What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the proposal for the directors to be appointed based on merit (especially if the NRL have some input) is a reasonable and logical way to go. My only question is do the candidates have to be current voting members?

Unless they change the constitution then yes.

84 Baby

Referee
I don;t even think financial membership should be a requirement to be on the board.
I think you'll find financial membership (not necessarily the 3 year nonsense) is a requirement of the Incorporated Associations & Registered Clubs acts

Gronk

Staff member
3 year membership is to prevent branch stacking. Otherwise you could have merkins signing up their Italian relatives. Oh wait.

Firstly, stick your stupid f**king eye rolling icon up your f**king arse

Secondly, don't assert that I am supporting them. I want to know who they are and what they are proposing. I am not ruling them or anyone else out. I am certainly not "supporting" them and it is completelyt disingenuous of you to suggest I am.

The fact that agitators like you and hj are already whiteanting them makes me incredibly suspicious.

The usual grubby little knives are out.

As for the merit based proposal these are my concerns:

1. Can we trust the third party consultants - how do we know they aren't a favoured group capable of being influenced behind the scenes?

2. Sounds like too much discretion being left in the hands of Gerard to me.

3. It's not clear to me what this means for future elections etc.

4. I still think constitutional reform needs to be a priority. I don;t even think financial membership should be a requirement to be on the board. Do you have to have shares in BHP to be on theior board or do they simply appoint the best candidates they can take from the market? if three year membership to a pokie lounge is the one requirement we will keep getting what we deserve

Well said!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts