What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Live Results: Round 5

Misanthrope

Staff member
Files can be found here.

Draw

Quahog Quagmires (+20.5) V New England Celtic
Perth Reds V Sydney Vipers (+1.5)
Ponte Preta Billy Goats (+8.5) V Mount Disappointment RLFC
South Canberra Knights V Shenzhen Sharkitohs (+3.5)
Brisbane Bulls (+1.5) V Grapes of Nanking
Raymond Terrace Tanks V Ipswich Reds (+7.5)
Mu’a Saints V Roma Vandali (+0.5)

----------------

Quahog Quagmires v New England Celtic

New England have put together another truly ominous performance today in an 11 tries to 1 annihilation of the hapless Quahog Quagmires. Welcoming back their inspirational coach, the US side were blown off the park in the first half to trail 42-0. They somewhat stemmed the flow of points in a less lop-sided second half, but still went down 64-4 in the biggest margin of the season.

Quahog: Joseph Paulo. J. Nikorama 0/1
New England: Semi Radradra, Dominic Manfredi 3, Danny Brough 4, Jake Granville, Jacob Saifiti, and Boyd Cordner. Brough 10/11
HT Score: 0-42
Dally M: Danny Brough (Celtic) 3, Boyd Cordner (Celtic) 2, and Jake Granville (Celtic) 1.
Crowd: 29,555

Perth Reds v Sydney Vipers

Perth are back in the winner's circle today following a 24-14 win over the winless Sydney Vipers. The Sydney side haven't kicked on at all this season, while Perth will be glad that the return of their coach has finally started to turn things around. The star of the piece was an unlikely hero, with Kurt Mann inspirational from the Reds' bench.

Perth: Jason Nightingale, Tyson Frizzel, and Josh McGuire 2. Roberts 4/5
Sydney: Jarrod Croker and Tom Briscoe. Croker 3/3
HT Score: 6-12
Dally M: Kurt Mann (Reds) 3, Tyson Frizzel (Reds) 2, and Simon Mannering (Reds) 1.
Crowd: 23,485

Ponte Preta Billy Goats v Mt. Disappointment RLFC

Mt. Disappointment have faced their sternest test in today's visit to Brazil, with a 68 minute Reegan Campbell-Gillard try, his second of the game, being just enough to lift the first-placed Victorian outfit to a nail-biting 22-16 win against spirited opposition. It was a game of end to end action with no side ever looking comfortable, but the far from disappointment boys from down south again got the job done.

Ponte Preta: Mahe Fonua and Jorge Taufua 2. Cherry-Evans 2/3
Mt. Disappointment: Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, and Reegan Campbell-Gillard 2. Sezer 3/4
HT Score: 12-6
Dally M: Justin Carney (RLFC) 3, Daly Cherry-Evans (Billy Goats) 2, and Jorge Taufua (Billy Goats) 1.
Crowd: 28,706

South Canberra Knights v Shenzhen Sharkitohs

A crowd of more than 40,000 crammed into the Australian capital today to witness an engaging clash between regular semi finalists, South Canberra and Shenzhen. In a tussle of real quality, a late try from Shenzhen set up a grandstand final two minutes as they trailed 26-22 headed into full-time. Sadly for the visitors and their recently returned coach, South Canberra did enough to hold them out and record a vital win.

South Canberra: Jermaine McGilvray, Curtis Rona, Joe Burgess, and Cameron Smith. Sandow 5/5
Shenzhen: Euan Aitken, Blake Austin, Charlie Gubb, and Michael Lichaa. Johnson 3/4
HT Score: 18-16
Dally M: Bryson Goodwin (Knights) 3, Jermaine McGilvray (Knights) 2, and Curtis Rona (Knights) 1.
Crowd: 40,111

Brisbane Bulls v Grapes of Nanking

Nanking continue to look like one of the sides to beat in 2016, today accounting for Brisbane comfortably in a 24-8 win on the road. A raucous Brisbane crowd wasn't enough to lift a decidedly underdone Brisbane, who struggled to find answers for the in-form Grapes' attack.

