What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R16 - SUN - Storm 29-20 Wests Tigers @ AAMI

Round 16: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
We are surely the dumbest football team in the comp. Storm have been gifted so many opportunities in the first half

Vic Mackey

Referee
Good second half and if the team wasn't soft as shit we would have been a real chance at winning

Taylor selecting ET at hooker is still disgraceful

TimmyB

Juniors
Melbourne take so many voluntary tackles and then are allowed to get up and play the ball. There was one wuere Cronk took a voluntary tackle and then got up and soon as he was touched. They no longer pay dirty at least, but they are still the masters of controlling the ruck speed, wjether earned or not.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigers didn't deserve to win and like I said at halftime it wasn't the refs fault we were down 26-0, it was how we responded to the calls

Got a few lucky calls in the second half but it was 2nd against 12th so I would have thought the storm would have been good enough to counter those

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol I don't care, just curious as to why you're so hell bent on seeing Wests fail

I don't get it either. I'm not sure why anyone would hate the Wests Tigers, we're generally too shit and the least offensive team ever. Both Entertaining and hilarious to watch. Fans aren't arrogant as we know we're shit. The only people who should hate the tigers are tigers fans.

Red Bear

Referee
People didnt like the tigers when Benji was there and they were always on sundays.

I always like them because when they are on they are entertaining as hell.

TheFrog

Coach
Lol I don't care, just curious as to why you're so hell bent on seeing Wests fail

They got far too many legups from the officials for my liking in the second half. From the 50th to the 70th minute only one side was refereed. This sort of thing seems to be happening just about every week. Everyone watching the game must notice it, it is extremely blatant. I'm blowed if I know why they are doing it though.

And yes I know the first half was different, and Melbourne got a dodgy try, but that was nothing compared to the second half.

So on the whole, one of the worst performances of the season by the whistle blowers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
They got far too many legups from the officials for my liking in the second half. From the 50th to the 70th minute only one side was refereed. This sort of thing seems to be happening just about every week. Everyone watching the game must notice it, it is extremely blatant. I'm blowed if I know why they are doing it though.

And yes I know the first half was different, and Melbourne got a dodgy try, but that was nothing compared to the second half.

So on the whole, one of the worst performances of the season by the whistle blowers.

So there was the 2 head high tackles (both were 50/50 but IMO probably should be let go)

What else was blatantly one sided to the storm?

Woods 'strip' on korobiete at the end was farcical

You death ride the tigers in every game thread I've seen. That's fine if you hate them, I hate souths and death ride them however at least I'm open about it and don't try to say 'for 12 minutes in the second half they got a few calls their way'

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
So there was the 2 head high tackles (both were 50/50 but IMO probably should be let go)

What else was blatantly one sided to the storm?

Woods 'strip' on korobiete at the end was farcical

You death ride the tigers in every game thread I've seen. That's fine if you hate them, I hate souths and death ride them however at least I'm open about it and don't try to say 'for 12 minutes in the second half they got a few calls their way'

The one on the 5th tackle in front of the sticks, don't even know what that was for.

Tigers getting the feed after Tedesco knocked it over the sideline from Koribete (I think).

Storm player kneed in the head after catching the ball but didn't get a penalty. Tigers got high shot penalties either side of this for hits that didn't look high. The one on Tedesco especially.

I'd have to watch the game again (which I won't because it doesn't interest me that much) but it seems there were plenty of them during that period, and I do hate the Storm because it's usually them that get this sort of legup. I just hate leg ups and biased refereeing more.

Latest posts