What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
Imagine having him as our Chairman - it really is a scary thought.
I watched him closely during the recent trip to Darwin and the only thing scarier than having him as Chairman would be having the former State member as Chairperson.
I wouldn't know them from a bar of soap. And I don't know bars of soap very well. All I really need to know is, from however many directors over the years, who cheated and you put a line through them, who pushed for all those CEOs in that time (I'll give Boulous a miss as he wasn't here long enough, unless he was cheating, but you could possibly add in Ando instead) plus Kearney & Stuart and you can put a line through them too, finally those who failed to capitalise on the vast amount of available TPs (because clearly there are a lot of them) and potentially turned out club into poison for those sponsors, line through them too.

Does that leave anyone?

Gronk

Staff member
What a deadset Clown with an ego to match, at least Jethro has taken his ego out of it and wants what's best for the club. This fool is all about himself.

IIRC he's an unemployed clown after administrators were appointed to the newly amalgamated Parra, Auburn, Hills, Hornsby & Holroyd councils. No doubt he will want to come out of this smelling like roses so he can get a job. Currently he is smelling like shit.

Oscarman

Juniors
Is Softprop saying we should bend over and take the punishment without challenging it at all? We should at the very least be challenging the assessment that all TPAs are included in the cap.

I think the points penalty won't end up as 12 - more likely 8 if we can prove some of the TPAs are legitimate.

ash411

Bench
Is Softprop saying we should bend over and take the punishment without challenging it at all? We should at the very least be challenging the assessment that all TPAs are included in the cap.

I think the points penalty won't end up as 12 - more likely 8 if we can prove some of the TPAs are legitimate.

I think they should be challenging any TPA that IS legit. If they have automatically counted all TPA's as if they're all bogus, then we should absolutely fight to get the legit ones taken from that figure.

Should that be the case, and the legit TPA's put us back under the cap, as of round 1, then we have grounds to argue that the 12 points isn't a fair punishment, as we weren't over the cap, and that's what they based the 12 points on.

I think that a points penalty may still be appropriate, just not as severe.

84 Baby

Referee

I think they should be challenging any TPA that IS legit. If they have automatically counted all TPA's as if they're all bogus, then we should absolutely fight to get the legit ones taken from that figure.

Should that be the case, and the legit TPA's put us back under the cap, as of round 1, then we have grounds to argue that the 12 points isn't a fair punishment, as we weren't over the cap, and that's what they based the 12 points on.

I think that a points penalty may still be appropriate, just not as severe.
If that did happen, and it's a planet size if, then the NRL will completely disintegrate their own integrity. Part of the reason why I don't think we'll ever see anything of substance regarding breach notice et al. Just imagine Peats' response if it was discovered we didn't need to send him on his way mid season

ash411

Bench
If that did happen, and it's a planet size if, then the NRL will completely disintegrate their own integrity. Part of the reason why I don't think we'll ever see anything of substance regarding breach notice et al. Just imagine Peats' response if it was discovered we didn't need to send him on his way mid season

Agreed. Although I don't think that the media would bother writing much about it, as it doesn't fit their narrative of the whole "saga".

They want Parra=bad, NRL=good. if anything happens to indicate otherwise, they will bury it, and only those looking for it will find out.

84 Baby

Referee
Agreed. Although I don't think that the media would bother writing much about it, as it doesn't fit their narrative of the whole "saga".

They want Parra=bad, NRL=good. if anything happens to indicate otherwise, they will bury it, and only those looking for it will find out.
If a story developed which would completely explode people within the NRL, at least one paper would write it to death, at least. It's only because a) we've done something that is or can be construed as wrong & b) we're an easier target that we're the ones in spotlight

We should at the very least be challenging the assessment that all TPAs are included in the cap.

frankly i'm more worried about the 650k slug to our cap for next year

Dibs

Bench
frankly i'm more worried about the 650k slug to our cap for next year

Me too. I have been wondering if they are not legitimate tpas is it possible for either not to pay them (obviously if the players agreed) or somehow have them replaced with legitimate tpas. I'm assuming these options are not possible as it is not being mentioned as an alternative but I am curious.

Gronk

Staff member
The liberal party software scam sounds a lot like salary cap TPA rorting.

Lib ministers throughout the land buy software from some company called Parakeelia with their Gov office allowance. The amount they pay is an inflated retail price. Parakeelia then "donate" the overs back to the LNP coffers to be used in campaigning etc.

Dibs

Bench
If we clear up this year, and get our points back, then we clear up next year, as well.

So we fight for our points back.

I like your positivity HJ and if there is some angle they can argue in our favour then I'm all for it but I don't think their is. Not that I know any facts so maybe I'm just pessimistic

Okay so I am going to write some stuff down and just take it as you will.

Courier Mail said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/rebels-win-control-of-eels/story-e6freon6-1111118312512

Club greats Brett Kenny, Eric Growth and Ray Price were the three highest polling candidates, with local property developer john Chidiac filling the forth and most crucial decision.

In a major shock long standing Eels chairman Alan Overton was voted off the board after 22 years of service.

The only three directors to be re elected were Ron Hilditch, Geoff Gerard and Dr Malcolm Johnson.

Then from what I remember after the 2009 election, where Roy and his team followed on with the election, Ron, and Dr Johno decided to step down, as well as Gerard who stood down from the club board to take up the clubs seat on the NSWRL board.

Now in 2010 or 11, that was questioned by Denis as the clubs member on the NSWRL board is supposed to be a member of the PDRLFC board.

I am unsure when Gerard was voted back onto the board.

This also means Gerard was on the board when Fitzy was CEO, as far as I remember, both boards.

