What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He seems to have done well with the Leagues club but surely the right option was someone experienced to run the football side of things????

I think you'll find we will replace DA at the end of the season, pretty hard this time of year

phantom eel

First Grade
Can't properly replace Boulous and DA until their current suspensions become actual deregistrations.

But we can't leave their positions empty at the moment while the show must go on... appointing Paul is probably a good move in the short term as he appears to have done a great job running the Leagues Club, and later in the year we can take the time to attract in an external person with some footy smarts to run the footy operations properly (and realign the positions again then).

Gronk

Staff member
Jethro was on 2MMM. He basically said that there were sub-committees who are in charge of retention and the cap. He and the merkin from Parra Council and that other woman were not on those sub-committees. He seemed a bit pissed because basically at full board meetings they always asked who we were travelling and they were told that all was sweet and we were under.

Then he had a rant about past factions and how they should f**k off.

He gave props to Shuey, BA, (coach) Sharp for keeping teams together and getting us compliant.

He wants us to move forward with constitutional change with the help of the NRL. He is cool if that means that he's not part of the club going forward.

Delboy

First Grade
I think you'll find we will replace DA at the end of the season, pretty hard this time of year

Should never have been appointed, too smart for his own good and anyone else. Brian Smith was primed for the job until the "factions" got involved and his appointment was the give up to get BA over Jason Taylor

There is a reason he doesn't last long anywhere

Kornstar

Coach
Interesting that Watmough was on the field during the warm up and not a word mentioned about his retirement but Cayless and Vella mentioned about Peats taking one for the team.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Jethro was on 2MMM. He basically said that there were sub-committees who are in charge of retention and the cap. He and the merkin from Parra Council and that other woman were not on those sub-committees. He seemed a bit pissed because basically at full board meetings they always asked who we were travelling and they were told that all was sweet and we were under.

Then he had a rant about past factions and how they should f**k off.

He gave props to Shuey, BA, (coach) Sharp for keeping teams together and getting us compliant.

He wants us to move forward with constitutional change with the help of the NRL. He is cool if that means that he's not part of the club going forward.

who is Jethro?

Gronk

Staff member
who is Jethro?
$(KGrHqJ,!l4FJY5nFSbEBS(zn0HQLQ~~60_35.JPG

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jethro is Geoff Gerard

Jethro also paid tribute to BA and insist that we should extend him asap...

Just on the RR committee that was formed in 13/14...sharp made a point that it shouldn't include Peter Nolan, a bloke with about 17 years experience in scouting and recruitment and a bloke who brought our 2 latest internationals at the club..

There's been some pretty dopey moves at our club, that one makes the grand final at the very least

Kornstar

Coach
Jethro is Geoff Gerard

Jethro also paid tribute to BA and insist that we should extend him asap...

Just on the RR committee that was formed in 13/14...sharp made a point that it shouldn't include Peter Nolan, a bloke with about 17 years experience in scouting and recruitment and a bloke who brought our 2 latest internationals at the club..

There's been some pretty dopey moves at our club, that one makes the grand final at the very least

Genius that was!

FML this club is hard to follow.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Genius that was!

FML this club is hard to follow.....

Well I don't think the decision was as bad as the one where he decided he didn't want to offer Nolan another deal, in saying that I do think we were going to lose him back Queensland in any case but still...

T-Boon

Coach
BA is a fine coach. But lets not go signing him to some 5 year deal or anything like it, I trace all of our current problems back to the insane decision to put Brian Smith on 5 year deal.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
BA is a fine coach. But lets not go signing him to some 5 year deal or anything like it, I trace all of our current problems back to the insane decision to put Brian Smith on 5 year deal.

I trace all our problems with the appointment of an inexperienced dropkick in Stephen Kearney that assembled the worst team in parra history.

Worst decision ever.

akers

Juniors
I trace all our problems with the appointment of an inexperienced dropkick in Stephen Kearney that assembled the worst team in parra history.

Worst decision ever.

I think the media protected coach Ricky and his white board had a lot to do with where we are today

phantom eel

First Grade

Worst decision ever.
Agree. Apart from Kearney's appalling performance and record as a club coach, another aspect to this was that at the tiem of his appointment our playing group hadn't satisfactorily "dealt with" the fall out of losing the 2009 grand final to a squad subsequently uncovered as cheats.

For the people in charge o fthe club at the time (Spags/3P/Osborne of course) to appoint Kearney at Parra was very short-sighted, given Kearney's recent attachment to that Melbourne Storm squad which many (players) would have considered cost us a premiership.

It's been a case of trying to dig us out of a massive hole ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts