What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap Mk V

Gronk

Staff member
Gadiel pens legal letter against fan site owner and members council rep

NICK TABAKOFF, Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph

NRL crisis club the Parramatta Eels are rapidly descending into civil war — with director Tanya Gadiel penning a sensational legal letter against a key agitator trying to overthrow the Eels board.

Ms Gadiel, the former MP for Parramatta, claims she has been denigrated by Eels fans as a “toxic cancer at the club” capable of only running a “caravan park mobile brothel”.

In a letter to beleaguered Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp, obtained by The Daily Telegraph, Ms Gadiel accuses Phil Sim, owner of popular Parramatta fan site 1Eyed Eel, of “vilification, harassment and damages to my reputation … directly intended to bring my position as a club director into disrepute”.

She demands disciplinary action, and reserves the right to pursue Mr Sim and Eels members council representative Matt Hollier in “civil (court) proceedings”.

Ms Gadiel says in the letter that 1Eyed Eel’s publication of a private Facebook Messenger conversation between herself and Mr Hollier a month ago attracted “vile statements by others on the feed” that had “created significant harm and distress to me as a female board director and person of good standing in the community”.

She claims the incendiary comments came from 1Eyed Eel contributors who responded to a blog by Mr Hollier.

Following the publication of the exchange on the site by Mr Hollier, under the pseudonym Muttman, Ms Gadiel called him “a disgrace”, and told him: “You have just defamed me via 1 eyed eels. I won’t be taking this lightly.”

The exchange continued:

Hollier: “I think you have bigger things to worry about than me Tanya. I haven’t defamed you or anyone. For the sake of the club, you all should graciously step aside now.”

Gadiel: “You have a lot to worry about mate.”

Hollier: “Don’t threaten me, Tanya. You’re not helping yourself.”

Ms Gadiel claims it was the public release of her private exchanges with Mr Hollier that led to her “vilification”.

Her legal letter comes weeks after Mr Hollier himself made an official complaint to the club about the same exchange with Ms Gadiel.

Calls to Ms Gadiel last night were not returned.

Mr Sim struck a conciliatory tone: “If she is upset by any of the posts, we’re happy to take them down.’’
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...p/news-story/0aaae4530271f6800b28198cc6b0e128

Gronk

Staff member
Who in their right mind would pick up the phone and feed +NICK TABAKOFF, Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph+ with a story ?

Gronk

Staff member
What exactly is an "Editor at Large" ?

Sounds like he gets paid per piece..

An editor or writer who contributes to a publication but is not part of the full-time staff.

Basically, an E-A-L, is a talented, well respected individual, who is given flexibility to contribute where he felt the need, work with / whom they want, and write what they want.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So nothing to do with the size of his rear end then.

The "well respected" bit may be questionable.

Kornstar

Coach
Thank f**k the points will come off soon! Just get it over with so we can all move on.

#overit

Stagger eel

Staff member
Who in their right mind would pick up the phone and feed +NICK TABAKOFF, Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph+ with a story ?

obviously the same person who accused our ex CEO of being seen at the races with the said journo..

Please go away Tanya :roll:

Thank f**k the points will come off soon! Just get it over with so we can all move on.

#overit

There's still the path through the Appeals Committee that needs to take place. That could add a few more weeks onto the date of finalisation.

On top of that, there's the possibility that we find grounds to take it to an actual court. I'd assume that would be expedited, if it was to occur, but that would still mean a date somewhere towards the back of August.

phantom eel

First Grade
There's still the path through the Appeals Committee that needs to take place.
Unless they only dock us four points, which can't be appealed. Or unless they find some way to dock us more points, but in multiples of unappealable 4 point separate penalties for separate misdemeanours....

On top of that, there's the possibility that we find grounds to take it to an actual court. I'd assume that would be expedited, if it was to occur, but that would still mean a date somewhere towards the back of August.
Still dreaming? There is no "we" at the club anymore, just a rump of remaining Directors that really should be concentrating on ensuring the stability for the future governance of the club, rather than tilting at judicial windmills.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...o/news-story/c432d991e19be8c85e2428f40aa35039

CONFRONTING PARRAMATTA’S PLAYING GROUP

Having all but dashed Parramatta’s hopes of returning to the finals for the first time since 2009, Greenberg fronted the players to tell them he would strip them of 12 competition points because the club had cheated the salary cap.

“It was a difficult moment,” he said. “It was the right thing to do, to confront the players and give them the reasons. I was determined to do that. I know full well what the players had put themselves through to get up for a game and the work they put into the off-season. It was one of the most difficult conversations I’ve had in my career.”

The Eels can still hold onto all their competition points — for now — as the NRL considers individual appeals from their “gang of five” officials plus the club’s separate appeal.

“We’re talking about detailed documents,” Greenberg said. “We need to be professional about the way we handle it. I don’t want to be putting time frames on it. I won’t be rushed. We’re talking weeks, not months (for a decision).”

Unless they only dock us four points, which can't be appealed. Or unless they find some way to dock us more points, but in multiples of unappealable 4 point separate penalties for separate misdemeanours....

If the NRL can pull that off then they're smarter than I thought.

Don't give them ideas.

Still dreaming? There is no "we" at the club anymore, just a rump of remaining Directors that really should be concentrating on ensuring the stability for the future governance of the club, rather than tilting at judicial windmills.
This is what saddens me the most, in a way. We're broken and rudderless, now, and seemingly without the ability to fight back, even if we have grounds to do so.

For example, who would organise and drive a course through the Appeals Committee? Would anyone have faith in any of those left to do so, let alone to do it competently?

Ohhhhh poor toddy.... its all about how hard it is for you mate

Im sure you will cry in yourcornflakes one morning and thenmove on - while everyone else deals withthe shit sandwich the rest of their career

You've got to feel for the guy. The way these journos hold him down and beat him until he gives them a positive quote about himself... it's just awful.

still no news on when the points are coming off? are they going to wait until round 26 just to maximize our pain & suffering before the axe falls