What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future Endeavors Have Begun

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's some pie in the sky theorising there, Pete. You can't know how well he'd have done with a push he was never given.

I'm not sure what relevance main evening has to do with anything either. There's a gulf of positions between 'never used' and 'John Cena'. They certainly could have used his Intellectual Saviour of the Masses heel in a similar way to which they've used other smarmy upper midcard heels in the past, and his baby face shenanhigans got him over enough that he could have at least enjoyed a brief spotlight akin to what the less talented Santino Marella was given.

Big Pete

Referee
Pie in the sky? It happened! He's a career heel, whose whole gimmick was based around another character. When they were split up, there wasn't an obvious direction to take his character. Now I'm not saying he deserved to be dropped altogether after the Hogan controversy, but he was caught up in an unfortunate circumstance where he had no where to go.

In regards to the World Championship, that was in response to...

Didn't Sandow lose his MITB opportunity to Cena?

He wasn't World Championship material.

Misanthrope

Staff member
What are you talking about? You said he wasn't good enough referring to his MITB win and cash-in, but he wasn't given much to work with. He held it for roughly three months, lost his next two PPV matches to guys he could have and should have plausibly beaten, and then they basically dropped him.

There was no push to speak of, so you can't say he wasn't good enough with any authority.

Big Pete

Referee
That's ignoring the seven years he had to prove himself as a worker. Stevens/Sandow was never a great in that regard. At best, he was solid, but that was never going to be good enough, especially with his look.

RedVDave

First Grade
I could care less about any of those releases to be honest with you with the glowing exception of Damien Sandow what a disgrace the guy continually turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

It's pretty obvious to me when ever WWE gives someone an impersonating gimmick it is there way of throwing there hands up in the air. Sandow is the only performer in living memory to make it work and get it over because the man is just that talented.

The sad reality is ever since he lost to cena in a WHC MITB cash in match he was buried a waste of an opportunity and talent a dumb booking decision up there with cena going over the nexus.

Sorry for the rant but seeing great talent get buried and unutilised just infuriates me.

redvscotty

First Grade
How much more could you care less? You make out like you care, and then could care even less than that?

One of the greatest travesties of the English language, that phrase is.

'Couldn't care less'.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Good for Cody. Seriously underrated. Maybe not main event level, but he took some seriously shit gimmicks and turned them into watchable TV.

Good for Cody. Seriously underrated. Maybe not main event level, but he took some seriously shit gimmicks and turned them into watchable TV.

Early 2012 when he ran his "last hope for the Rhodes Family" gimmick was the time to pull the trigger on him (get his dad involved, there's potential to turn him face there). Smackdown was pretty skinny at the time (you had Santino in the final 2 of an elimination chamber on PPV) and he had a great 2011 with his Dashing and Undashing gimmicks. Unfortunately they booked themselves into a corner for Mania where the only outcome was for Big Show to squash him, and I don't think he ever really got the momentum back.

Not a bad hit list by Cody Rhodes.

CjkM5K-UkAAaJPk.jpg

Latest posts