What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gorman

millersnose

Post Whore
Sporting News
LEAGUE
LEAGUE Home
Photos
Fixtures/Results
News Archive
Lurker
AFL
FOOTBALL
RUGBY
NBA
CRICKET
HORSE RACING
ALL SPORTS
MORE

START SLIDESHOW
Use left or right buttons to navigate.

PREVIOUSNEXT
1 5
1Keep an eye out

You won't hear about it in the papers because the Cronulla Sharks are flying.

But don't think for a second the Sharks board aren't monitoring the recent performances of chief executive Lyall Gorman.

Instead of treading his own leather, Gorman relied on the contacts of his staff and even captain Paul Gallen to pull in the club's major sponsors.

Gorman's next challenge will be to secure the contract of coach Shane Flanagan, whose deal ends at the end of 2017.

Unlike the CEOs of successful clubs like Canterbury and South Sydney, who have begun negotiations to secure soon-to-be off-contract coaches Des Hasler and Michael Maguire, Gorman appears to have shown little urgency to commence the negotiation process with Flanagan.

Eion

First Grade
So we have full sponsorship and are waiting a bit to see if we want to resign flanno. Sack him now.

McLovin

Staff member
NRL Leaks, what you've just said... Is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

carcharias

Immortal
NRL Leaks, what you've just said... Is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Haha

But

I've seen the movie too

Eion

First Grade
If the story is a typical journo's fantasy, then low is to be expected. If it's come from within, then that cancer needs to be weeded out and destroyed.

I think Gorman's admin is a very big part in the turnaround of fortunes at our club. Guy's a seasoned professional without any of the typical 'footy-head' mentality we've seen too much of, here and elsewhere.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Here, here! Couldn't agree more, spirit. Seems like a total professional with a great focus on his customers (us).

Card Shark

Immortal
Not sure how he's going behind closed doors but he presents a very professional look to the public & our club really needs that after the last few years.

jc155776

Coach
Remember the sex offender from parra bloke? The dodgey as f**k one that got done for sexual harassment?

jc155776

Coach
Haha that's him. Great times. Him and Clint. f**k me we had some comedy show worthy moments. Seriously, a bloke faking cancer to give money to the Sharks and save the club? Hahaha.

carcharias

Immortal
Haha that's him. Great times. Him and Clint. f**k me we had some comedy show worthy moments. Seriously, a bloke faking cancer to give money to the Sharks and save the club? Hahaha.

Do you remember when I'd convinced half the NRL side of this forum that the cancer dude was Reefy?

I said I'd even met him a few times
...and that he would pull the chicks in Gouburn or wherever it was that nut came from.

Oh and people believed it.
I think reefy was banned at the time .