What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
With Keary going to the Roosters I would make a play for Jackson Hastings. I reckon he could become a top shelf hooker. Has all the skills and is defensively very sound.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hey Avenger inagine if it was the dogs who cheated.....What would the Parra faithfull on here be saying?

I'd be having a laugh and saying suck shit you got caught.
I was pretty stunned when they got done in 2002. I was disappointed in the Storm when they got found out in 2010. But now it seems there isn't a level playing field across the League, no matter how much those in charge like to promote its evenness. I'm sick and tired of being a laughing stock. I've had enough. I just want to win games and hopefully a Premiership. If it takes a few dodgy TPA's in order to do that (like I am sure is what the Cowboys, Roosters, Broncos, Bulldogs, Storm, etc have) then so be it.

You say we can't prove if those clubs are actually doing it? Well then hopefully you won't be able to prove that we are as well. Like I said, do the dodgy...but this time do it better.

IFR33K

Coach
The Dogs and Storm copped it big time and were eradicated by the NRL for the whole season. Sensationally we can still make the 8. We got off lightly.

I disagree. Dogs and storm the following years were fine. We will still be penalised for 2017 and 18 to a lesser extent.

T.S Quint

Coach
The Dogs and Storm copped it big time and were eradicated by the NRL for the whole season. Sensationally we can still make the 8. We got off lightly.

The Dogs and Storm both won comps 2 years after.
Do you think we will be doing the same unless we play their game?

T.S Quint

Coach
But how will you know we aren't cheating?
You wouldn't have had a clue this year, and would have happily accepted a Premiership win, if we hadn't been found out. Am I right?

Avenger

Immortal
You wouldn't have had a clue this year, and would have happily accepted a Premiership win, if we hadn't been found out. Am I right?

And would have accepted if we were exposed later. Better this way.

Last Week

Bench

Ask any seasoned Bulldogs fan if the 02 win feels as good as 95.
Or Storm fans if 12 feels as good as 99.

If we win the comp in 2018, it won't be as satisfying as we have players from an illegally assembled squad.

Same deal with the Storm today. The core of their squad was illegally assembled. If they won again any time soon, the legitimacy of it would be questioned still.

I still reserve judgement and hope that we've proven that the cheating isn't anywhere near as bad as being made out.

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't think the Storm or Dogs fans give a f**k.
In fact I know a lot of Dogs fans and they feel pretty damn good about their 2004 win.
Those clubs had won recent premierships. We haven't won for 30 f**king years. I'll feel pretty damn good about a win no matter what, I reckon.

Yes, but I don't think that was the intention of the board. I think that's stuff that they inherited, either from Edwards or Seward and failed to disclose once they found about it. From what I can decipher, all the board was trying to do was set up the Premiership club, ie. an avenue for players to be introduced to sponsors and to keep introducing them to more potential sponsors until the required "quota" of TPA was reached for that player. As per the minutes, sailing as close to breaking the rules as possible, but given the ambiguity in the wording of the rules, could argue either way whether it's legal or not.

Previous boards / Seward may well have ingrained a certain 'culture', but the deals that are the subject of the current investigation were under the remit of the current board. If the stuff apparently discussed on the 'board tapes' is confirmed, I'm not sure how one could blame that on past boards. We had a chance to come clean during last years investigation, and seemingly weren't smart or honest enough to do that. Of particular concern are the allegations regarding paying invoices that were known to be false or deliberately overstated.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Previous boards / Seward may well have ingrained a certain 'culture', but the deals that are the subject of the current investigation were under the remit of the current board. If the stuff apparently discussed on the 'board tapes' is confirmed, I'm not sure how one could blame that on past boards. We had a chance to come clean during last years investigation, and seemingly weren't smart or honest enough to do that. Of particular concern are the allegations regarding paying invoices that were known to be false or deliberately overstated.

Not under the remit/direction of the board. The issue is that the board was made aware of these issues which weren't done under their remit but instead of disclosing it, swept it under the carpet.

I think we're essentially saying the same thing. Only difference is whether or not the board was the orchestrator.

ash411

Bench
Schubert's got knowledge we could use but I'm worried that he may still have too much respect for the salary cap, after all he spent nearly 20 years policing it. We need someone who is prepared to put their heart and soul into the kind of cheating that our club needs to be competitive. Our new CEO needs to understand that the NRL don't punish you for cheating, they punish you for getting caught. They know perfectly well that most clubs are cheating and, as long as they are discreet about it, are just fine with it. Better than fine actually, as it helps to keep the star players in the game. So I think we need to do what's good for our club and for the game, and aim to be the best cheats the game has never seen.