Brisbane: Moses Mbye. Reynolds 2/2
Grapes: Blake Ferguson, Luke Keary, Ethan Lowe, and Joel Tomkins. Hodkinson 4/4
HT Score: 2-12
Dally M: Trent Hodkinson (Grapes) 3, Luke Keary (Grapes) 2, and John Sutton (Grapes) 1.
Crowd: 34,067

Raymond Terrace Tanks v Ipswich Reds

A superb captain's knock from Will Hopoate, highlighted by a double and some rampaging runs down the flanks, has been key to Raymond Terrace's big 48-18 win over unpredictable Ipswich today. While all of the pre-match hype was about GI's return, it was Hopoate who took the game by the scruff of the neck shortly after half-time when Ipswich scored to trail 18-12. The Tanks switched into overdrive to record a big home win.

Raymond Terrace: Will Hopoate 2, Denny Solomona, Adam Blair, Luke Gale 3, and David Shillington. Gordon 8/8
Ipswich: Kirisome Auva'a, Leeson Ah Mau, and Luke Douglas. Lamb 3/3
HT Score: 18-6
Dally M: Will Hopoate (Tanks) 3, Luke Gale (Tanks) 2, and Michael Gordon (Tanks) 1.
Crowd: 21,249

Mu'a Saints v Roma Vandali

They may have been without several key players, including Johnathon Thurston, but the Vandali showed plenty of grit today in an ugly but enthralling 12-6 win over Mu'a in Tonga. The home side lead 6-4 at halftime thanks to some Michael Jennings wizardy, but the visitors found an extra gear in the second half due to some fiery defense and brutal runs from Paul Gallen in his role as surrogate captain.

Mu'a: Corey Norman. Richards 1/2
Roma: Sam Thaiday and Morgan Escare. Carney 2/4
HT Score: 6-4
Dally M: Michael Jennings (Saints) 3, Paul Gallen (Vandali) 2, and Cameron Munster (Saints) 1.
Crowd: 32,228

Last edited:

HappyBadger

Juniors
Three home dogs...yikes!

Quahog Quagmires (+20.5) V New England Celtic - Celtic won't cover five tries and a drop...but will win straight up.

Perth Reds V Sydney Vipers (+1.5) - Goldy's back, a win at last...

Ponte Preta Billy Goats (+8.5) V Mount Disappointment RLFC - f**k this noise - the defending Grand Finalists 9 point dog at home? no f**king way! More than against the spread - a straight up win at Moises Lucarelli!

South Canberra Knights V Shenzhen Sharkitohs (+3.5) - Finally, Malcolm has something to smile about :)

Brisbane Bulls (+1.5) V Grapes of Nanking - Grapes are too hot at the moment...

Raymond Terrace Tanks V Ipswich Reds (+7.5) - T-34's, I reckon...and Ipswich has no Warthogs...

Mu’a Saints V Roma Vandali (+0.5) - a pick-em game, basically, and Roma had a character-building and progression-moving loss against Ponte Preta, so I expect them to win here...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Been absent the last couple of weeks
To the Quagmire players, I apologise

Let's turn this ship around

afinalsin666

First Grade

7 weeker for Thurston. The only reason that I'm playing is to see if I could win a premiership with Thurston. Clearly not. Got anyone waiting for a team?

Misanthrope

Staff member
7 weeker for Thurston. The only reason that I'm playing is to see if I could win a premiership with Thurston. Clearly not. Got anyone waiting for a team?

We're two coaches short as is :lol: With physio and resting, you'll have Thurston back in like three games. Plenty of time to win the gold.

I don't have any other halves which means I'm a guaranteed 1-6 by the time Thurston comes back. I guess I can put in orders but if anyone wants to take over, they can.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't have any other halves which means I'm a guaranteed 1-6 by the time Thurston comes back. I guess I can put in orders but if anyone wants to take over, they can.

Given Sydney and Grapes are uncoached and we've had trouble with recruiting, I doubt anybody will be leaping in anytime soon, sadly.

Should ask Dutch for some tips. He's doing well with awful halves.

HappyBadger

Juniors
Ratchford may be available, for the right player...but when I say "right player", I mean "not a piece of craptastic manure"...

...make an offer, and I'll consider it...just don't expect a reflexive "yes"...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Shite, injuries to both my starting Halfback and 5/8th
Missing players in forward pack through injury as well

Not looking good for Quohog after a poor start (albeit, I take responsibility for being absent)

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Mu'a and Sydney both in.