What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

How funny is that old bastard Stan from Tweed Heads? I don't think he's ever rung in without half a dozen shandies under his belt.

nomis88

Juniors
Still, I got a chuckle yesterday, they did a playback ad for John Laws in Talkin Sport, it was a caller named Susan who was saying Lawsy doesn't want to hear from the common folk anymore, and he goes straight back "I'm talking to you aren't I?" Next caller on Talkin Sport.... HOOIII GOUUUYSSSS, its Sue. And I swear to God, its the same voice as Susan. The hosts were obviously super interested in the ad they just played because they never thought to ask if she was Susan from the John Laws show as well.

Yes I have heard that ad too and I think it is definitely her.

taipan

Referee
Dropping the G in talking,sums it up.A show for bogans and helpless gimps after a couple of minutes of fame on radio.

A show for those with hellishly low IQs.

Makes Kardashians look intelligent.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Someone yesterday rang up and said that after the brexit vote it will be great because Australia will now beat England in the medal count as Britain will be split up into its parts e.g England, Wales. Thats not what the vote is about. But of most concern was that papworth seemed to agree with him and didn't pull him up on his mistake. Cmon??? Head in the sand stuff

Then later they couldn't work out why a caller was called dragon79??? "Did the dragons have a good year in 79?"

Two month ban, I'm out

Generalzod

Immortal
Someone yesterday rang up and said that after the brexit vote it will be great because Australia will now beat England in the medal count as Britain will be split up into its parts e.g England, Wales. Thats not what the vote is about. But of most concern was that papworth seemed to agree with him and didn't pull him up on his mistake. Cmon??? Head in the sand stuff

Then later they couldn't work out why a caller was called dragon79??? "Did the dragons have a good year in 79?"

Two month ban, I'm out

The bloke who said he'll throw away his St George membership

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
I had forgotten how bad this show was. To have 4 decent personalities talking sport 4 hours a day, 5 days a week would be near impossible, but to have those personalities doing it is a punish to listen to. The drunk fools from rural areas who ring up just about makes this a trainwreck.

Tunks is the worst. Only knows rugby league and even it has pased him by now. He is so bad you don't know when he's joking, being sarcastic or trying to be serious.

Iafeta

Referee
What a weird call. Had to be a gee up. Lexy called in this afternoon with a message for Fonzy - Dads doing ok post surgery. Apparently Lexy and Fonzy are estranged siblings. WTF is up with that? So Lexy starts talking about how they're estranged but she still loves him, and of course the Talkin Sport team have a nice friendly convo with her. What it had to do with sport, or how lame you have to be to go on a sports talkback show to communicate with your brother about your parents health, I don't know. Super strange.

FlameThrower

Bench
I had forgotten how bad this show was. To have 4 decent personalities talking sport 4 hours a day, 5 days a week would be near impossible, but to have those personalities doing it is a punish to listen to. The drunk fools from rural areas who ring up just about makes this a trainwreck.

Tunks is the worst. Only knows rugby league and even it has pased him by now. He is so bad you don't know when he's joking, being sarcastic or trying to be serious.

Agree, the quality of callers and topics raised are poor. Far too many old guys who sound drunk, talking about some random player from 1970's that played reserves in country rugby league, that was apparently the most gifted player ever to strap on boots!

Iafeta

Referee
That's Angry Stan to a tee. I don't know why it has to be such open talkback. I like the American sports shows, two blokes who can hold a conversation for 15 minutes rather than get bogan drunks on. These hosts are fairly ordinary

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
The same fools ring in day after day to say g'day... lol

The show is genuinely a punish befitting the stature of the radio station. "Hello I'm Asshh.. ley Millllls." lol

drago brelli

Bench
The news bulletins after 3pm are interesting. The station had a girl on who couldn't pronounce Ballina correctly. She also said the All Ords was up 16 when it started the day down 50 and never got above 50. I think the station has Year 9 girls or work experience girls in charge.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
That's Angry Stan to a tee. I don't know why it has to be such open talkback. I like the American sports shows, two blokes who can hold a conversation for 15 minutes rather than get bogan drunks on. These hosts are fairly ordinary

Gavin Robertson couldnt hold a conversation about sport for 20 secs...esp based on league.

Graham, did you like that song Graham, you probably dont know the name of that song do you Graham. Graham did you know my band 6 and out played on the weekend Graham? Come on Graham, i told you on Friday Graham.

I would rather listen to 35 mins of Angry Stan, Adrian, Sue, Bruiser and Confused.

TonyT6

Bench
The news bulletins after 3pm are interesting. The station had a girl on who couldn't pronounce Ballina correctly. She also said the All Ords was up 16 when it started the day down 50 and never got above 50. I think the station has Year 9 girls or work experience girls in charge.

i work in finance and have the markets on tv in front of me, when she said the market was up I had to look at the screen and no its down over 1%? i wonder what she has been handed or is reading from

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Gavin Robertson couldnt hold a conversation about sport for 20 secs...esp based on league.

Graham, did you like that song Graham, you probably dont know the name of that song do you Graham. Graham did you know my band 6 and out played on the weekend Graham? Come on Graham, i told you on Friday Graham.

I would rather listen to 35 mins of Angry Stan, Adrian, Sue, Bruiser and Confused.

Don't forget Brickhead. Ah the good ol' days at some local park footy comp in the 70's, or winning $10 at the TAB on Gerald Condon's recommendations.

Latest posts