What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Pommy

Coach
I'm not sure, but 'Presentation to STGI and Souths' would suggest to me they were trying to woo them back, and therefore included images of them as an example.

I didn't click on the link I was just looking at the photos here, thats that question answered I guess.

They were being rather optimistic with the score anyway lol.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sydney still going to end up with just one modern decent sized club stadium for 20k crowds. The Allianz mock up looks good and with the light rail would probably be a better experience in that 30k mode for club games than ANZ will be. Decision made now though so just have to hope that ANZ does it well.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
the butt hurt from scg trust is palpable, pricks from eastern suburbs can sip their pimms and watch AFL ru, and cricket and shut the f**k up

oh and we should knock that stupid tibby bridge down,,,

I suspect as has been mentioned by the time Parra & ANZ are done they'll decide to rebuild Allianz anyway.

Or at the very least they won't have to worry about having limited funds from what's left over , they'll do it properly as it will be fast approaching its 40th year by then.

Much easier to justify the expenditure at a later date too.

Hey guys,

Remember a years or so ago when people were questioning whether the actual capacity at Brookvale Oval was anywhere near the 23k claimed? Anyone know roughly when that happened and who wrote the articles so I can try and find em? Not having much luck so far.

It's for a research project in Urban Planning

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Does anyone who knows (because I certainly don't) Sydney well think that the combination of these better Rugby League facilities will increase attendances? Will we see the new Parramatta stadium or the new ANZ for example become the Suncorp of Sydney (i.e. regularly drawing 30K week in, week out)?

Does anyone who knows (because I certainly don't) Sydney well think that the combination of these better Rugby League facilities will increase attendances? Will we see the new Parramatta stadium or the new ANZ for example become the Suncorp of Sydney (i.e. regularly drawing 30K week in, week out)?

Hopefully I can answer this come November

yadamisha

Juniors

Won't make me attend them unless it is a final. To hard to get too. People living close by may attend more but the notion that people will travel from all over Sydney to watch a game there because the stadium is new is rubbish.

Last edited:

I think the best we're looking at is a 10-15% increase going off other cities experiences. (Suncorp , Melbourne)

Perhaps a roof might be able to push it to a 20% increase.

Anything more than that in the short term is fairytale stuff.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst the NRL insists on playing games at fan unfriendly times sadly new stadiums are going to have limited impact on attendances. 10% increase would be good.

taipan

Referee
Whilst the NRL insists on playing games at fan unfriendly times sadly new stadiums are going to have limited impact on attendances. 10% increase would be good.

The NRL will control scheduling from 2018,don't get your t*ts in a knot at this early stage.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No, they will control team fixtures, they will have no control over kick off times, those have been fixed in the tv deal, hence the ridiculous 6pm Friday we have to look forward to.

pHyR3

Juniors
I think the best we're looking at is a 10-15% increase going off other cities experiences. (Suncorp , Melbourne)

Perhaps a roof might be able to push it to a 20% increase.

Anything more than that in the short term is fairytale stuff.

I think we could push it to 30% within 2 years of it opening up from today's crowds

add in general population growth of sydney over 7-8 years, a roof, and just far better atmosphere it should make people more excited to keep going back to the footy

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Won't make me attend them unless it is a final. To hard to get too. People living close by may attend more but the notion that people will travel from all over Sydney to watch a game there because the stadium is new is rubbish.

What makes parra and homebush hard to get too?

Parra

Referee
The second problem is not the facilities but the expensive and poor quality foid and drink at these places. Nothing to do with the seating or having a roof. Homebush is a poor design for footy Nothing short of demolition will ever fix that.

taipan

Referee
No, they will control team fixtures, they will have no control over kick off times, those have been fixed in the tv deal, hence the ridiculous 6pm Friday we have to look forward to.

And with control of fixtures and removal of Monday nights and Fridays now in at 6pm ,the NRL will be better positioned to place a schedule that is more family friendly than it currently is.
Monday nights is a sh*t for families.Friday night 6pm(whilst not ideal) is at least a little better for families with no school next day.
For example there could be more Warriors games on a 6pm Friday slot in NZ (8pm here) or Broncos games 6pm or Storm.
ATM the Tv stations dictate scheduling all the flipping time.

And who knows down the line with a Perth team and a 2nd Brisbane side just what they could do.
Your negativity is all encompassing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When kick off times are the same how will they make it more family friendly? And if you think TV are just going to allow the NRL to do what they like then you are pretty naive and must be new to the game. Friday 6pm is better for families? Maybe unemployed ones. They've taken a sht KO time on a Monday night and replaced it with a sht KO time on a Thursday. Then for good measure added in another sht KO time of 6pm on a Friday. Hope is that it will be such a disaster for crowds and TV they will bin it soon after.

Expansion is dead, won't happen in the next TV deal cycle so you can stop throwing out unrealistic hypotheticals.

But keep positive eh?

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
And with control of fixtures and removal of Monday nights and Fridays now in at 6pm ,the NRL will be better positioned to place a schedule that is more family friendly than it currently is.
Monday nights is a sh*t for families.Friday night 6pm(whilst not ideal) is at least a little better for families with no school next day.
For example there could be more Warriors games on a 6pm Friday slot in NZ (8pm here) or Broncos games 6pm or Storm.
ATM the Tv stations dictate scheduling all the flipping time.

And who knows down the line with a Perth team and a 2nd Brisbane side just what they could do.
Your negativity is all encompassing.

Broncos games will be at 5pm local time with daylight savings for the start of the season.

Latest posts