What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
The Official Eels Facebook page just posted a video of Peats press conference saying "Peats unfazed by rumours he may be leaving"

Is our media department stupid? Unless there is no truth to Peats going at all, whoever posted that should be sacked..

Happens when your management has been kicked out of their jobs... I'm guessing this won't be the last stuff up until we can sort out our administrative set up. We couldn't even put the players in the right jumpers this week.

Noise

Coach
Mate, Phantom Bart will come on tonight and tell us it's alight to just lose 4 points (that's all we were ever going to lose, according to the Word of Phantom) and everything will be sweet.

We should all just calm down.

BTW, Hayne is going to rugby and he has everyone on ignore.

And that none of this was our current boards fault

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You do realise it was BA's decision don't you?
From what I understand Peats wasn't in BA's plans for next year, so if none of the salary cap issues had arisen and BA decided not to renew Peats for 2017 would it be another dumb decision in a long line of dumb decisions?

Nah BA doesn't make any decisions, it's all the board's fault. Peats has no say in the matter if he leaves either. The board will force him to break his legally binding contract.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou you think building a salary cap team is about having 17 guys on equal value.
It is about seperating the guys who make a bigger difference to justify the money.

When Peats is out and we bring De gois in we save 250-300k from the cap. How much do you lose? I think its fair to say its not a HUGE amount.
What type of 5/8 would we get for say 450k if lets say Norman cost 750k? Whoever it is i think its fair to say it NORMAN would make a HUGE difference.
So your whole argument is flawed.

Norman never made that much difference until Foran came to the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bullshit. He started to come good mid last season.
Anyhows this was our best chance to win it.

Now we will have to rebuild again.5 yr plan. Academy etc.....

Delboy

First Grade
A thought

BA comes out with a statement that he has consulted the playing group, and they want to stay together and no one wants to leave

They will play to win every game as a commitment, and they will stand together as a group

Fans would rally round and 2 fingers to the NRL, happy days :):)

pedge

Juniors
A thought

BA comes out with a statement that he has consulted the playing group, and they want to stay together and no one wants to leave

They will play to win every game as a commitment, and they will stand together as a group

Love it!
finals are done regardless

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The premiers id say.

Thurston/Morgan

We have a cheap fullback where lot of teams have a fullback who costs well past 600k.
If peats leaves we more then likely have a cheap/good value hooker.

And how long will we have a cheap fullback and hooker? Maybe for 2017 but if they're any good they will be looking for upgrades when they come off contract. If we have Norman and Foran locked in for nearly a third of our cap it doesn't leave much space for those upgrades.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate, Phantom Bart will come on tonight and tell us it's alight to just lose 4 points (that's all we were ever going to lose, according to the Word of Phantom) and everything will be sweet.

We should all just calm down.

BTW, Hayne is going to rugby and he has everyone on ignore.
:lol:

hindy111

Post Whore
And how long will we have a cheap fullback and hooker? Maybe for 2017 but if they're any good they will be looking for upgrades when they come off contract. If we have Norman and Foran locked in for nearly a third of our cap it doesn't leave much space for those upgrades.

Forans only signed till end of 2017.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
A thought

Agree shove it up the nrl and other teams. The other teams are whinging behind close doors now about the watmough contract. How are they going to feel missing out on the finals cause a team olayed the whole season over the cap and the nrl didnt do anything about it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Btw why cant we just keep getting cheap hookers? Aslong as the service isnt awfull and they get the job done there will always be a cheap hooker looking for work.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And that none of this was our current boards fault
Yes, it's the fans and members fault. And the leagues clubs because it promotes Gambling and alcohol :crazy:

It's the reason we can't get decent sponsors and have to cheat.

eels_fan

First Grade
Yikes!

The father of Parramatta hooker Nathan Peats has launched a scathing attack on the Eels' "gang of five", declaring "It's not acceptable for them to stuff up people's lives up because they can't add up".
Peats is shaping as the man most likely to be squeezed out of the Eels to ensure they are salary cap compliant before Friday's clash with South Sydney. The Gold Coast appears his most likely destination, although the Rabbitohs - who dropped hooker Damien Cook to reserve grade - may make a late play.
Geordi Peats, himself a former first-grade dummy half with Canterbury and South Sydney, unloaded on Eels officials Steve Sharp, Tom Issa, Peter Serrao, John Boulous and Daniel Anderson for failing to fall on their sword after being issued breach notices from the NRL.
"You have five f---wits on the board who can't add up and it bites a player on the arse when it's not his fault," Peats told Fairfax Media. "They reckon they've got nothing to answer for, they are pathetic.

"It's been going for three or four years and they obviously have no calculators at the club. I don't understand how they can sleep at night. They're carrying on like they are the ones who have been victimised and they are the ones who cause all the problems. The players are the ones who get it in the end and they can't do anything about it.
"[Nathan] is shattered, he's filthy. He's not happy, he can't believe it. They go and buy Kieran Foran and built well this year but obviously they didn't have the money to do it.
"They told him yesterday they can't give him a contract for next year because they stuffed up [2017] as well. They don't know what they're doing.

"I don't see how they can keep a straight face and not admit they are wrong. It's all their fault, it's no on else's fault. Unless there isn't a calculator in the club, they can't add up.
"I don't know how they get away with it, how they justify it to themselves, they are totally to blame. He's just the pawn in the big game."
Having been placed in an invidious position through no fault of his own, Nathan Peats was still coming to terms with what the future holds when he fronted the media on Tuesday afternoon.
"It's not ideal to have your name thrown out there but I've enjoyed my time at Parramatta," he said. "Two years ago I would have been filthy, but not any more. I'm pretty cruisy at the moment."
Geordi Peats already lives on the Gold Coast, giving Nathan some family support should he shift to the Titans.
"He's got a baby who is one year old, a missus who has just gone back to work. They are [ruining] people's live and they don't [care]," Geordie Peats said.
"He thought he was at Parramatta for the rest of his career … I know that is what he is feeling. They are a very close-knit group, it won't go down well with the players."
The Eels need to shave $570,000 from their salary cap and are likely to achieve the target if Peats leaves and Anthony Watmough's career-ending insurance payout is ratified.
Asked what advice he gave his son, Geordie said: "He just played for City, he's on the verge of playing State of Origin. If they want to get rid of you, that's their problem

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ng-of-five-20160510-gorxas.html#ixzz48FAl5yTe

A thought

Send that to the club Delboy, I think that's what we should do for sure.

eels_fan

First Grade
Foz & Jennings were probably getting 1.5m in TPAs and the NRL has now chucked them on our cap...

Status
Not open for further replies.