What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incorrect

Coach
And Moa's a prop rather than a fullback. There's some pretty decent 30+ year old props around. I'd be surprised if we could get him for as little as $150k. His meterage is pretty good, and he plays the ball quickly. At 59 minutes per game, he's about 20 minutes per game better than Mannah over 2014/15.

Exactly. He ain't signing with the Eels for 150 or even 200K when his manager could probably get him 300K in ESL as a last resort. It'll be one of his last pay days.

But as Pou would say, "who's to say he wants to go to ESL?"...miserable merkin. :roll:

caylo

Bench
Gotta re-sign IDG for 1 year

I think there is reasons we look better in attack with him off then with him on, I'd let him go or resign as a Max 100k. I'll leave the stat's with pou but I think his service is slow and consistently off which stunts out attack. He is a great defender but I'd happy invest in a young hooked over him.

If we can pick up a couple of quality but cheap middle forwards like Mao then I think we're well on out way next year without much else if Norman resigns

jk13

First Grade
Ya kidding me, idg is a great tackler but that's it and he'll b a year older. Thanks for the service frenchie, good luck elsewhere

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. He ain't signing with the Eels for 150 or even 200K when his manager could probably get him 300K in ESL as a last resort. It'll be one of his last pay days.

But as Pou would say, "who's to say he wants to go to ESL?"...miserable merkin. :roll:

I'm sure any player would go to the ESL for overs. And with a Tongan passport he won't chew up an import spot, increasing his value over there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ya kidding me, idg is a great tackler but that's it and he'll b a year older. Thanks for the service frenchie, good luck elsewhere

De Gois is good when his forwards win the ruck but otherwise he is just a hard-working passenger.

That probably describes all of the off contract hookers, so he might be worth re-signing. But if we did re-sign him it would have to be for no more than he's worth, which is about $100k.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
De Gois is good when his forwards win the ruck but otherwise he is just a hard-working passenger.

That probably describes all of the off contract hookers, so he might be worth re-signing. But if we did re-sign him it would have to be for no more than he's worth, which is about $100k.

I reckon Nelson on a second tier or minimum probably offers us as us much as De gois. Think tonight Pritchard showed why he will be our number 1 hooker next year.

Plus there is king.

Chipmunk

Coach

Is he any different than Peats though? To be honest tonight is the first time we've rotated IDG and Pritchard like they should be...Perhaps a view to 2017 maybe?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is he any different than Peats though? To be honest tonight is the first time we've rotated IDG and Pritchard like they should be...Perhaps a view to 2017 maybe?

I like BA, but the only real question I have with his coaching is why he played peats / de gois and then De gois / Pritchard on the field at the same time. Can't see what it would achieve.

Chipmunk

Coach
And Moa's a prop rather than a fullback. There's some pretty decent 30+ year old props around. I'd be surprised if we could get him for as little as $150k. His meterage is pretty good, and he plays the ball quickly. At 59 minutes per game, he's about 20 minutes per game better than Mannah over 2014/15.

Those stats are better than onyone we currently have on the books...

Even at $250k he can do a job for us that knowone currently in the joint can.

Chipmunk

Coach
I like BA, but the only real question I have with his coaching is why he played peats / de gois and then De gois / Pritchard on the field at the same time. Can't see what it would achieve.

I think we need IDG and Pritchard in our 17 together now that Peats is gone.

Before though, I was lost with why either was in the team whilst Peats was there.

De Gois does not offer enough for 80 minutes for mine...I'd go as far as to say that the IDG/Pritchard split won us the game tonight.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think we need IDG and Pritchard in our 17 together now that Peats is gone.

Before though, I was lost with why either was in the team whilst Peats was there.

De Gois does not offer enough for 80 minutes for mine...I'd go as far as to say that IDG/Pritchard won us the game tonight.

Nelson/Pritchard ???

Nelson starts then can play other positions De Gois cannot.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep. A good NRL prop.

For $200-300k he is probably a very good valued signing. Nothing special but makes metres, defence isn't to bad. Just the type of signing the squad needs.

Keep our current squad by re-signing Norman / wicks and adding Moa and maybe Rochow, gee we are looking bloody good for 2017!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Trying to generate some defensive line speed? I dunno. We have plenty of quick forwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nelson/Pritchard ???

Nelson starts then can play other positions De Gois cannot.

It's a fair point, though I think his lack of experience at dummy half could hurt us in extra errors and lost opportunities after quick play-the-ball. De Gois is no great (or even good) runner or playmaker, but he is smart and experienced.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...in-fresh-courtroom-drama-20160610-gpgwuf.html

BRISBANE BECKONS

Brisbane is shaping as a potential destination for James Segeyaro. The hooker is languishing in reserve grade and has no long-term future at the Panthers, who won't stand in his way should he wish to go before June 30.

The Broncos' regular rake, Andrew McCullough, is likely to be sidelined with a fractured thumb for at least another month, and we're hearing last year's grand finalists could make an offer. Segeyaro has received offers to shift to the Super League but is holding out in the hope of resurrecting his NRL career.

FUIMAONO HOPS OFF

Promising Parramatta forward Tyrell Fuimaono will be the next player to leave the club after agreeing to join South Sydney. Fuimaono is a Junior Kangaroos and NSW under 20s representative and is equally adept in the centres or as an edge back-rower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts