What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs England - June tests

RoosTah

Juniors
Very frustrating game to watch... Wallabies outscored the poms with tries, but boring pedantic refereeing saw England get the win.

The other thing that struck me was that the game both wasn't a sell out and that about half the crowd that was there appeared to be English.

Seriously, Union in Australia is now smaller and weaker than League is in England, and after watching last night's pedantic penalty kick-a-thon win from the poms I don't see too many League fans changing their mind about the game in a hurry.

TV wise it wasn't much better - Saturday night AFL outrated it FFS.

Oh well, at least the Russians beat England in the soccer lol

Pommy

Coach
Very frustrating game to watch... Wallabies outscored the poms with tries, but boring pedantic refereeing saw England get the win.

The other thing that struck me was that the game both wasn't a sell out and that about half the crowd that was there appeared to be English.

Seriously, Union in Australia is now smaller and weaker than League is in England, and after watching last night's pedantic penalty kick-a-thon win from the poms I don't see too many League fans changing their mind about the game in a hurry.

Why because Australia couldn't two weeks ago? :lol:

RoosTah

Juniors
Why because Australia couldn't two weeks ago? :lol:

Oh no, I was actually going for England in that match because I hate the socceroos and every loss they suffer makes fans of that soft game fret.

But when England aren't playing us, I generally enjoy seeing them lose in that game too, because their fans' fumbling intellectual capacity inevitably leads to them starting a riot in order to compensate for the fact they can't ever beat anyone at the world's girliest game.

Gooo Engeerrrlleeennnd

1465692429651.jpg

Good times :lol::lol:

Last edited:

strong_latte

Juniors
I grew up on Union, but whilst there were some great tries last night, that game perfectly encapsulates why Union will never ever be a major sport in this country. Like soccer, too many games are decided purely on the whim of referees

shiznit

Coach

I watched it from start to finish... Pretty weak to blame the way the game was ref'd...

The Wallabies were once again tactically poor... And were punished as they should have been.

They lack accuracy at the set piece and especially at the breakdown... For all the Aussie presses hoopla about pocock and hooper... When they were actually on the field together before pocock copped a head knock... The poms were beating them at the breakdown through accuracy...

Foley isn't a first fives arsehole... Let alone a competent international 10... Aimless kicking and really no direction... when they did actually get ball they had long periods where they were playing from behind the advantage line...

Folau needed to switch over to NZ with that olympics loophole this year... He looks like he's got to do everything for them...

As rusty as our new era all blacks looked against Wales... I reckon the Wallabies were lucky they weren't playing in the Bledisloe ... Ben Smith and Naholo would have feasted on some of the terrible kicking... We would have put 50 on you IMO...

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Oh no, I was actually going for England in that match because I hate the socceroos and every loss they suffer makes fans of that soft game fret.

But when England aren't playing us, I generally enjoy seeing them lose in that game too, because their fans' fumbling intellectual capacity inevitably leads to them starting a riot in order to compensate for the fact they can't ever beat anyone at the world's girliest game.

Gooo Engeerrrlleeennnd

1465692429651.jpg

Good times :lol::lol:

C- troll must try harder. Look at the news were just the innocent victims this time :sarcasm:

RoosTah

Juniors
I watched it from start to finish... Pretty weak to blame the way the game was ref'd...

The Wallabies were once again tactically poor... And were punished as they should have been.

They lack accuracy at the set piece and especially at the breakdown... For all the Aussie presses hoopla about pocock and hooper... When they were actually on the field together before pocock copped a head knock... The poms were beating them at the breakdown through accuracy...

Foley isn't a first fives arsehole... Let alone a competent international 10... Aimless kicking and really no direction... when they did actually get ball they had long periods where they were playing from behind the advantage line...

Folau needed to switch over to NZ with that olympics loophole this year... He looks like he's got to do everything for them...

As rusty as our new era all blacks looked against Wales... I reckon the Wallabies were lucky they weren't playing in the Bledisloe ... Ben Smith and Naholo would have feasted on some of the terrible kicking... We would have put 50 on you IMO...

I never said he was, "arsehole"

In fact it's down right depressing that Giteau couldn't be there frankly. There seriously is dick-all talent in Australian Rugby, and one thing that stood out about that whole game was how even the bloody NSW Origin side had better tactical nouse than the Wallabies when it comes to in game kicking.

Anyway, for all the crappy tactics of the Wallabies and shit kicking, they still got bloody close to winning the thing at the death against an English side that has spent far more games together since the boys thumped them in the game that mattered last year.

As for the refereeing - it was seriously f**king pedantic and the poms spent half the night lying all over the rucks and frenchie just ignored it.

shiznit

Coach
I never said he was, "arsehole"

In fact it's down right depressing that Giteau couldn't be there frankly. There seriously is dick-all talent in Australian Rugby, and one thing that stood out about that whole game was how even the bloody NSW Origin side had better tactical nouse than the Wallabies when it comes to in game kicking.

Anyway, for all the crappy tactics of the Wallabies and shit kicking, they still got bloody close to winning the thing at the death against an English side that has spent far more games together since the boys thumped them in the game that mattered last year.

As for the refereeing - it was seriously f**king pedantic and the poms spent half the night lying all over the rucks and frenchie just ignored it.
You got close to beating them?? :lol:

You lost by over 10pts... And if your honest... That score flattered you.,.

And as for the ref being pedantic... He was fine... He blew penalties when they were warranted... I don't get what you wanted him to do... Ignore players coming in from the side or sealing the ball off??

England just beat them at the breakdown... And lying over the ball isn't actually illegal if the player comes in legally and then once they leave there feet they attempt to roll away,,.

If your getting slow ball you need to look at your ball carrier and trailing players who weren't able to secure the ball well enough after contact... If you give the opposing players an opportunity to get at the ball you invite slow ball... Once again... It's a lack of accuracy at the breakdown.

It's also a sign of poor organisation... Halfback and First Five not setting up quick enough...

RoosTah

Juniors
You got close to beating them?? :lol:

You lost by over 10pts... And if your honest... That score flattered you.,.

The Wallabies scored 4 tries to 3 and were 4 points down with the ball in hand and had just made 50 metres off the restart. Crap handling and a lucky try against the run of play pushed the score out. I thought you said you watched the game?

And as for the ref being pedantic... He was fine... He blew penalties when they were warranted... I don't get what you wanted him to do... Ignore players coming in from the side or sealing the ball off??

Just classic NH bias for mine - he reffed it to suit the northerners and the poms were obstructing the ruck half the game.

That said, the Wallabies did lack accuracy both at the break-down but over all. As you say, terrible tactical kicking, terrible goal kicking and poor hands.

It was almost as bad as watching England play League.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
losing a game when you score 4 tries to 3 is pretty bad discipline

RoosTah

Juniors
losing a game when you score 4 tries to 3 is pretty bad discipline

That and pretty shit kicking. If Foley had converted all our tries then they'd have been in a winning position with a minute to go and wouldn't have needed to play high risk footy

FAS33

Juniors
Couldn't give a f**k about the sport but hows that working out for you?

We gave u that win. Let's see if you'll still be here after game 3.

BTW I don't give a f**k about cricket. But how many world cups u have again?

saint.nick

Coach
Can't believe that the nation's best don't even know how to f**king hold the ball and pass properly.