What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
They interviewed Greg Bird last night and he seemed filthy that Peats was coming.

He was saying that they already had a number of hookers and with Peats coming, someone will be affected.

He then said as Peats have been saying that, it is what it is and we'll have a quality player come into the team.

I still think there is a conspiracy here. I think the NRL's report is shaky and as they don't want it to go public or get challenged later on, there are all these deals going on.

You obviously watched a different interview with Greg Bird than the one I watched, where he couldn't wait to have someone of Peats caliber at the club.

strider

Post Whore
Maybe some Board members were dissenting in the meetings (recordings) and were outvoted and hence the NRL finds them not implicated?

Just my supposition but is one other option you hadn't considered above.

Perhaps the so called "board meetings" where naughty things were discussed were not actually "board meetings" - just meetings to talk dodgy shit that certain members of the board happened to be at??? .... its the media who are labelling it "board meetings"

strider

Post Whore
Greenburg said in last weeks presser that applications for registration of "other parties" would be considered on a case by case basis at the time of the application.

I heard that to include people like Seward and probably some ex-directors and club executives who are not currently working in the NRL.

yet he is reluctant to name someone who would have had to certainly be one of the key conspirators - ie Seward

no one will convince me they are not covering the guy's ass cos he's their key man

Dibs

Bench
Yeah I hope they sack more board members because then it gives my mates more chance of getting control.

Your point? I haven't even said the one's singled out should be sacked. I don't support one faction over any other. Just curious how they chose some over others

Dibs

Bench
Greenburg said in last weeks presser that applications for registration of "other parties" would be considered on a case by case basis at the time of the application.

I heard that to include people like Seward and probably some ex-directors and club executives who are not currently working in the NRL.

Well that's convenient isn't it? Sharp and his cronies have there reputation smeared publicly by being singled out (quite possibly deservedly) yet Seward will only be singled out if he tries to register again. Seems fair

strider

Post Whore
How long was Boulos CEO (or acting CEO)? was it since mid 2015? .... this has supposedly happened since 2013 ..... so Seward would have been in it 13/14 + half of 15 .... Boulos since mid last year - yet his name and picture has been splattered all over the media ...... while seward is just mentioned as the one telling on the bad boys

Gronk

Staff member
What ever became of this BTW ?

Parramatta’s legal team is set to ask the NRL this morning whether crucial pieces of evidence were left out of information forwarded to the club late last week amid suggestions the only sign of former chief executive Scott Seward among the documentation was a lone statement.

Seward was believed to be a cornerstone of the NRL investigation into the club’s salary cap breaches but it is understood Eels officials were bemused when they reviewed the documentation and discovered no interview transcript from the club’s former chief executive.

Instead, the only information provided in relation to Seward was a single statement signed on May 2 — the day before the NRL handed down sanctions against the club.
link

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that it was in the NRL's interests for the game to get back in the headlines for the right reasons ASAP.

or the NRL wanted an NRL owned franchise to perform better, but hey I'm no conspiracy theorist

be interesting to know who else Peats thought was involved http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/ac9954e5380ce1ba311924a0544712d4

i wonder if he thinks Arthur knew?

he may just be saying what everyone else is thinking

Last edited:

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Not that i am suprised but apparently that other club with supposed salary cap problem is being swept under the carpet as the nrl dont want to catch anymore clubs

Not that i am suprised but apparently that other club with supposed salary cap problem is being swept under the carpet as the nrl dont want to catch anymore clubs

So who told you this? Why would they know? Or did someone just pull something out of the arse, tell their mate, who told their mate, who told.....?

Gronk

Staff member
So who told you this? Why would they know? Or did someone just pull something out of the arse, tell their mate, who told their mate, who told.....?

The Mole ....:roll:

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole May 9
BREAKING: Moley hearing PLENTY more drama re salary cap to break soon - involving clubs whose names do not start with a 'P'
#standby

Parra

Referee
Maybe some Board members were dissenting in the meetings (recordings) and were outvoted and hence the NRL finds them not implicated?

Just my supposition but is one other option you hadn't considered above.

Board responsibilities go beyond just dissenting in any organisation.

Bow_rider

Juniors
At any team the coach hires and fires. Steve Sharpe was dumb enough to let Stuart and now Arthur dictate to him. each coach wants his own team, but these 2 guys couldn't wait until players come off contract to replace them. "Poor old BA" what a load of crap. He is the one who wanted all these players and he is the one who wanted Choc knowing his body was stuffed. He is the one that told the board to give him 750 k a year for 4 years. The 5 needed to go, but there main crime was bowing to coaches who want instant success.

Parra

Referee
Perhaps the so called "board meetings" where naughty things were discussed were not actually "board meetings" - just meetings to talk dodgy shit that certain members of the board happened to be at??? .... its the media who are labelling it "board meetings"

A meeting to talk dodgy shit that you record would be a new level of stupid. Not beyond them of course. The story that ran suggested that the recordings were made to assist in compilation of the minutes. Who would minute a dodgy meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts