What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

saint.nick

Coach
I think they will have married, otherwise I don't think it's as significant.

Exactly, at the end of the day he'd still be a bastard if they didn't marry, and it doesn't really make a difference who your parents are when you're a bastard.

Also turns out I was right about Bran going inside the tower :D

Aragorn

First Grade
Exactly, at the end of the day he'd still be a bastard if they didn't marry, and it doesn't really make a difference who your parents are when you're a bastard.

Also turns out I was right about Bran going inside the tower :D

What are the chances Samwell Tarly finds something in that big fat library that says they eloped and did marry? does that change things?

Boom!

Book it.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah they'd have to have been married, imagine Jon finds out he's a Targ but still a bastard lol.

Parra

Referee
I think they will have married, otherwise I don't think it's as significant.

Targs are all murderous twats anyway. I have no idea why anyone would cheer for them - the took what they could by conquest and then whine when anyone else wants a slice. They are no better or worse than the Lannisters, Freys or any other 'great' house.

Seems this series is developing into a goodies v baddies scenario. GRR Martin will have something up his sleeve to shatter than garbage - let's hope the tv show creators respect that. They had to up until they ran out of material - the fear is that now they've turned it into something formulaic.

Hopefully a dragon will eat J Snow, D Stormborn and Tyrion in one mouthful. That'll keep us guessing. Maybe Nymeria could come back and sort out Arya the nutter.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I'm gonna theorise about whether Lyanna and Rhaegar married or not. So we know that Robert wanted to kill every remaining Targaryen because he saw them as a threat. Lyanna seemed certain that Robert would kill Jon if he knew Jon's parentage. Would Robert care to kill a Targaryen bastard with no claim to anything, let alone the throne? If he wouldn't care, then the answer is that Lyanna and Rhaegar did marry. Or did he want everyone with Targaryen blood, bastard or not, dead anyway?

I also think they got married, but not based on that.
At the Tower of Joy scene, did Lyanna even know that Rhaegar and the Mad King had died and Robert had taken the iron throne?

She was "kidnapped" for a while and Rhaegar left her just before she gave birth to fight Robert at the trident

If she did know then I don't think she'll be thinking about who was a threat to Roberts claim as a reason to protect Jon. It's more simpler than that and Robert just simply had a pure hatred for all Targaryens

Parra

Referee
Rhaeger was already married to Elia Martell. They had two children - the kids who were killed by Amory Lorch and Gregor Clegane.

This is what led to Oberyn getting his head popped open.

Someone

Bench
my theory is that cersei hasn't finish with the wildfire. she is going full mad king. seeing as though she doesnt have any dragons or anything to combat them she might team up with euron, that will stop dany from getting to kings landing too soon (for plot purposes), she will continue to be a bitch queen and burn people with wildfire, probably get obsessed with it. she has no more friends or allies apart from the lannister army? when dany lands history will repeat with jaime.

i just wonder what makes Jaime stay around for that long. he is another character that really doesn't have anywhere else to go. no way would he approve of what cersei has done and what she is doing to the nun.

Parra

Referee
He said "kill them all". Jaime took this as a cue/made this up as an excuse to kill the king.

The only mass killings by wildfire were carried out by Tyrion and now Cersei.

Other mass burning has been done by Targaryens using dragons to indiscriminately kill.

Parra

Referee
In that video (awesome scene) according to Jaime The King said "Burn them all" so Jaime killed him to stop this happening. TV & books are the same on this. Watch it at 4:50 .

Someone

Bench
yes.

im not sure what we are discussing anymore. i dont think we disagree we just dont understand eachother.

in the speech jaime says the mad king was obsessed with wildfire and burnt lords he didnt like etc, im thinking cersei will do the same. i didnt say anything about mass killings.

Parra

Referee
fair enough. I'm just being pedantic.

He did burn Ned Stark's dad as well. Which is either shit or cool, depending on perspective.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
After having 24 hours to mull over this season, especially the last 2 episodes, this show is seriously in a league of its own. It's ability to captivate and stir emotion is just unequaled. The entire first act of the finale with the destruction of the Sept and Tommen's suicide was just unbelievable.