What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes NSW must make.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
so we just persist with the 3rd best nsw fullback for the next few years because he hasn't played that bad?

He adds a short kicking game which is class. His kick for Jennings to f**k up was fantastic and the type of play NSW has lacked over the years

3rd best fullback or not, that's subjective, but we need the type of player he is

Vic Mackey

Referee
He adds a short kicking game which is class. His kick for Jennings to f**k up was fantastic and the type of play NSW has lacked over the years

3rd best fullback or not, that's subjective, but we need the type of player he is

Moylan was fcking garbage, and I wanted him picked.

He runs away from bombs (although watching how he contests them that's probably fair enough), he's fullback runs are soft (Got driven back from 10m out), positioning for gagais try off thurstons grubber wasn't first grade standard, e doesn't support the ball carrier, created nothing in attack and in general looked completely out of place in both games

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

I could be wrong but I'm certain Maloney did the grubber for jennings

I just checked and it was Maloney, so the one good thing you're trying to say Moylan did in 2 whole games he didn't even do.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I'm certain Maloney did the grubber for jennings

I just checked and it was Maloney, so the one good thing you're trying to say Moylan did in 2 whole games he didn't even do.

Hes talking about the short bomb you dunce.

Look I rate Teddy the best fullback in the state but your hate for Moylan is pathetic and ridiculous

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hes talking about the short bomb you dunce.

Look I rate Teddy the best fullback in the state but your hate for Moylan is pathetic and ridiculous

Hate? I had moylan in my team even when Tedesco was fit. Go back and look in the other thread.

I thought his ball playing would make up for the lack of creativity from our halves. Boy was I wrong.

Panthers fans tears and trying to defend his shithose performances is what's pathetic.

Last edited:
QLD exposed Moylan this year.
Clubs now have him figured out too. I predict a huge decline for Moylan if he isn't moved to 5/8 soon.

ram raid

Bench
Haven't read all the thread but here's my 3 cents. Just another very frustrating game for NSW where crucial bounces of the ball didn't go their way. I don't like cliches but it feels appropriate to say "winners make their own luck". The (lack of) consistency from NSW's forwards has been a 10 year headache. How many times has it happened? Fifita, Klemmer, Tamou, Woods, every time NSW find an answer to Matt Scott he goes limp in the very next game. Jennings and Fergo picked a great night to have shit games too. Every time, every year, the players don't stand up when they need to. Walker was a gamble that didn't pay off so selectors need to wear that one. Moylan I'm not sure about. His size did look a bit small back there at times, and I was hoping for more, but then again I was hoping for a lot. Maybe Tedesco is NSW's best FB but NSW can't afford to let a chance like Moylan go. If Tedesco is going to be the future NSW fullback I think it's worth considering Moylan in the halves. Given the lack of star halves to pick from it's not the most radical idea. I thought Reynolds and Maloney combined well - much better than in game well. It's a shame Reynolds didn't bring his best kicking to Origin but that's no big deal (forward-looking), we know he can kick. He looked comfortable on the stage and in the absence of a star half emerging I'd be happy with him as NSW's answer to Cronk. For those blaming him for the penalty - Thaidai grabbed his balls. I know it's only an accusation but how could you not believe him? Reynolds is the most placid dude in the in the NRL he's not likely to start making up wild stories now. Well done Sammy you absolute f**kwit. Maloney .. did some stupid things but tried his heart out and you always know he's capable of bringing out a big play. I can't fault him. Farah, like Gallen I would like to never play in blue again (or at all for that matter). I can't explain why. It must be personal. Bird (Greg) I have no problem with but I'd still like him to f**k off. Frizell .. nothing needs to be said. What a champ. Jackson I like. People criticise him for not running enough meters but he's there to tackle which he does quietly and without ado. Jack Bird, who knows.

Everyone wants a solution to beat QLD but they are just a better team. They have Smith, Cronk, Thurston and Inglis and NSW don't. Their forwards don't have bad games - they have good games or great games. NSW's pack is like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. Oh well. On to next year.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Lol everyone bar penrith fans and the joke nsw selectors think teddy is the better fullback

jog on

A fair few of our people are on your side actually. For what it's worth, the series is over now, I don't care what they do. It'd be nice to have MM for the Sharks game. But I do think Daley will stick to his side. Maybe next year, if your boy is still going OK.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol everyone bar penrith fans and the joke nsw selectors think teddy is the better fullback

jog on

I don't think the selectors believe moylan is a better fullback, it had been widely reported By those in the know Teddy had the gig til he got injured. After giving MM game 1 IMO you couldn't bring Teddy in as it would have further disturbed an already inexperienced structure.

I still think they'll pick Moylan for game 3, and if they do I'll be cheering him and hoping he has a great game in a NSW victory.

Mitchell Pearce has a well established combination with James "Intercept" Maloney from their days at the Roosters winning a Grand Final and three League Leaders shields.

There are no other options. Matt Moylan was exposed. Adam Reynolds is crocked. Craig Gower has retired. Pearce is the only solution.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Holy f**k some people are dumb. There is no way known Moylan should be dropped. He is straight up the most skillful player we have. If Reynolds isn't available, move him to the halves. Watch the way he plays for Penrith: he is more of a half than a fullback anyway. Just don't restrict him to one side of the field. Frankly I'm surprised Hook hasn't shifted him yet.

Latest posts