who thinks we can make the semis by winning 12/15 is a stupid stupid gullible fool. The nrl have baited us with a sniff of finals football, but it is overwhelmingly against us.

If the club can become cap compliant with only shedding Watmough, then fine. But if they need to shed player/s, then they are incredibly stupid to do so. They need to tell the nrl to go f**k themselves and play for no points. This will hurt the nrl more.

And to all the dimwits who want the club to become cap compliant at any cost should just shut the f**k up and stop putting pressure on the club as this is precisely what the nrl have hoped to achieve.

Back to your usual considered, sensible self I see? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.