What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who perform around contract time

Wizardman

First Grade
I find with a lot of good players, they don't seem to be at their absolute best around contract time.
Then again, there are those guys who underperform for a majority of their contract and all of a sudden spark up in their final year.
I've watched Tony Williams play for the last two weeks....he seems like a new man compared to the rest of his Bulldog stint. T-Rex has been like that for his whole career....plays great around off-contract time.

Any other guys who follow this pattern?

user_nat

Coach
After tonight you could say Gillett.. been great all year. Signed this week and was pretty bad tonight.

BranVan3000

Coach
While he is still a good player week to week, I've seen John Sutton have some insanely good performances right around contract time. Dave Tyrrell has been another in the past, though he is too broken to be capable of it anymore

Chris Sandow was another

Spot On

Coach
Believe it or not...... Kade Snowden seemed to play well leading up to contract time. Then........

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
T-Rex... Never seen anything like it. Plays like a beast. Then .... gone... This thread was over when you said him.

Card Shark

Immortal
Great that Benji is playing so well now.

(oust) Doust will sign him for 3 more years to keep the fans happy...

Can't wait for the resigning, then the drop off in performance.

Emu01

Juniors
Definitely Benji Marshall.He has been shocking for ages and now his career is on the line, he is playing like a dead set super star.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
no different to any standard non-football organisation - watch the performance of people improve in the couple of months lead up to performance / pay review time..