What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel01s

Bench
So if we were $200K under this year before they decided to chuck the last couple of years TPA's in, let's assume that $200K of those TPA's were from this year which puts us on the cap. We are losing Morgan, Watmough and Peats with a combined wage of around $1.5M/year. So our team for the rest of the year is technically running at 78% of the cap. Add in the reported $1.2M that Foran is on and at a guess $150K for Mannah when you take out long service discount and this Friday we are playing with 42% of our cap unavailable

When you combine that with the 12 point penalty, we have really been hit hard. I can understand losing points or being forced to shed players but to have to do both when you were under the cap at the start of the year is ridiculous.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
it's a very sad day for the club when a young bloke who loves playing for us, representing us and even moved his young family in the area recently is forced out thanks to this whole mess..

thanks sharpy.
Its a disgrace really, but the usual suspects are trying to put a positive spin on it.

#powerplumberrangers4lyf

Oscarman

Juniors
Yes we are admitting guilt by shedding players.
I'm not sure about this. The breach notice and whether the NRL have overstated any amount we may be over the cap won't be sorted for weeks/months. As it stands they are saying we are $570k over and won't revisit this until at least 3 June or when the club responds to the breach notice.

So to play for points on Friday we have to move at least $570k of our currently assessed cap, regardless of whether it is our true cap position. It will suck if it transpires that we were/are under the cap as the club believes and have let players go for no reason, but if we want to accrue points form this week as well as maybe keep some of the ones we already have then I guess it's all part of what needs to happen.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we're getting Morgs back, we may as well just f**k Jennings and Semi off, because they wont be seeing any ball with such a strike weapon on the other side of the field.
We are so blessed to have all this talent just because we cheated, it was pure genius!!

Thanks to Sharp and his forward thinking board.

Oscarman

Juniors
When you combine that with the 12 point penalty, we have really been hit hard. I can understand losing points or being forced to shed players but to have to do both when you were under the cap at the start of the year is ridiculous.
It's f**ked and plenty of people have a lot to answer for - not all of who are at our club.

Djay

Juniors
We all said the same about losing Junior, as long as we keep Normie and Peats. Now it's OK to lose Peats as long as we don't lose Normie.

Next Pou will be telling us all its ok to lose Norman as long as we don't lose Kelly......

Don't get it confused please.

I'll be devastated if he does indeed leave, I think his an absolute gun, love his attitude, love his line speed in defense and I think his just a hard nosed no nonsense footballer. But as it's been stated we have plenty of cover there.

We lose Norman and we're stuck with Luke f**king Kelly, that's the difference.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wonder how much pressure from other clubs has prevented the Watmough retirement / back dating from putting us under the cap ?

Seriously we are only $570k (which is the full year amount not 6 months ) over the cap and we are losing a fringe back ( $100k) and a top 13 rep quality forward ( $500-600k). Surely that should be enough !!

The NRL are playing hard ball now to appease the media / other clubs.

Keep the squad together , play for no points and bring on 2017.

eels_fan

First Grade
You'd also be happy for us to miss the 8 again as well I'd imagine.......

What a stupid comment.

Peats has missed 50% of every season he's played for us with injury. Would we be saying our season is over this year if he'd done his ACL? Or is only because he may be leaving to join another club. Kaysa is by far the most talented hooker in our system, he just needs to find consistency without injuries

akers

Juniors
The bigger question is how the media know peats is being released before an official club statement??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don't get it confused please.

I'll be devastated if he does indeed leave, I think his an absolute gun, love his attitude, love his line speed in defense and I think his just a hard nosed no nonsense footballer. But as it's been stated we have plenty of cover there.

We lose Norman and we're stuck with Luke f**king Kelly, that's the difference.
It wasn't meant to have a crack at you mate, it was for the forum expert who puts a positive spin on every thing this club and board does no matter how, stupid. Incompetent or just plain f**ked like this.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
If we don't get below the $570K by the Souths game and after the June 3 deadline it is agreed that the breach is less then the $570K and Watmough's retirement is enough to put us under the breach amount. Is it possible to claim points back from the Souths game?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a stupid comment.

Peats has missed 50% of every season he's played for us with injury. Would we be saying our season is over this year if he'd done his ACL? Or is only because he may be leaving to join another club. Kaysa is by far the most talented hooker in our system, he just needs to find consistency without injuries
50% of games through injury?? How many have King and Kaysa missed through injury in that time??

Also tell me when they have ever excelled in first grade like Peats has?? He's an Origin candidate for a reason.

I swear it some of you people won't be happy until we have a squad made up of solid back up depth......

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
It wasn't meant to have a crack at you mate, it was for the forum expert who puts a positive spin on every thing this club and board does no matter how, stupid. Incompetent or just plain f**ked like this.

Ahhh my bad mate, all this shit is starting to really get to me.

More bullshit day in day out, never ends.

ParraSteve

Juniors
I'd be seeking assurances by the NRL that we wont be deducted more than the 12 points that we already have been.

Imagine losing Peats and they still take another 6 points off us

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ahhh my bad mate, all this shit is starting to really get to me.

More bullshit day in day out, never ends.
No problem mate, it just shits me how people can try and put a positive spin on this. Which the usual suspects are. Where we are at is simply unacceptable and should never have happened and the only ones who seem to be paying for it fully are the players and the fans.

It's pretty disappointing to lose a bloke with an attitude like his, who loves the club and tries his ring out each week. After the last 6 seasons of shit us fans have gone through it simply shouldn't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts