What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antiques Roadshow: Merch and Collectables thread.

carcharias

Immortal
just scored 3 hand knitted sharks beanies off an old lady with a stall on the main st of Engadine.
$10 each bit I only had $20 and there was myseLf and my 2 boys , so she chucked 1 in for free.
classic old school nana knits.
cant believe the big fits me perfect and actually looks good on me.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

biff malibu

Juniors
I have an original Brewers Draft jersey from 88 or 89. It has a great story behind it. My Bro in law, at the time, played for the dragons (because of this my whole family were dragons fans, except for me. he now has 2 sons who play for the Bulldogs) and he swapped his jumper to some player from the under 23's, hence the jumper has a big 46 on it (if you recall back in those days the numbers literally went from no 1 up to whatever the last bloke on the bench for 23's wore, so the full back in reserves wore 16 etc). The jersey is awesome, full cotton, 3 quarter length sleeves and V neck line. It seemingly weighs a ton and would have been stifling to play in. I literally only wear it for special occasions so it is still in great shape. I have no idea how to post a photo, but I can email a pic to anyone who wants to see it!

jc155776

Coach
I was having a drunken train ride home post game conversation after the manly game with a mate who informed me the original 1967 Sharks jersey was in face brown. Is this true and if so where can one score such a jersey? Has anyone got a photo of this mysterious brown jersey??? Quigs?

Quigs

Immortal
I was having a drunken train ride home post game conversation after the manly game with a mate who informed me the original 1967 Sharks jersey was in face brown. Is this true and if so where can one score such a jersey? Has anyone got a photo of this mysterious brown jersey??? Quigs?

The sharks have always been skyblue black and white from 67 (with the exception of those far-can awful away jerseys).

I believe Popper mentioned something about CS playing in brown prior to being admitted to the Top Shelf comp.

We beat Wentworthville and Arncliffe Scots to be admitted I know that munch.

The Pennies had brown and white when they were admitted with us back in 67.

jc155776

Coach
So just to confirm we have never worn brown since being in the top flight but once previously did?

I need amp for my next pissed conversation with this mate.

Quigs

Immortal
Never wore brown as part of our official jesery in 67 - was the old white V with the endeavour badge on dah skyblue. Penrith had the rights to the browns. They were brown

1967%20mirror%20team%20card%20201205260009.jpg

Hey I am not sure pre 1967 ... it was the 2nd Div comp we were in back then.

Popper might know, but I can't confirm anything pre 67.

1967%20mirror%20team%20card%20201205260003.jpg

jc155776

Coach
Great photos quigs.

If Popper is around would love to low of this brown jersey stuff has any merit to it!

Cronulla were brown and gold when they played in the Sydney 2nd division

This is from wiki (yes I know, its wiki), but I had been told about this a long time ago.

Emblem and colours
For Cronulla's maiden season in first grade a teal jersey with a white V was adopted from the Cronulla Surf Life Saving Club despite Cronulla's chocolate and gold design in the Sydney 2nd Division competition. The team colours of black, white and teal changed to sky blue, with grey being incorporated during super league, and shortly after on the team's away strip.

The club wasn’t known as the Sharks' until after its initial admission into the competition. During Cronulla’s first season the crest featured a drawing of Captain Cook's ship the Endeavour. It is alleged that during the first season the club President suggested the 'Lions' while the captain Ken Kearney recommended the 'Sharks'. The mascot may have been named after the Cronulla Surf Club's rugby league teams of the 1970s.

From the late 1970s through to the late 1990s, the Sharks used a predominantly black circular crest with a blue shark. This was changed after Super League in 1997 to a blue and white star-shaped design. Between 1999–2002, the name was shortened to simply the "Sharks"[citation needed]. Since 2003, the name has since been changed back to the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and changed their logo again in 2004, which is currently in use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronulla-Sutherland_Sharks

bluefox1968

Juniors
Hey, QUIGS, have you considered doing a Manly t-shirt, given that they're our arch-enemies?

Also, what about a 'Cronullified' one - I give you the rights to use the term!

jc155776

Coach
Love the Unmerged shirt. Wearing it last year at the home game people were asking about it and wanting one. Stick it on the Friend Face will sell a heap!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Love the Unmerged shirt. Wearing it last year at the home game people were asking about it and wanting one. Stick it on the Friend Face will sell a heap!

It's on Fluffbook. Should put the price up there. Those fluffs years would pay $100 for a sniff of Humphrey's dirty jocks.

Latest posts