What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not sure about this. The breach notice and whether the NRL have overstated any amount we may be over the cap won't be sorted for weeks/months. As it stands they are saying we are $570k over and won't revisit this until at least 3 June or when the club responds to the breach notice.

So to play for points on Friday we have to move at least $570k of our currently assessed cap, regardless of whether it is our true cap position. It will suck if it transpires that we were/are under the cap as the club believes and have let players go for no reason, but if we want to accrue points form this week as well as maybe keep some of the ones we already have then I guess it's all part of what needs to happen.

Suppose we don't get cap compliant by Friday and win anyway, then later in the season it is determined we were compliant just by releasing Morgan and Watmough?

akers

Juniors
Suppose we don't get cap compliant by Friday and win anyway, then later in the season it is determined we were compliant just by releasing Morgan and Watmough?

Firstly I'm not defending the board.Had the NRL approached parramatta in a private meeting with the breach notice and advised them you have 28 days to reply,if then we didn't have the answers to the breach we should have played the season for no points,but no the NRL wanted to glorify themselves instead of showing authority..As fans we are all questioning every aspect of the breach as we have just been told we are $570k over.

Oscarman

Juniors
Yep, it's f**ked. Not sure either how a 2014 TPA goes in the 2016 cap. Obviously suits the NRL's end game to chuck it all in this years instead of the year it applies to.

Oscarman

Juniors
Firstly I'm not defending the board.Had the NRL approached parramatta in a private meeting with the breach notice and advised them you have 28 days to reply,if then we didn't have the answers to the breach we should have played the season for no points,but no the NRL wanted to glorify themselves instead of showing authority..As fans we are all questioning every aspect of the breach as we have just been told we are $570k over.
Just wait until Kate McClymont comes out with the story on the other clubs and their cap issues and see how Greenberg deals with it. No doubt it will be 'nothing to see here, move along', especially if some of the NRL's own or favourite teams are involved.

hindy111

Post Whore
So many smart people on here. Yet none can see the truth.
12/15 games is possible. The NRL have pleased the media and given parra fans hope.

How long till Parra lose 4 games and end the season? I would say atleast 10 -11 games time.
They squeezed 9 games already before they dropped the bomb. And should get another 10-11 so 20 out of 24 games will create interest.
Not bad considering they could of wiped our whole season out in rnd 3 :p

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm assuming that if we become cap compliant to the acceptance of the NRL before this Friday, it will mean that we weren't cap compliant before that, unless it can be proven otherwise at a later date, so therefore, the loss of all points earned to this stage would be justified.
I'm not sure that any of us can argue any differently.

This is not to say that the way this debacle has been handled, both by the NRL and in the media, has been acceptable.

If somehow, we can prove our innocence or at the very least, prove that the NRL has got anything wrong, we should go hammer and tong to regain some semblance of justice.

Otherwise, until such time, I'm just going to wait until this has played out in full before making any further judgements.

Suity

hindy111

Post Whore
Just wait until Kate McClymont comes out with the story on the other clubs and their cap issues and see how Greenberg deals with it. No doubt it will be 'nothing to see here, move along', especially if some of the NRL's own or favourite teams are involved.

Stop blaming the NRL. They are not against one of their biggest assests :sarcasm:
They just did what they had to do to make it look like their product is fair to everyone.

Blame our board and whoever leaked shit to the media - Not the NRL.

yy_cheng

Coach
Part of Peats' value (and therefore price) is that he is effective over 80 minutes. So playing him in a system that uses two hookers in the 17 makes part of his value redundant. It's like signing a second recognised goal kicker.

You obviously need redundancy but you don't want to pay too much for it.

I dont think he's an effective 80 min. In alot of games, we need idg to come on to pick up thr pace. Peats should be rested during this period because he's useless at hitting the ball up

ParraSteve

Juniors

Funny how the NRL owned titans are the front runners to sign Peats

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So it's been a week since the decision was handed down, apart the BA press conference and a few minor press releases, no one from the club has spoken to media about what is being done.

Surely it's time someone from the club does some media and indicate how they intent to approach matter.

Someone needs to show some leadership !

^b0ss^

Juniors
I understand the logic behind it ... but i think this is a nail in the coffin of our season

Come on mate remember last season when we would be one of only a few thinking we could win games,We had a shocking season but we stayed positive,we can do this.

Go parra.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
:(

A sad day for all eels fans if true.

Not as sad as last Tuesday when we knew this day would probably come and not as sad as the day the Board and Exec had a meeting and decided to discuss TPA's even though the meeting was being recorded.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Given their accuracy with information in relation to Parramatta, i'd not be trusting that station.

Just relaying it.

:(

A sad day for all eels fans if true.

I agree mate, but someone had to go. Apparently.

Suity

Not as sad as last Tuesday when we knew this day would probably come and not as sad as the day the Board and Exec had a meeting and decided to discuss TPA's even though the meeting was being recorded.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.