What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Robinson Gets His Wish - Saints Are Dead

Mr Red

First Grade
The biggest question for me is, how long have we been bleeding for?

at a guess i would assume ever since the pokie tax came in, and the leagues club failed to move with the times and have other revenue streams in place...
Annual grants from the leagues club to the football club became smaller and smaller each year... and the football club who had also become lazy and overly reliant on the leagues club grant also started to suffer..

there is some evidence that points to financial problems even before the above, however i think this was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak..

Last edited:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
at a guess i would assume ever since the pokie tax came in, and the leagues club failed to move with the times and have other revenue streams in place...
Annual grants from the leagues club to the football club became smaller and smaller each year... and the football club who had also become lazy and overly reliant on the leagues club grant also started to suffer..

there is some evidence that points to financial problems even before the above, however i think this was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak..

That Leagues club is a disgrace. It like an old peoples home with $5.00 roast and veg. No offence intended, but the Leagues club has certainly not moved on with the times.
Sizzler should have been kicked out a long time ago (or relocated inside the club), with an apartment block built on the site, with restaurant's below that interconnect to the club.
The leagues club got some independent consultant a few years back and this is similar to what was recommended, yet after two of the biggest property booms in Australian history, here we still are, with good old Sizzler taking pride of place.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Took my Banner on the hill tonight. Just my opinion. Sad to see our club with all this debt and becoming a joke.

"R.I.P ST.GEORGE, MURDERED BY OUR BORAD"

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
That Leagues club is a disgrace. It like an old peoples home with $5.00 roast and veg. No offence intended, but the Leagues club has certainly not moved on with the times.
Sizzler should have been kicked out a long time ago (or relocated inside the club), with an apartment block built on the site, with restaurant's below that interconnect to the club.
The leagues club got some independent consultant a few years back and this is similar to what was recommended, yet after two of the biggest property booms in Australian history,

here we still are, with good old Sizzler taking pride of place.

I think the roast has gone up to 18.00

possm

Coach

I have a different take. In my opinion, the St George BOD has been lazy and the whole Board should be sacked and replaced by enthusiastic members who are clever and have the Club's best interest at heart.

For example, one excuse for the demise of our Club is the influx of Chinese immigrants to the district who are mainly not interested in the game of Rugby League. The obvious answer to this problem has all to do with education and marketing. Compete strongly for the sport of choice in schools in our district and offer superior scholarships to budding rugby league players.

We all know that parents always want to please and support their children and because of this will become interested the sport of choice of their child.