So when we consider that most Eels fans agree the Fitzy board was not united behind Fitzy, and was split 3/4 in favour of Fitzy people, we have to ask what camp was Gerard in?

We have recently seen at least 2 people who supported Fitzy at board level make appearances on the news in relation to the salary cap investigation, so the question is who were the other 2.

My next musing is WHY THE f**k WOULD YOU GET RID OF THE ENTIRE BOARD.

So when we go back to our "Punishment" from the NRL, we understand that $250,000 of the 1M fine is to be suspended if the club can make changes by August and appoint independent board members.

To be independent they would have to be appointed by the NRL, not the club, not Geoff Gerard, and not by some f**king committee. INDEPENDENT means the NRL appoints them. So this EGM farce is exactly that a farce. You elect 7 new board members of the leagues club and even before they can talk about being part of the Eels they are removed from the Eels board by the NRL who get their 3 Independent directors.

Looking at board splits. If Gerard stays and the NRL get's their way, (3 NRL appointed directors) then we have a full board. The way Gerard has been speaking you would think he would agree with anything the NRL directors say. Most probably making him the Chair of the Eels.

But all this, is because we can't wait for the club to have its say.

Those asking for this, or having a go at anyone at the club for not standing aside immediatly are pretty much saying, "Yep fair cop, you got us oops"

I wonder if someone like "The Mountain" from Game of Thrones, came over to your house and said, In the name of the law, give me all your money and let me screw your wife because your neighbour said you were speeding last year. How many of you would say "Yep fair cop, you got us"?

Not only that but after he is done screwing your wife (and wiping his dick on the drapes) he says, "oh and by the way I want you to pay a fine of 5% of your wages for the next two years, or I will come back and screw your wife again!" I take it from the way some are talking you would be happy with that.

Next, the NRL said we were paying $850,000 in TPA's that were illegal till proven innocent.

Lets say, half of that, so $400,000 are legitimate, Then factor in the removal of Choc, Peates and Junior from our squad, We would have to be well under the cap for next year. Like somewhere between $500,000 - 750,0000. Instead of having us $650,000 over the cap next year, we should be under, and some of you are willing to cop that ?

WHAT THE f**k.

Seriously, this saga has hurt all of us. Hell I dreamt last night I was a footballer and was sold to Penrith, even though my life was at Parra, so yeah it is affecting everyone. But lets wait and see what happens in the wash up first before we go lynching people and running what might well be extraneous EGMs because we can't wait a week or more to get things sorted.

Last edited:

Dibs

Bench
Okay so I am going to write some stuff down and just take it as you will.

Then from what I remember after the 2009 election, where Roy and his team followed on with the election, Ron, and Dr Johno decided to step down, as well as Gerard who stood down from the club board to take up the clubs seat on the NSWRL board.

Now in 2010 or 11, that was questioned by Denis as the clubs member on the NSWRL board is supposed to be a member of the PDRLFC board.

I am unsure when Gerard was voted back onto the board.

This also means Gerard was on the board when Fitzy was CEO, as far as I remember, both boards.

So when we consider that most Eels fans agree the Fitzy board was not united behind Fitzy, and was split 3/4 in favour of Fitzy people, we have to ask what camp was Gerard in?

We have recently seen at least 2 people who supported Fitzy at board level make appearances on the news in relation to the salary cap investigation, so the question is who were the other 2.

My next musing is WHY THE f**k WOULD YOU GET RID OF THE ENTIRE BOARD.

So when we go back to our "Punishment" from the NRL, we understand that $250,000 of the 1M fine is to be suspended if the club can make changes by August and appoint independent board members.

To be independent they would have to be appointed by the NRL, not the club, not Geoff Gerard, and not by some f**king committee. INDEPENDENT means the NRL appoints them. So this EGM farce is exactly that a farce. You elect 7 new board members of the leagues club and even before they can talk about being part of the Eels they are removed from the Eels board by the NRL who get their 3 Independent directors.

Looking at board splits. If Gerard stays and the NRL get's their way, (3 NRL appointed directors) then we have a full board. The way Gerard has been speaking you would think he would agree with anything the NRL directors say. Most probably making him the Chair of the Eels.

But all this, is because we can't wait for the club to have its say.

Those asking for this, or having a go at anyone at the club for not standing aside immediatly are pretty much saying, "Yep fair cop, you got us oops"

I wonder if someone like "The Mountain" from Game of Thrones, came over to your house and said, In the name of the law, give me all your money and let me screw your wife because your neighbour said you were speeding last year. How many of you would say "Yep fair cop, you got us"?

Not only that but after he is done screwing your wife (and wiping his dick on the drapes) he says, "oh and by the way I want you to pay a fine of 5% of your wages for the next two years, or I will come back and screw your wife again!" I take it from the way some are talking you would be happy with that.

Next, the NRL said we were paying $850,000 in TPA's that were illegal till proven innocent.

Lets say, half of that, so $400,000 are legitimate, Then factor in the removal of Choc, Peates and Junior from our squad, We would have to be well under the cap for next year. Like somewhere between $500,000 - 750,0000. Instead of having us $650,000 over the cap next year, we should be under, and some of you are willing to cop that ?

WHAT THE f**k.

Seriously, this saga has hurt all of us. Hell I dreamt last night I was a footballer and was sold to Penrith, even though my life was at Parra, so yeah it is affecting everyone. But lets wait and see what happens in the wash up first before we go lynching people and running what might well be extraneous EGMs because we can't wait a week or more to get things sorted.

I was going to ask if it was the living mountain or the Frankenstein monster type mountain then realise it doesn't matter he is one scary merkin I'd probably offer to use the curtains to clean it for him and give him half my wage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts