What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

greena

Juniors
What's happening with I think it's JoeyTramontana. He played hooker in our victorious HM winning team of a few years back and had a lot of wraps on him. He is listed in the NYC side but isn't gtting a run. Too small?

Gronk

Staff member
:lol: Of course he is.

Chin up mate. The one we kept from the Doolan / Tramontana pair has some fine pedigree.

JUNE 05, 2013 12:26PM

Liverpool up-and-comers Mick Doolan and Joey Tramontana set to dominate in Origin curtain-raiser at ANZ Stadium

NSW Origin under-16 rugby league player Mick Doolan will face off against the Queensland team in the State of Origin curtain-raiser at ANZ Stadium tonight.

754306-1b78bae6-cd82-11e2-8952-62077a8c372c.jpg

NSW Origin under-16 rugby league player Mick Doolan

WHILE the senior NSW rugby league team has been unable to shake Queensland's dominance for seven long years, the future at least looks bright.

Liverpool up-and-comers Mick Doolan and Joey Tramontana will aim to set things straight as they play for NSW under-16s in the curtain-raiser to tonight's State of Origin game at ANZ Stadium.

The boys were selected for the special occasion last week and they have been in camp at Narrabeen since Saturday.

Both are sporting internationals, with Joey making the all-schools team and Mick representing Australia in rugby union.

Mick was also a member of the NSW indigenous team in the curtain-raiser to the NRL-Indigenous All Stars game in February, at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

"This crowd should double that one," Mick said.

The strapping five-eighth, who will play halfback tonight, will get to cross off two achievements at once.

"I've never been to an Origin game before - I've always wanted to go to one," Mick said.

Both boys were clearly honoured at the opportunity and the occasion. "When I found out I cried then I told my Dad and he nearly cried," Mick said.

Joey said he was proud to follow in the footsteps of the likes of NSW legends Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler.

"I feel very proud and privileged to represent the state ... there have been lots of great players," he said.

"It will be an awesome and exciting experience playing before the big boys.

"It will be a moment that will live with me for life."

MICK DOOLAN

■ From: Prestons

■ Plays for: Cabramatta Two Blues and Parramatta Eels

■ Favourite Blues: Michael Jennings and Jarryd Hayne

"I'm going to be nervous but I'll have family and friends so I'll put on a show for them."

JOEY TRAMONTANA

■ From: Kemps Creek

■ Plays for: Marconi Mustangs and Parramatta Eels

■ Position: Hooker

"I'll probably be nervous but excited. There's a lot of emotion in a state game."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-at-anz-stadium/story-fngr8hxh-1226657754426

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Doolan has been playing well. He also got a run in reserve grade before Dargan, but probably because he's bigger and faster, not because he's a better playmaker.

Anyway he only got one game in NSW Cup whereas Dargan has had a couple. The team has been poor though since Kelly shit himself.

Forty20

First Grade
How has Doolan gone in the 20's this year???

Dargan from all reports is the best of the crop.

Dargan is absolutely blitzing it in the 20s. Easily one of the best players in the competition this year.

Doolan has made a far more subdued start to the year, which was something of a disappointment for myself after it looked like he made some good strides forwards late last year. He has looked better in recent rounds by all accounts, especially given that he was steering the team around without Dargan but he is a far less polished prospect at this stage.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
For those watching 16's stream the player they keep calling Fine Power his name is William Kei and he was the top try scorer this year, not Cliff LeeAetoa

Forty20

First Grade
Good win today. Knocked over the Titans 30-10. Tui Afualo played a very good game on debut given he is only 17 years old this year and picked up the MoTM/Player's Player award. Other players to have big games include Dean Matterson, Tui Oloapu, Jack Morris, Denzal Tonise, Tyrell Fuimaono and Kurt De Luis.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey forty what your thoughts on fuimaono. Is he a star in making-would you prefer morris? Or do you see him as an ok first grader at best?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fuimaono is obviously a better player than Morris, which is why he surely has a top 25 contract already sorted for next year. I'm keen to see if we offer Morris a (full time, second tier) contract for 2017. He went better than I expected for Wenty.

Fanbase

Juniors
Fuimaono is obviously a better player than Morris, which is why he surely has a top 25 contract already sorted for next year. I'm keen to see if we offer Morris a (full time, second tier) contract for 2017. He went better than I expected for Wenty.

you thought he went well? he must be useless cause your a terrible judge of footy talent and anything relating to footy really

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
you thought he went well?

No I said he went 'better than I expected'. Was still pretty ordinary, but it was a reserve grade team full of kids playing against a reserve grade team full of former first graders in New Zealand.

he must be useless cause your a terrible judge of footy talent and anything relating to footy really

Yeah well, you can't even read.

Latest posts