I actually think this is a huge asset.

If you know the rule book back to front, and in fact policed it for years, you know every loophole and every point where the rules bend.

With Schuey on board, we could be as dodgy as possible without actually breaking any rules and the NRL wouldn't be able to touch us. I think that will be extremely valuable to us.

I'm excited that he's interested in staying on, and I hope they find him something permanent, be it CEO or some other position in the club.

yy_cheng

Coach
I actually think this is a huge asset.

If you know the rule book back to front, and in fact policed it for years, you know every loophole and every point where the rules bend.

With Schuey on board, we could be as dodgy as possible without actually breaking any rules and the NRL wouldn't be able to touch us. I think that will be extremely valuable to us.

I'm excited that he's interested in staying on, and I hope they find him something permanent, be it CEO or some other position in the club.

not only that, he knows how the other teams are doing it. So if we set it up correctly like they have, We're all doing the same way with improvements by Schubert

Actually Schubert should consult himself to all teams on how to setup these structures. Eventually, the NRL will have to change the tpa rules

ash411

Bench
not only that, he knows how the other teams are doing it. So if we set it up correctly like they have, We're all doing the same way with improvements by Schubert

Actually Schubert should consult himself to all teams on how to setup these structures. Eventually, the NRL will have to change the tpa rules

I think I'd prefer that we stay within the rules though. Even with us being dobbed on by those waiting in the wings, we wouldn't have been in trouble if we hadn't been breaking rules.

You can bend all you like, hell, bend to a 90 degree angle for all I care, as long as we don't actually break them, then we are totally sweet and the old boys can whinge to the DT all they like, as long as we are ok with the NRL, the rest doesn't matter.

Oscarman

Juniors
I don't think the Storm or Dogs fans give a f**k.
In fact I know a lot of Dogs fans and they feel pretty damn good about their 2004 win.
Those clubs had won recent premierships. We haven't won for 30 f**king years. I'll feel pretty damn good about a win no matter what, I reckon.

Cannot agree more with this. I wouldn't really care if it was taken off us later - it's all about the feeling on the night of the GF when your team wins it.

Gronk

Staff member
THE battle for Semi Radradra’s signature isn’t just confined to football clubs with rival player managers circling the Parramatta Eels star.

Amid revelations in The Daily Telegraph that Radradra had potentially missed out on thousands of dollars in lucrative playing and commercial bonuses, a number of agents are believed to be interested in teaming up with the Fijian flyer in a move that could help keep him in the NRL.

Radradra is currently on a $250,000-a-year deal at Parramatta that expires at the end of 2017.

The 24-year-old has developed into a cult figure in the NRL, having scored 10 tries so far this season — including a brilliant 90m solo effort in last Friday’s 30-12 win over South Sydney.

Radradra has flown out to Fiji to visit family, with reports he told Parramatta he would quit the club for a rich deal in French rugby — something the Eels deny — it’s believed part of the problem is he isn’t maximising his commercial appeal in Australia.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal a number of agents are trying to convince Radradra to sever ties with his manager, George Christodoulou, who has been conspicuously silent since reports emerged of the Eels star’s unhappiness.

Some of the most high-profile NRL agents believe could better serve Radradra in securing him more lucrative deals that would go some

However, under NRL rules a player can’t leave their manager if he is still under contract.

The only way a player could break their binding contract is if he had a clause inserted into his deal.

But that hasn’t stopped player managers from trying to reach out to Radradra behind the scenes.

Radradra has become one of the hottest properties in the game, but is still only contracted to earn $250,000 next year with the Eels, who are currently working through a plan to upgrade his contract to match his market value.

His value has continued to increase, especially after representing the Kangaroos in last month’s Test against New Zealand. While he earned $20,000 in match payments during his Australian debut, it’s understood Radradra didn’t have representative bonus clauses built into his NRL contract.

In comparison, South Sydney star and Kangaroos teammate Greg Inglis has a sponsorship deal with Powerade and is an ANZ Stadium ambassador. There have also been suggestions Radradra’s management missed a lucrative opportunity to have him become the face of Fiji Airways — a role since accepted by Jarryd Hayne.

This year, Parramatta were contacted by airline representatives keen to sign the Fijian winger. They even passed on details of his management team, however no deal was done.

Christodoulou failed to return The Daily Telegraph’s calls.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a/news-story/965b497faff32b2cb42dca67326e5873

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts