What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Modus Operandi Pale Ale. Very full flavoured, unfined, easy drinking. Downside is it only comes in a 500mL can, so having to dig out a glass big enough (and clean enough) to drink out of is a pain.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
great australian beer spectapular this weekend..

can't wait...

gonna approach those tasting beers like home does chilli...

wtyiyp.png

mind you, given the average beer is around 7% ABV, i may very well end up having a space coyote incident after the festival as well..

may decide to post progress updates.. if i can be assed..

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

can't wait...

wtyiyp.png

mind you, given the average beer is around 7% ABV, i may very well end up huaving a space coyote incident after the festival as well..

You have no choice. Live updates.

can't wait...

wtyiyp.png

mind you, given the average beer is around 7% ABV, i may very well end up having a space coyote incident after the festival as well..

I heard he carved it himself, from a bigger tasting paddle.

Modus Operandi "Former Tenant" Red IPA. One of the few red beers I've had that actually tastes like a red beer. The downside is that it really doesn't taste like an IPA until very late in the finish. Would buy again.

Akasha "Hopsmith" IPA. Good, clean drinking IPA. Nothing challenging, but still with good flavour.

Young Henry's Newtowner. Still my pick of the Young Henry's range. A bloody good Aussie pale ale.

Exsilium

First Grade
Scott, try the Pan Head - Johnny Octane Red IPA. You may find that more to your liking.

BrewDog Jack Hammer double IPA is one of the best I've had.

Modus operandi was decent enough but not as good as people made out.

Breaking bud was average, nothing like its description. Hoptoligist was a surprise but wouldn't race put to buy again.

Tried so much this month. I think I spend 500-600 a month on craft :(

Noa

First Grade
Endeavour Reserve Amber ale.

Not the biggest fan of Endeavour in the past but they really nailed this this drop. Easily the best Amber ale Ive tried from an Australian brewer and if you blind tested me with say, a Grimbergen Dubbel, Id be struggling to pick a winner.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Got a VIP card at the local Filipino club last night after having a few beers with the owner.

Now entitled to $3 pints of Carlsberg for the rest of the year. Not the best beer going, but that price to liquid price is insane even for China. I'm usually paying $2 for a stubby of Tsingtao gold.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
6 paddles in and surprisingly upright...

Strange brews this year.. There's one brewed from whale vomit, and another brewed from belly button lint..

I kid you not..

Still better pedigree than VB, though..