What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever played with, against or coached a player who played NRL?

skeepe

Immortal
My last play in my last game of footy in under 18s I got snapped in half by Michael Weyman, which was about the 5th time that had happened to me in that game.

Prick let me know about it too.

Used to play in the same team as one of Penrith's all-time greats Nathan Smih as well. He was never anything special, we were all quite shocked that he was the one to make it.

Last edited:
My last play in my last game of footy in under 18s I got snapped in half by Michael Weyman, which was about the 5th time that had happened to me in that game.

Prick let me know about it too.

Used to play in the same team as one of Penrith's all-time greats Nathan Smih as well. He was never anything special, we were all quite shocked that he was the one to make it.

Hahahaha. Weyman was already one of my all-time favourite players and he just went up a couple of extra notches. :lol::p

Play oztag currently and there is a team with Patten and Perenara in it. No kidding. Patten blows up at the refs but Perenara doesn't and it makes for pretty good LOLZ.
"You think that's obstruction? How the f**k would you know?"

Both of the bastards can still move.

I run the water for A local a grade side occasionally and Matt HILDER is going around for us.

Played A reserve grade with Joe Lichaa ( played first grade for souths before neck injury ) we also had SKD for a couple of games when he first came here , I was injured at the time but SKD would score hattricks for fun .. ( he was 15 or so ) Go the Crocs

The_Team_Won

Juniors
Played with Rick Chisholm who played 1st grade with Manly & Newtown back in the early 1980's, we both played for Harbord United 1969 - 1971

ram raid

Bench
I used to be Andrew Johns Eccy supplier

True story I have about meeting Johns. Well sort of 'meeting'.

I was walking up the stairs of the foot bridge that goes over the train tracks after getting off the ferry coming from Stockton beach. People in NC will know where I mean. There was a guy and his mate walking just in front of me. I remember as I was walking behind them one guy had really huge calf mussels like a runner or something .. and tanned legs. It got my attention just because his legs were right at my eye level walking in front of me. The two guys were passing a coke can back and forth between each other taking a swig each while they were walking. I thought it was kinda weird without paying much attention to it. Anyway when we got to the other side about to walk down the steps they both stopped and leaned on the rail. I was looking right at Andrew Johns and some completely normal looking guy (not a footy player type). I had this look like "holy shit that's Andrew Johns". Johns had an awkward bashful look on his face (probably similar to mine). I just smiled and kept walking down. When I got home I realised what I wish I had said. "8 in a row!" (it was around that time) To this day I still wonder what was in that coke can. If they were a couple of teenagers I'd assume they'd poured booze in it so they could drink in public. But why Johns would be doing that I have no idea. Maybe they were just a couple of blokes sharing a coke on a hot day.