What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Live Results: Round 9

Misanthrope

Staff member
Files are here.

-----

Draw

Roma Vandali V Sydney Vipers (+9.5)
South Canberra Knights V Perth Reds (+5.5)
Mount Disappointment RLFC V Shenzhen Sharkitohs (+6.5)
New England Celtic V Ponte Preta Billy Goats (+8.5)
Brisbane Bulls V Raymond Terrace Tanks (+2.5)
Ipswich Reds (+14.5) V Grapes of Nanking
Mu’a Saints V Quahog Quagmires (+10.5)

------

New England Celtic v Ponte Preta Billy Goats

New England have scored a measure of revenge for last year's semi-final loss at the hands of plucky Ponte Preta in one of the most entertaining games of the season, as the first placed Armidale side went neck and neck with their Brazilian opposition for much of the game. A 20 all halftime deadlock looked to be put to bed when the home side rushed out to a 32-20 lead, but the underdogs continued to nip at their heels until the final siren - New England triumphing 38-32 in a tense affair.

New England: James Tedesco 2, Josh Mansour, Ben Westwood, Tepai Moeroa, and Josh Jackson. Brough 7/7
Ponte Preta: Kris Inu, Jorge Taufua, Aaron Woods, and Rhys Evans 2.
HT Score: 20-20
Dally M: Martin Taupau (Celtic) 3, Josh Mansour (Celtic) 2, and Ben Westwood (Celtic) 1.
Crowd: 37,436

Ipswich Reds v Grapes of Nanking

Ipswich have achieved a minor miracle today in drawing 18 all with red hot Nanking in front of a stunned and proud Ipswich crowd. The home side were playing out of their skin to even compete with the second placed Grapes, but a late Luke Brooks penalty goal allowed the Reds to snatch a point in a game where Nanking's atrocious discipline saw both Joel Tomkins and Ethan Lowe sin-binned for the visitors.

Ipswich: Justin O'Neill and Corey Oates. Brooks 5/6
Grapes of Nanking: Korbin Sims 2 and Kane Elgey. Hodkinson 3/4
HT Score: 10-12
Dally M: Glenn Stewart (Reds) 3, Joel Tomkins (Grapes) 2, and Korbin Sims (Grapes) 1.
Crowd: 25,015

South Canberra Knights v Perth Reds

Perth have claimed arguably their biggest scalp of the season today with an impressive 24-14 victory over the South Canberra Knights in the nation's capital. The Reds' forward pack did the damage in both offense and defense, proving too much for the much vaunted Knights' pack to contend with.

South Canberra: Curtis Rona and Manu Ma'u. Smith 3/4
Perth: Shaun Kenny-Dowell, Kurt Mann, Dylan Napa, Chris Lawrence, and Jason Nightingale. Roberts 2/6
HT Score: 8-8
Dally M: Craig Kopczak (Reds) 3, Josh McGuire (Reds) 2, and Jake Friend (Reds) 1.
Crowd: 47,779

Mt. Disappointment RLFC v Shenzhen Sharkitohs

Fortunes were well and truly reversed today as Shenzhen recorded their best win of the season in a 32-6 drubbing of the previously in form Mt. Disappointment Rugby League Football Club. It was the Victorian side's biggest loss of the season and comes on the back of a string of injuries, while Shenzhen will be hoping this marks the start of bigger and better performances.

Mt. Disappointment: Zak Hardaker. Sezer 1/1
Shenzhen: Matt Dufty, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Fui Fui Moi Moi 2, and Greg Eastwood. Walsh 6/6
HT Score: 6-20
Dally M: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Sharkitohs) 3, Matt Dufty (Sharkitohs) 2, and Lachlan Coote (Sharkitohs) 1.
Crowd: 30,489

Brisbane Bulls v Raymond Terrace Tanks

Brisbane have surged into top four contention today with a commanding 48-18 annihilation of a Raymond Terrace side welcoming back Greg Inglis. Inglis got on the scoreboard, but it was a comprehensive routing from the home side as they pressed their premiership credentials with a eight tries to three win.

Brisbane: Brett Morris, Alex Glenn, Jack Wighton 2, Matt Moylan, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, and Cameron McInnes. Moylan 8/8
Raymond Terrace: Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, and Wade Graham. Gordon 3/3
HT Score: 24-6
Dally M: Jake Trbojevic (Bulls) 3, Brett Morris (Bulls) 2, and Matt Moylan (Bulls) 1.
Crowd: 39,085

Roma Vandali v Sydney Vipers

No real surprises in today's clash between Roma and the second to last Sydney Vipers, who didn't put up much of a fight as the Vandali ran roughshod over them on their way to a morale boosting 30-8 home win.

Roma: Darius Boyd 2, Ben Hunt, James Roby, and Gavin Cooper. Carney 5/5
Sydney: Ben Barba. Widdop 2/3
HT Score: 18-8
Dally M: Gavin Cooper (Vandali) 3, Todd Carney (Vandali) 2, and Ben Hunt (Vandali) 1.
Crowd: 23,250

Mu'a Saints v Quahog Quagmires

Quahog showed marked signs of improvement in today's visit to Mu'a, with the last placed whipping boys showing plenty of fire under the tutelage of New England maestro, CWB to lead 12-0 against the home side at the break. A half-time spray from their coach seemed to whip Mu'a into gear however, and they stormed home to record an unconvincing 18-12 win.

Mu'a: Andy Lynch, Kane Linnett, and Shaun Fensom. Richards 3/5
Quahog: Ricky Leutele and Manu Vatuvei. Maloney 2/3
HT Score: 0-12
Dally M: Shaun Fensom (Saints) 3, Rhys Hanbury (Saints) 2, and Andy Lynch (Saints) 1.
Crowd: 29,872

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Did my Free Agents go through?

For free agent picks, trades, or player rerates to be processed - there needs to be a notice in your orders.

While I do check the forum every day, I don't make a point of trawling through multiple threads on game day. I just go off what is in a person's orders.

Goldthorpe

Bench
For free agent picks, trades, or player rerates to be processed - there needs to be a notice in your orders.

While I do check the forum every day, I don't make a point of trawling through multiple threads on game day. I just go off what is in a person's orders.
Ah ok, cheers. I wasn't sure on the process.

HappyBadger

Juniors
It will rain blood today...

...whose blood? Your blood, my blood, their blood, everyone's blood...

...I'm thinking a Bastards Royale...

...and that's just at the Celtic/Billy Goats' game! Heaven knows if there will be an FFBRL alive after the weekend!

:crazy: Operator! What's the number for 9-1-1??? :crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Will sim the last two games later tonight. Got a meeting to attend and some writing I need to get done first.