What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why the $840,000 was added to our cap putting us approx $650,000 over for this year. . . .

Now it is contingent on the club proving documentation to the NRL to clear said agreements, or at least try to.

so if we can prove some of the TPA's were legitimate then that 650k might be reduced?

emjaycee

Coach
I don't know mate, you want to nominate with me and we will run this club.

Mate there is no way I would nominate for a place on the Board.
Put simply, I don't have the pre-requisite skills that I think are needed for a Board member of a multi-million dollar gaming company and unlike others who have nominated before, I at least am able to recognise this.

emjaycee

Coach
Sounded like more of the same sadly.

Yep, a ticket created by people with past ties to ParraMount and therefore failed and bitter previous factions is just what we need going forward.

I just wish these people who keep putting their hands up would recognise that they need to have the skills to sit on the Board of a $100M leagues club AND then a football club - not just the football club.

I hope the first thing the next Board do is work out a way to separate the 2 Boards so we don't have 7 PLC directors on the footy club Board. Different skills needed for both Boards or we get trash on both.

Gronk

Staff member
What did he say that was so bad?

I heard him, didn't think it was that bad....

a) He was on the Piggy, Ben Smith etc ticket last elections.
b) He was vague about everything and just regurgitated slogans off the sales manager's whiteboard.

So based on that, or until such time he changes my mind, I'm out. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

I'll wait to see who else puts their hand up thanks.

strider

Post Whore
Im sure the bank is just waiting for denis to go away

I think the bank will fold before denis does

That is exactly what they think and exactly what our response would have to address the legitimacy of all TPA brokered while players have been at the Parramatta eels or used to get player to the club.

That is why the $840,000 was added to our cap putting us approx $650,000 over for this year. . . .

Now it is contingent on the club proving documentation to the NRL to clear said agreements, or at least try to.

The details in Today's paper no doubt come from the Breach notice and were put into the Sunday Paper to ensure maximum readership.

I would say there is at least 2 weeks more to go in this and if the club wants to pursue this outside of Todd Greenburg and the Integrity unit if the points penalty is greater that 4 we can take it to the NRL appeals committee, and who knows how long that will drag on for.

If such an appeal happens I would expect the clubs first press conference in many weeks on this issue outlining our case (Response to Breach notice) and why we are fighting the ruling.

Thanks mate. That makes sense.

Gronk

Staff member
He made it clear that he wasn't fitzy or the plumber so Gronk is immediately determined to white ant him before he knows anything more about it.

Get used to it merkin. Every member with half a brain will be very jumpy around anyone who throws their hat in the ring.

Once bit thrice shy. Can you blame us ?

Bigfella

Coach
Merkins like you who still apologise for one camp and write off every one else make me very suspicious.

You say this bloke doesn't las the sniff test but when anyone pointed out that Seward and sharp were dribbling idiots merkins like you called us three amigos?

You are an a grade hypocrite. You claim to be anti faction yet you've constantly bagged anyone who has tried to make a difference.

We should at least be listening to what blokes who have organised hundreds of signatures and proposing a board have to say without having merkins like you whiteanting them completely.

Then from the other side of the room we will get the brain dead chorus whiteanting independent board members because they don't have "passion" or some form of distorted nrl conspiracy theory - and next thing nothing will have changed.

We will be just like those stupid f**king Americans who keep getting shot in mass numbers and wondering why.

We will be getting why we deserve to some extent.

Gronk

Staff member
Merkins like you who still apologise for one camp and write off every one else make me very suspicious.

You say this bloke doesn't las the sniff test but when anyone pointed out that Seward and sharp were dribbling idiots merkins like you called us three amigos?

You are an a grade hypocrite. You claim to be anti faction yet you've constantly bagged anyone who has tried to make a difference.

We should at least be listening to what blokes who have organised hundreds of signatures and proposing a board have to say without having merkins like you whiteanting them completely.

Then from the other side of the room we will get the brain dead chorus whiteanting independent board members because they don't have "passion" or some form of distorted nrl conspiracy theory - and next thing nothing will have changed.

We will be just like those stupid f**king Americans who keep getting shot in mass numbers and wondering why.

We will be getting why we deserve to some extent.

You're yelling at clouds again. Who has tried to make a difference and is worthy of praise ? None. Everyone involved in the last 10 years have f**ked us over for personal gain or incompetence.

Hence why I and the rest of the members will be very cautious to ensure that there be no more wolves in sheeps clothing.

Kornstar

Coach
Just because the Emperor supports a ticket does that make them automatically evil (i can't believe i am even saying this by the way)?

As long as he isn't actually the CEO but supports them at least will get rid of him destabilising whoever is in power.

Him having a dictatorship was the problem imo.........

I don't know, i am just over it and want to watch the team on the field and not having to see us in the papers daily because someone has a gripe with whoever is in power........

Just because the Emperor supports a ticket does that make them automatically evil (i can't believe i am even saying this by the way)?

As long as he isn't actually the CEO but supports them at least will get rid of him destabilising whoever is in power.

the trouble is then every other faction will be out to whiteant that ticket because they are allied to him its like watching game of bloody thrones

Kornstar

Coach
the trouble is then every other faction will be out to whiteant that ticket because they are allied to him its like watching game of bloody thrones

Yeah but i think the Emperor has more power behind the scenes than anyone else. I also think he can take care of those minor factions.

Like i said, i am just over it and the lesser of all the evils in a sense might make a shit load of coverage go away......

The Negativity around this club, is just saddening.

We have a club that should be proud and united, yet before any verdict has been rendered, the natives are trying to storm the castle to get at those in charge.

All wound up by the media and rumour mungouring, Some times this club dead set shits me.

We have a bunch of middle aged fans who had success when they were young and invested hard, and now that we don't have success they are consistently throwing their toys out of the cot. We act like the least mature club in the league.

Ego might not be a dirty word in the Skyhooks song, but it is around this place. So many people have had their ego's bruised and are smarting for vengeance the club takes on the appearance of a nest of vipers.

Show me another club that would ask for outside people to come in and run the club? It is like putting up a huge sign saying "Incompetent Members!" it is admitting that those in the membership can't find seven among the 40,000 that could run this club that we love, won't someone please help us (imitates shrieking child).

We are a disgrace to ourselves and the league for acting the way we do.

strider

Post Whore
Didnt fitzy's issues with the current/outgoing board stem from him supporting them initially and expecting something in return, then when that didnt come - shit fight!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Didnt fitzy's issues with the current/outgoing board stem from him supporting them initially and expecting something in return, then when that didnt come - shit fight!!!

Then didn't the Paramount ticket form as some sort of a Spags/Fitzy coalition ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts