What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodkinson

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
This stuff always makes me laugh. Browny is a great coach, who is doing the hard yards and actually building a side.

I've said it before, the easy thing for him to do would be go and buy a bunch of proven 30 year olds. Much like uncle Wayne did up there..
Where would the knights be in a few years though? Back where they are now.

Wayne did nothing for them yet rides into the sunset, to the helm of a gun side. There's where the blame should fall for where the Knights are.

Browny can take huge credit for our 2010 win. Yet he won't get any.
Funnily enough Wayne will get all the plaudits, rightly or wrongly.

He's the right man for the job up there. Just currently wearing the hurt from years of no succession planning and awful management.

Anyway, back on topic, it's a yes for Hokko. He'll straighten us up. Can't be having two crabs in the halves.
Wayne Bennett certainly did give credit. He made a point of saying the club and team were doing many things right. He also brought in his own conditioner and support team, Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan, and of course Darius Boyd. He starched up the defence and got Jamie Soward playing like a champion. For the first time in many years the team were playing solid football for a full 80 minutes from round 1. It's a bit fatuous to say Brownie deserves a lot of the credit because we wouldn't have won in 2010 if Brownie was still in charge.

As for Hodko, he has done his best work when paired with Josh Reynolds, a more random less structured type of player. For that reason I don't see him working out with Widdop at 5/8. Put Benji at 5/8 with Hodko at half and you might have something. I can't comment on his knee problems. Presume the club is doing their due diligence on his medical records.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Browny is a good coach and team builder.He is a proud ex Dragon and would be welcome back at the club anytime.I have no idea why any supporter would bag him.In my eyes one of the best.

CronullaSaint

Juniors
If Ash Taylor is a possibility for next year I don't understand why we would of been after Keary in the first place.

Dragsters

First Grade
If Ash Taylor is a possibility for next year I don't understand why we would of been after Keary in the first place.

I don't get it either.

Taylor is the most naturally gifted young half I have seen in the top grade for a while.

If we end up getting Taylor, I will buy keary a beer!

Dragsters

First Grade
To be honest I haven't seen much of him. What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Can kick well, reads the play very well, has got great timing and is quick.

I think his strength is his footy brain.

Earlier in the season, prior to getting injured he did some silky things with the ball and from memory won a few games for the tits with a clutch pressure play.

Not bad for a kid who was asked to step up last minute to cover injury.

Has a big future.