What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't get it confused please.

I'll be devastated if he does indeed leave, I think his an absolute gun, love his attitude, love his line speed in defense and I think his just a hard nosed no nonsense footballer. But as it's been stated we have plenty of cover there.

We lose Norman and we're stuck with Luke f**king Kelly, that's the difference.

If we don't re-sign Norman we will sign someone cheaper.

IFR33K

Coach
Not as sad as last Tuesday when we knew this day would probably come and not as sad as the day the Board and Exec had a meeting and decided to discuss TPA's even though the meeting was being recorded.

I'm sure many deep down knew our season was gone before last Tuesday. We were just hopeful of the opposite.

Peats came to us, as an unknown. Rs was even critised by his signing. He's proved to be one hell of a player. Wasn't expecting to lose him in this debacle. Still hoping it isn't true.

One tough bastard, the type you'd want besides you in a war. His tough approach to rugby league is the type BA has moulded this team. Will be a tragedy to see him go. f**k this shitttt!

Oscarman

Juniors
Stop blaming the NRL. They are not against one of their biggest assests :sarcasm:
They just did what they had to do to make it look like their product is fair to everyone.

Blame our board and whoever leaked shit to the media - Not the NRL.
I'm not blaming the NRL, I'm just saying they are inconsistent.

yy_cheng

Coach

With all this crap, would anyone come unless it was for massive overs?

Brooks would probably want $750k w/o TPA.

Green $700k, etc

I am sure Kelly will stay though.

Anyway, maybe Taka will be our long term 5/8th and we get Morgs back as well.

My pick

1. Gutha
2. French
3. Jenko
4. Semi
5. Morgan (can rotate with Semi)
6. Taka
7. Foz

however, would rather

1. Semi
2. Gutha
3. Jenko
4. Morgan
5. French
6. Taka
7. Foz

Djay

Juniors
With all this crap, would anyone come unless it was for massive overs?

Brooks would probably want $750k w/o TPA.

Green $700k, etc

I am sure Kelly will stay though.

Anyway, maybe Taka will be our long term 5/8th and we get Morgs back as well.

My pick

1. Gutha
2. French
3. Jenko
4. Semi
5. Morgan (can rotate with Semi)
6. Taka
7. Foz

however, would rather

1. Semi
2. Gutha
3. Jenko
4. Morgan
5. French
6. Taka
7. Foz

I'll stick to keeping Norman at all costs.

None of those options are appealing.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Someone needs to get the message to Peats that if he wants to stay then the fans won't be upset if he refuses to leave. Club can't force him and he shouldn't feel guilty if we are forced to play for no points.

Last Week

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong, but just from reading these threads, weren't we cap compliant in 2016, but only went over because the NRL have added the dodgy third party deals of 2013, 2014 and 2015 to the 2016 cap?

eel01s

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong, but just from reading these threads, weren't we cap compliant in 2016, but only went over because the NRL have added the dodgy third party deals of 2013, 2014 and 2015 to the 2016 cap?

Apparently that is the case. I understand they have added ALL TPAs, not just the dodgy ones.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
How do u expect the players to galvanize and stick tight when we just kicked one of their mates to the curb so to speak.

They will soon wonder if they will be made surplus to requirements cause of the incompetence from the management

OMC is right. The NRL are forcing us to get under the cap for the year, rather than from now on. It's punishing us twice. Is it fair that we couldn't earn points for at least nine rounds, even though we'll finish the year under the cap? We deserve some punishment, but the current one is excessive.

Last Week

Bench
Well, didn't the NRL also say that our dodgy TPAs totalled $3million since 2013?

If that is true, that means we cheated the cap by $1million each of those years (since we are apparently compliant in 2016).

Things aren't adding up. I seriously doubt we've breached it by a million each of those years. (and if we had, suddenly in 2016 we've dropped a million dollars from the squad? Also seems doubtful as this is our best team since 07)

I'd really love to see this breach notice.

Forty20

First Grade

In that admittedly less than ideal scenario, I think we would seriously look at promoting Troy Dargan to partner Foran. Dargan has been seriously impressive this year in the 20s and is probably the most complete halves prospect we have had internally in a long time.

Additionally, Foran has an outstanding track record in guiding inexperienced halves through the rough patches early in their careers. He brought Hodkinson and Cherry Evans into first grade and was a huge help to Shaun Johnson on the international stage.

eels_fan

First Grade
We can't go into 2017 with potentially rookies or inexperienced first graders across 3 of 4 positions in our spine.. (If Gordon isn't resigned)

Gutho/French
Dargan
Foran
Kaysa/King

May work out long term, but it won't deliver us anything in the next 2-3 seasons. I can't see Foran staying around after next season if we don't have a stable and quality spine to lead

I wouldn't worry too much about retaining Foran. Good player but we paid overs. Hopefully if he leaves early we'll discover he did plenty of rubbing off on other players.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Wow you are joking right??

What does it matter? All of you cling on to Greenburg's hollow sentiments that he wants to see us strong... no he doesn't, their system has more holes than a sieve yet they went all out on one of the leakages and opened it right up while every other hole continues to gush all over the competition. See no evil, hear no evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts