What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Jennings was bought for the short term benefit, at the expense of long term pain (or at least lack of benefit). With the Roosters subsidising him this year he would be fantastic value. Shame about the impending loss of points.

Anyway, there's no good reason we paid Jennings overs in future years. The problem is he is worth a lot (for an outside back) and even if he is only paid what he is worth, it is more than we needed to spend on anybody at his position.

Pou, if he is on a cent more than $500K it isn't money well spent.

jk13

First Grade
I reckon Jennings rep career is nearly up, sadly we can't restructure contracts like the nfl when a players value is changing. Hes got hoppa syndrome

TheRam

Coach
Does anyone know what is happening at board level? When do we clear the decks and get a new one? Who is in charge now?

We need to get someone like Bernie Gurr in as soon as possible to start the ball rolling on Semi and Hayne otherwise we may lose the opportunity forever.

I believe Semi would stay if we had someone of that calibre running the club. Also we should seriously convince him to ditch his manager who can't do jack for him and steer him to Wayne Beavis's stable or the like. Surely it can't be that hard to convince him that his management is shite.

As for Hayne, the NRL, will look more favorably on us and finding ways to fit him in if we were under new and approved management. But there is no hope in hell for them to do us any favours if we are still a basket case and no major changes have taken place.

But this holding pattern is killing us.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jennings still best centre in game....Mansour indecision in defense made jennings look bad.

Chipmunk

Coach
BREAKING: @chicko9 signs with @leedsrhinos until end of 2018 but has option to leave in December should he find an #NRL club. @7NewsSydney

https://twitter.com/josh_massoud/status/745446470984163328

@chicko9 = Segeyaro.

I see that in the deal Segeyaro will go to Leeds and Zak Hardaker will move to the Panthers, which is an interesting buy for them. Hardaker is a fullback, so you'd think that they will have to move Moylan to Five-eighth.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/77edb2254550383b9b761835bb6fb415

ash411

Bench
BA is a great coach but he went on the vinegar stroke too quickly with Jennings. Despite me thinking he is overrated I can see the argument for Foran but not Jennings.

Agreed, I think we should do what Avenger suggests and offload Jennings so we can upgrade Foran, lock him up for the next 5 years.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is Jenkovich the new scapegoat ?

Thought he has been pretty good for us, especially in defence. Having Scott / Jennings on either side has made a big difference defensively compared to last year.

Attack is still a work in progress but considering all the new combinations and injuries that is expected.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm happy enough for Jennings to be around for the next 3 years, but only on the following 2 conditions;

* he needs to lose a few kilos and stay that way
* he gets paid no more than 450-500K

I doubt the latter is any chance of happening, but BA should at least be getting him to shed some weight and get back to being somewhere near the player he was signed to be. It's not too late for him, I think he can turn it around, but he needs a rocket IMO

I'm happy enough for Jennings to be around for the next 3 years, but only on the following 2 conditions;

* he needs to lose a few kilos and stay that way
* he gets paid no more than 450-500K

I doubt the latter is any chance of happening, but BA should at least be getting him to shed some weight and get back to being somewhere near the player he was signed to be. It's not too late for him, I think he can turn it around, but he needs a rocket IMO

So how do you propose re-negotiating his existing contract so that he gets paid less?

Incorrect

Coach
So how do you propose re-negotiating his existing contract so that he gets paid less?

Nah, I'm not saying that we should try, I know it won't happen. I was kind of saying, hypothetically, let's say his deal with us was up at the end of this season and we were negotiating to extend right now, that's what I'd be doing...

I probably worded the first post wrong when I said "I doubt the latter is any chance of happening". What I meant by that was, I don't actually knwo how much he's due to get paid next year and the year after, but I assume it's more than 450-500K...

Latest posts