What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supports what I said on the weekend - this is all down to a lazy player manager who missed the plane so to speak and is now scrambling to make up lost cash by talking up RU options in order to get us back to the negotiation table.
you would think if his manager isn't doing things in his best interests then he would be able top break his contract with him.
Would still have to pay commission on the deals he did til they expire but any new deals would be with a new manager.
Sack him Semi!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
. Radradra leaving Eels after Sharks clash: new report

Semi Radradra will leave the Eels to take up a nine-month contract in French rugby after playing in Parramatta’s round 17 NRL clash with the Cronulla Sharks, according to a new report.

Radradra’s older sister confirmed to Fiji Times that her brother was exiting the Eels for personal reasons, which was first reported by 9News on Saturday after the Parramatta winger had left Australia having been granted permission to visit his family in Fiji by the club.

"Semi had discussed his move (to French rugby) with my parents and we are supporting him 100 per cent," Vaseva Waqavatu said.

Radradra will return to Sydney for Parramatta’s match with the Cronulla Sharks on July 2nd, according to his sister.

There were reports that the Eels were considering allowing him to play rugby in France from August until April next year if he then returned to sign a three-year deal with Parramatta.

The Eels issued a statement on Saturday night saying that the club expected Radradra to return for the Cronulla match and honour his contract for the next two years.

"The Parramatta Eels can confirm that Semi Radradra has been granted permission to return to Fiji for a short family visit during the bye round," the statement said.

"He is expected to return to Sydney in time to prepare for the club's next NRL game against Cronulla.

"Semi Radradra is contracted to play for Parramatta Eels until the end of the 2017 season, and has given no indication that the contract will not be honoured."

Radradra’s exit from the Eels has been compared to Sonny Bill Williams’ infamous mid-season walkout from the Bulldogs in 2008.

During his time in the NRL, Radradra has been providing financial support for his unwell father in Fiji.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/06/21/09/19/radradra-leaving-eels-after-sharks-clash-new-report

IFR33K

Coach
No word from semi or his management. But from his sister??? What's the point of returning for the Sharks game??

Gronk

Staff member
How exciting is this?! This season is f**ken awesome!!

If it means that we get Semi back in April 2017 on a new 3 year deal, then it is awesome.

Simply put, if Semi continued on the trajectory that he is on, he would no doubt be the hottest running back in any code in the world. If we can somehow keep him in the NRL it would be a major coup. A 9 month sabbatical during a season that is written off anyway is really not a problem.

Dibs

Bench
What pisses me off the most is a broncos fan sledged me about semi leaving yesterday and I just laughed at him and said you believe everything you read. If it turns out to be true I'll never hear the end of it from this knob

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As if his sister knows what's going on. At her end all she'll be hearing is move to French rugby = $$$. Of course she thinks it's that simple.

But from Semi's point of view, if he wants to become an Australian citizen (like his son) then he needs to stay in Australia, and if he's going to do that he needs to honour his contract.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well ch 9 and their checkbook journalism arent exactly know for their accurate reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.