What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
So the NRL screwed us by not backdating the contract to when the injury actually occurred. Who thinks they may have done so if the GO5 had stood down immediately?

NRL don't want us to play in the semis. They are throwing obstacles in our way.

84 Baby

Referee
The thing with segs is he has been out of form and had a few injuries.His $$ would be at a low.His upside is huge.
Peats is a tough hooker but lacks any dynamic type of attacking skills or a long or short kicking game. Compared to seeing MK for 5 yrs we fell in love with Peats. Tough yes. Elite no.
Agreed, can you ask Gus to arrange it?
Plus the upside is whoever we replace (who knows he may come back next year) Peats with, we still have Kaysa as insurance

hindy111

Post Whore
A guy like wallace also not in the panthers plans could be a handy pick up for insurance. Can play hooker and in the halves if needed.I doubt he cost the world . Could be an option.

hindy111

Post Whore
Peats and Norman are asking over market value.
Norman warrants this- Peats does not. He has missed 22 games out of a possible 57.

Nathaniel Roache from the warriors is a talented young hooker and with Luke there he is worth a deal.Going to be a good player.

hybrideel

Bench
We wouldn't have such a strong squad if they weren't illegally assembled.

That's crap. It's not like we have 8 players that just played in the Aus v NZ game, as well as Hunt, Milford, Glenn and Roberts sitting at home. If we had a smart board who could tap into the legit TPA's that would be available in a business hub as large as Parramatta, we could easily have the side under the cap

forward pass

Coach
I think Peats is definitely the best option. Whoever we lost was going to be tough to take but at least this is a position we have covered. IDG has NEVER let us down and we have Kaysa as well so this is a good move. Sad - but correct.

84 Baby

Referee
This is absolute bullshit. Especially when the paperwork was filed back in February. It's not like we have just made this stuff up.
We don't know guidelines/precedents of injury retirements, but I hope it was Schubert's first question and I hope it's brought up again in our budget reply.
It'd be death knell for someone at NRL if we lost Peats and then NRL turn around and "our bad, you weren't over the cap that much"

IFR33K

Coach
This is absolute bullshit. Especially when the paperwork was filed back in February. It's not like we have just made this stuff up.

Only reason they didn't totally end our season is for ratings and gate takings.

And by shedding players, we are simply rolling over as the NRL wants.

I take it we are admitting guilt by shedding players? I was hopeful we were going to fight some or most of the 'dodgy tpas'. Guess that's out the window. Smmfingh

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's crap. It's not like we have 8 players that just played in the Aus v NZ game, as well as Hunt, Milford, Glenn and Roberts sitting at home. If we had a smart board who could tap into the legit TPA's that would be available in a business hub as large as Parramatta, we could easily have the side under the cap

Well we can't - we are run by a gambling/drinking club. If we could get legit TPAs we would. Even our sponsorships are gash. Nobody ever heard of Dyldam before they sponsored us. We haven't had an internationally recognised sponsor since Asics.

Chipmunk

Coach
We don't know guidelines/precedents of injury retirements, but I hope it was Schubert's first question and I hope it's brought up again in our budget reply.
It'd be death knell for someone at NRL if we lost Peats and then NRL turn around and "our bad, you weren't over the cap that much"

If this was the case there would also be no reason that we couldn't re-sign Peats back before 30 June (if he wanted to return that is).

Gronk

Staff member
Losing Peats is forgivable, losing Norman is not.

Hold on. Peatsy has a lion heart, but he's hardly Cameron Smith.

His short kicking game is ok but not great and he doesn't have a money ball in his kit at all.

Gronk

Staff member
FMD twitter merkins are losing their shit over Peats.

giphy.gif

hybrideel

Bench
Well we can't - we are run by a gambling/drinking club. If we could get legit TPAs we would. Even our sponsorships are gash. Nobody ever heard of Dyldam before they sponsored us. We haven't had an internationally recognised sponsor since Asics.

Maybe the fact that our boards over the last several years haven't had the ability to lure in the big names has had something to do with that. And being run by the leagues club would have bugger all to do with it as the sponsors would be associated with the players/team, not the leagues club. They also have a separate board.

Status
Not open for further replies.