What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Rabbits Game Day Thread

Noise

Coach
Give the kid a break. He broke up with his partner. It's hard. Footy players are only human.

And it's harder with kids involved

I have a relo who is also in a similer situation, and is as hard as nails !! Tough bugger, have never ever seen him emotional once and have known him since the day he was born 36 years ago.

He Just broke with his partner who he has a kid with, and he is f**ked!! An emotional wreak really struggling with the situation. All of a sudden wants those "deep and meaningful" discussions.

When do we start calling grown men adults and not kids? It's like all footy players are 'kids' so we excuse them for their poor life choices.

Dibs

Bench
Give the kid a break. He broke up with his partner. It's hard. Footy players are only human.

And it's harder with kids involved

I have a relo who is also in a similer situation, and is as hard as nails !! Tough bugger, have never ever seen him emotional once and have known him since the day he was born 36 years ago.

He Just broke with his partner who he has a kid with, and he is f**ked!! An emotional wreak really struggling with the situation. All of a sudden wants those "deep and meaningful" discussions.

Yep seen it happen to my cousin as well. He was an emotional wreck. He did keep going to work however, but I won't hold that against foran. I'm sure he would actually prefer to be playing but the club and Doctor see it differently

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Fairly unimpressed with that situation actually. To be honest I lost alot of interest in a few things and the team in general when that happened. The salary cap situation was just a distraction.

Yeah Im a bit the same , we were obviously missing that one link tonight whenever we got close to their line . We must've went into tonight's game almost 2 mil under the cap.

drago brelli

Bench
When Hoppa was sticking his fingers up opposition players arses Gould called him a kid, he was 27 years old at the time. I think Gould really meant Hoppa's mental age.

Noise

Coach
Just looked a the game stats, we had 56% of the ball and competed at 86%, how did we lose that one?

Tonight was a culmination of everything wrong with our club in the last 20 years.

Board room stuff ups (resulting in loss of points, Peats and generally distracted players)
Losing from a winning position (no club does it more regularly than us)
Lack of on field leadership (since the Canterbury 4)

Are you serious? Are you saying hitting the pills hard was the only thing to do?

I'm sure he's not mate. I think the point is that sometimes bad shit happens, and we don't always react so well.

It's annoying (or worse) from a fan's perspective, but at the end of the day, in due season etc, there are bigger issues at stake here.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Are you serious? Are you saying hitting the pills hard was the only thing to do?

Not saying that is the correct thing to do but we don't know the circumstances around it:

Did he take an overdose on purpose ?
Was it an accident?
Was he trying to get a buzz ?

Please fill me in, as I don't know ?

Also not trying to a smart arse, but until you have kids you don't know what it is like to be separated from them is like. It's not nice !!

Noise

Coach
I'm sure he's not mate. I think the point is that sometimes bad shit happens, and we don't always react so well.

It's annoying (or worse) from a fan's perspective, but at the end of the day, in due season etc, there are bigger issues at stake here.

I f**ken hope not. But when someone asks, "what else do you expect him to do?" it kind if excuses the behaviour

Noise

Coach
Not saying that is the correct thing to do but we don't know the circumstances around it:

Did he take an overdose on purpose ?
Was it an accident?
Was he trying to get a buzz ?

Please fill me in, as I don't know ?

Also not trying to a smart arse, but until you have kids you don't know what it is like to be separated from them is like. It's not nice !!

I don't want to upset Twizzle

Game that we should've won. No excuses. Danny wicks drop ball and not putting Souths away when we had them on their line were killers. Effort was great but Souths were brutal. Inglis is a machine.

Latest posts