What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can the year get worse?

ryana87

Juniors
With lamb now out for 8 weeks..... Just thinking what else could possibly go wrong this year

1. Tariq and rochow resign
2. We somehow loose one of our young forwarss
3. Levi season ending injury

imagine that! We are odds on for the spoon and we lost all our points for a cap rort. The LOLs would be without rival.

Burwood

Bench
We try to extend Uate's contract beyond 2018 because he is being chased hard by Japanese rugby. Uate initially declines the offer, so Hagan is brought back to the club to close the deal. Uate ends up with a lifetime contract, with the promise to work as our defensive coach once he retires.

3 weeks into the contract he sustains a career ending knee injury, but Hagan somehow managed to word the contract so that Uate is still counted under the salary cap until he passes away (it's a lifetime contract so no end date was stipulated...)

McGuigan then sells the club to Hagan for a handful of magic beans.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
We try to extend Uate's contract beyond 2018 because he is being chased hard by Japanese rugby. Uate initially declines the offer, so Hagan is brought back to the club to close the deal. Uate ends up with a lifetime contract, with the promise to work as our defensive coach once he retires.

3 weeks into the contract he sustains a career ending knee injury, but Hagan somehow managed to word the contract so that Uate is still counted under the salary cap until he passes away (it's a lifetime contract so no end date was stipulated...)

McGuigan then sells the club to Hagan for a handful of magic beans.

Lol, this is probably one of the best posts I've read on here!

Caped Crusader

Juniors
The Saifiti boys activate a get out clause in their latest contract that allows them to play 7s Rugby for Fiji

Brown sacked and Hagan brought in as head coach

Houston and AK47 sign multi year deals and return pre June 30

Still Nutty

Juniors
Salary cap scandal

I would laugh, it did cross my mind that with all the juniors we are blooding this year, if they have payment bonuses activated in their contracts due to being elevated to first grade for a certain period, it is not beyond the realms that we will be nudging the bar given that Brown and the Board reckon we don't have much cap room at present:shock:

This has been the traditional way some clubs have achieved technical breaches of the cap in years past and as sad as it seems, I think we could end up with the indignity o(on top of all the other indignities) of having to answer a show cause at the end of the season :cry:

perverse

Referee
If you've supported us for the last 10 years, you know very well there's plenty of things that could make this year worse.

Wato

Juniors
Still not as bad as paying 1.2m for Tariq sims their both about the same quality expect marketo does not spend a fourth of the year out with suspension and at least plays with some heart. The fact saints are signing Sims with their current starting back rowers seems bizarre.

orochimaru

Juniors
so hard to walk the streets wearing my knights jersey, i can hear them laughing, quietly, but laughing, theyre laughing at me, BURN THEM ALL!!!!!

Latest posts